shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS Ideal-0 but HCA > 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WalnutCrunch

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/6/2003 10:11:57 AM mattinSD wrote:

Walnut,

If you're in Vancouver, try "Excusively Diamonds" ask for Dean (they have an internet site). They only deal in D,E,F colors and ideal, H&A cuts. Although I didn't buy from them, they offered excellent pricing.

Quote was $3250 US (which is a good price for those specs).

----------------

Thanks! I'll give him a call. I'd still like a Canadian diamond but that looks like a great price (why do thy deal in USD?) and they're local so I have to check them out.

So where did you end up buying from? :) Any other places you looked that are worth a look?

mattinSD

Rough_Rock
Walnut,

I grew up in Vancouver, but I now live in San Diego.... They quoted me in US dollars because of my location, and if shipped to San Diego they said I would be exempt from all the Canadian taxes.

I also talked to Minechelli's (spelling incorrect), but they weren't nearly as competitive and the saleperson tried to tell me that I wouldn't be able to distinguish from a very good cut from an ideal cut...

I ended up buying in San Diego mainly because I liked the comfort of the B & M store (which I visited probably 9 times before purchasing) and knowing I could make alternations to the wax model and final product without travelling 1500 miles...

I recommend Dean, because he found that diamond for me, provided a honest and accurate education about diamonds in a low-pressure atmosphere, shipped the diamond in, and I got a chance to view it in person on a trip up there. I gave him a deposit on the diamond and when I decided on a different diamond down here, he promptly returned the money. I've visited lots of stores and talked to lots of salespeople - he was definetly one of the best!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results