shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS ASET Info and Photos from JCK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 9:24:01 AM
Author: JohnQuixote
From ASET to ELP in under 1 page.

Kevin Bacon would be proud.
lol....yes he would!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/3/2005 8:43:41 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
The image I snapped through the eyepiece with my little Canon.
This may have been answered in another thread, but at a glance here is whqat the ASET tells us about this stone.

Green light comes from the horison to 45 degrees.

Red light comes from 45 degrees to 75 degrees.

Blue light represents the obscuration of the head and comes from 75 degrees to 90 degrees.

Black represents areas of not reflection often referred to as leakage.

Light coming from the green area is very weak and does not give good brilliance. This has something to do with cosign squared which has to do with math and makes my head hurt. Somebody else can explain that. This stone has entirely too much green light. It also has HUGE areas of black, which are not reflecting ANY light to the eye, you can imagine how "wonderful" they look.

This stone has a large "spot" of red light in the center of the stone that will appear bright with a large "surrounding" of blue that will appear black since the light that would normally light those facets is obscured by the head of the viewer. It will be another lifeless black area in an already relatively low brilliance stone. (We are now using a black background rather than a white to more effectively show the lack of reflection, you can use a white background also if you wish.) You want maximum red light with a good pattern of blue light in the red to provide contrast and dynamic sparkle as the stone moves even slightly. There are other smaller areas of fainter read, but this stone is a non starter in the new world of properly proforming diamonds.

WARNING! I am a rookie at this and some of my terminology may not be totally technically correct, but this I know and am sure of, this stone sucks...

Wink

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 4:20:59 PM
Author: Wink

WARNING! I am a rookie at this and some of my terminology may not be totally technically correct, but this I know and am sure of, this stone sucks...

Wink
hehehe.....may i borrow this phrase for future reference?
27.gif
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dang! I thought the image would come with the quote. How do I make that happen?

Wink

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can''t seem to *make* anything happen lately
21.gif
so i''m no help!

hmmmmm.....the pics used to attach in the quote automatically...maybe leonid changed the format?

all i know is.....

I am a rookie at this and some of my terminology may not be totally technically correct, but this I know and am sure of, this stone sucks...

NOTSOGOOD.JPG

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, so how did you do that? Oh, and thanks!

Maybe it is a Mozilla issue, did you just automatically attach it with IE?

Wink

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooops! sorry
20.gif
i should have explained what i did......
top to bottom:
right click on the picture you want to save
save it to your chosen destination on your hard drive (i.e. your picture folder or desktop or wherever you will know where to find it)
change the file name to something unique (no two file names can be the same)
reply to the message
click the 'attach file' button
find the picture you saved with the new file name and click 'upload'
type your reply
submit

that's ye olde fashioned way of attaching pics, but it works everytime!
2.gif
(almost)

YOUR TURN!
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see. I was hoping that there was a way to do it without storing it a second time on Pricescope''s data base so as not to use too much of their storage for the same photo...

Wink

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe there is
34.gif
if you find out let me know!! i''m all about saving space!
2.gif

(now i''m feeling guilty for starting a whole thread for photographs
20.gif
....sorry leonid!)

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
If the photo is already loaded on PS, then you can use the same technique you use to drag and drop a photo from other websites - you just have to bring up a second Pricescope window, navigate to where the picture is that you want, and then drag it and drop it into your reply.

I know what you mean about pictures not showing up in the quotes automatically. I've never seen that work....

ETA - you can right click on a photo and go to Properties to see it's location and name on Pricescope. For example, the url of the above photo is https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/NOTSOGOOD.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 4:42:10 PM
Author: belle
i can''t seem to *make* anything happen lately
21.gif
so i''m no help!

hmmmmm.....the pics used to attach in the quote automatically...maybe leonid changed the format?

all i know is.....

I am a rookie at this and some of my terminology may not be totally technically correct, but this I know and am sure of, this stone sucks...
NOTSOGOOD.JPG
NOTSOGOOD.JPG

i couldn''t get the url to work...unless that red x is going to turn into a picture once i hit submit!
20.gif

but the drag and drop works!! cool! i didn''t know you could do that!!
36.gif
thanks ws!!
from this day forward, i shall drag and drop!
2.gif

i hope i am doing my part by saving some space now!
26.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! have to try that...I''ve been saving them to my computer, then have to open them w/photo software and rename to JPEG, then go back and delete.......I need to try this way....thanks!!!!!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s an ASET image of a stone that I just got in. I thought you folks might find it interesting.
26.gif

ASET2804006366.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! care to "elaborate" on what you "see"??????
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmmm.
a05AGSAsetPrinted.JPG
34.gif
ASET2804006366.jpg
4.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I need to do some homework in analyzing these things. There''s quite a bit of data inculcated in that and I''m not sure what to make of it. Belle, how did you produce the model? That looks like DiamCalc but ASET isn''t one of the options in mine.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You certainly can see the clarity "issues!" Does the ASET allow you to see any possible off-center variations????

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/6/2005 4:15:33 PM
Author: Maxine
You certainly can see the clarity ''issues!'' Does the ASET allow you to see any possible off-center variations????
Probably, but the allignment will become very important for that. The image needs to be consistently taken from a position perpendicular to the table. I think a few degrees of variation will be enough to wipe out that usage unless you are analyzing pictures that you took yourself (which is not out of the question but not what most people on this board are doing).

It''s really interesting how that inclusion turned green.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/6/2005 3:45:23 PM
Author: denverappraiser
Here''s an ASET image of a stone that I just got in. I thought you folks might find it interesting.
26.gif

Maxine asks, "Wow!!! care to "elaborate" on what you "see"??????"

Here is what I see:

ASET2804006366.jpg

This stone has a LOT of red, that is a good thing. Around the edges is a little "leakage". There is some nice obscuration contrast (blue) in the red so there will be a lot of dynamic pizzaz in the stone. Very little green, so most of the light is coming from the angles of 45 - 75 degrees which is what we want for a nice bright stone.

The inclusion is side lit, so may tend to be harder to see when it is not being back lit like in the photo of the clear stone, remember light from the green is weak compared to light from the red or blue, something to do with cosign squared, ouch dang, there goes that pain in my head again... Denver man, how does my supposition compare to reality?

By the way, thanks Websailor, that drag and drop thing works VERY well.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.S. I will soon have some of the ASET hand held units available for consumers who want them, but the professional desktop model will have the diamond laying flat on the table, so any table tilt or other off centered culet issues will be instantly apparent.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
what''s the really light pink/whitish area??? Is that IS type leakage, or is it from another inclusion...?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a pretty little stone. You're right that the inclusion isn't nearly as bad as the dark field view would suggest. I notice that there is an interesting element that doesn't seem to be visible in the IS or Dark Field views but it appears on both the ASET and Belle's model. What is that? It seems to be half green and half white although this may be another allignment issue.

All in all this looks VERY different from the photo that John took at the booth.

ASET2804006366-2.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks to me to be where the light is on the borderline of being white instead of green, but I would have expected that to be darker. I am not sure...

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As I examine the picture, I actually see quite a few areas where the green mixes with the white, even within the confines of a single facet. The white is transmitted light, right? I''m not understanding what would cause a borderline between these two issues.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/6/2005 6:30:48 PM
Author: denverappraiser
As I examine the picture, I actually see quite a few areas where the green mixes with the white, even within the confines of a single facet. The white is transmitted light, right? I''m not understanding what would cause a borderline between these two issues.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
These will be areas that you might have used to have seen pink in on your idealscope or Firescope. Some transmitted light, some low angle light. The green does not appear to mix as well as the red and white so you are getting some green and white areas instead of a pink area.

Shave off another 2 tenths of a degree and you will be getting a lot more white...

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results