shape
carat
color
clarity

ags 0 w/ light leakage

ohhssi

Rough_Rock
been lurking long time and finally bought one! pricescope was a tremendous help!

specs

2.1c G VS1
Ideal cut 0, ex sym 1, ex polish 1 AGS
8.20*8.22*5.03
61.1 depth
59 table
14.5 crown angle
40.8 pav angle
thin-med girdle

This was for fun, I didn't feel like buying an ideal-scope. There was a computer generated ASET on my certificate, it had some greens under the table and a small dot of dark green under the table as well. I made a blue scope with a random plastic sheet I had laying around.

img_8002_0.jpg
img_7998.jpg
img_7995.jpg
img_7991_0.jpg

So I think I see some light leakage under table. By no means, I am not dissatisfied with this diamond. It did score 3.3 on HCA. I am happy with what I paid and I am very satisfied the look of this stone in real life.

I do realized, the light performance matters, but as long as my gf likes it, then nothing matters!

The question is, this stone did get AGS 0 but with 1 symmetry and 1 polish. I thought AGS 0 stones were scored for the best light return?

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
AGS takes into account many factors in its cut grading. AGS0 is supposed to be ideal cut but there can be 0 stones with light leakage or other issues. I don't remember how it works but basically a stone with leakage can still score a 0 due to other factors that they feel minimizes the leakage.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow. How did you make that IS?? I want to do that!!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Reflector images are very sensitive. I see what you are talking about in terms of a lighter color and possible leakage under the table. It looks minimal, though, and unlikely to have much impact on the diamond's appearance in normal viewing conditions. If you look through Whiteflash's ACA and Expert Selection inventory, you occasionally see Idealscope images that are pink rather than dark red under the table, too. Small amounts of leakage are allowed in AGS 0 and in some vendor's signature lines, because the impact on actual appearance is minimal. Your diamond looks beautiful and I hope you and your girlfriend get many years of enjoyment from it.

ohhssi

Rough_Rock
ringo865|1457739559|4003672 said:
Oh wow. How did you make that IS?? I want to do that!!

here is the schematic to my blue ideal-scope. super easy to make, need colored plastic sheet, black plastic sheet or (in my case, I milled out of a delrin), magnifying glasses, a ton of tape. =]

img_8005.jpg

enjoy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results