shape
carat
color
clarity

AGBF''s Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In another thread I alluded to my "invisible" solitaire. (Actually it is a solitaire in a setting made to minimize the visibility of the *band* and to maximize the visibility of the stone.)

I am, once again, trying to upload its picture.

read.gif

__tn_Invisible Solitaire.jpg

Tali

Rough_Rock
ooh, I do love your wedding set. Are you going to post a picture of the whole set, too, or is that here already in another thread? Have you had any problems with the very thin band on the ering bending/breaking? It looks so fragile. It's YG, non?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/18/2003 11:12:34 AM Tali wrote:

"ooh, I do love your wedding set. Are you going to post a picture of the whole set, too, or is that here already in another thread? Have you had any problems with the very thin band on the ering bending/breaking? It looks so fragile. It's YG, non?"

It is yellow gold, but it is *VERY* strong. I believe I once showed multiple views of the ring on Diamond Talk, which means I have them in my digital camera somewhere :). The side is wide although only a knife's edge shows when you look down at it.

No, I have not posted other views of the set, but I will do so. I have *ONE* picture of the set available to me now. In it the two jackets have been pushed in towards the band pictured above.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this works! If it does, you will see my solitaire with the two jackets.

read.gif

Solitaire with Jackets.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying to make the picture of the solitaire bigger!

read.gif

Invisible Solitaire.jpg

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, You ring is really great. I love the minimized setting to maximize the stone. Is that the effect with any knife edge setting?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/18/2003 11:42:10 AM Lanee wrote:

"AGBF, You ring is really great. I love the minimized setting to maximize the stone. Is that the effect with any knife edge setting?"

I would think so (that the knife edge band makes all settings look larger). My original engagement ring (from Italy) is a knife-edge 18 karat band with a gold oval head (is that the correct word?). In the oval are two 1-point diamonds. That was all we could afford, but I *always* loved that ring. This solitaire (bought many, many years later) was inspired by that ring. As I have said, I designed the ring and its jackets. (They were executed by my *local* jeweler.) The actual stone (an F VS AGS ideal cut) came from Ray Elsey at the Tradeshop. It is 1.678 carats.

I just discovered the thread here in "Show Me The Ring" with engagement rings. I see so many beautiful rings! They are truly wonderful! I have been eyeing the one that belongs to the wife of Mara's jeweler with envy!!!

read.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
You haven't posted your there yet, have you?

Which one belongs to Mara's jeweler's wife? I don'tread the post notes and now it's sooo long. Which page is it on?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/20/2003 12:59:30 PM Lanee wrote:

"You haven't posted your there yet, have you?

Which one belongs to Mara's jeweler's wife? I don'tread the post notes and now it's sooo long. Which page is it on?"

I haven't posted my photos there yet because I don't have all my photos ready to post. (This is due to things that, when described, become a Long Story and involve Software. You don't want to know about it. Trust me :). )

I will look up the page with Mara's jeweler's wife's ring. I just can't do it now. We are about to have pizza with my parents to celebrate our daughter's fifth grade "graduation" which took place today :).

read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF I have always admired your ring. I've seen it on DT way back. I especially love the jacket; it gives the ring a very complete look.
appl.gif

P.S. You done good on the uploading!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/24/2003 12:43:10 AM Kamuelamom wrote:

"AGBF I have always admired your ring. I've seen it on DT way back. I especially love the jacket; it gives the ring a very complete look.
appl.gif

P.S. You done good on the uploading!"

Thank you! Thank you! Have you shared a picture of *YOUR* ring anywhere on Pricescope? I know I have *NOT* seen yours and would love to!!

Deb

[/quote]
read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, I was doing some catch up looking over here last night, there are actually many beautiful rings on the Show Me the Ring thread...

No you are correct I haven't posted my ring here. I'll try to get a decent picture of it and see if I can get it on that thread soon. Thanks.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanee--
I went and scrounged through my posts to find the thread that had my jewelers wife's ring in it. It was my original pic post.

Her ring is like mine (actually our ring was inspired by hers!)...but in yellow gold which sets of the diamonds whiteness beautifully. Her center stone is a 1c and the side stones are .04c all the way around. For comparison purposes, my center stone looks like a 1.35c and side stones are .03c all the way around. So her side stones are slightly bigger, center stone slightly smaller. Also the thickness of her ring is about 3mm while mine is around 2.6mm. So her ring is slightly thicker also. Very small differences but they are two different rings when all is said and done!!

AGBF--I remember seeing pictures of your ring on DT once...I really loved it and have saved the images down to my hard drive for future drooling. I love the idea of the big stone on a very thin 1mm or similar knife edge band to wear with the jackets. Amazing idea also!
1.gif

Anyway here is the link to the thread with the pix. Jeweler's wifes pix are near the bottom of the first page.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-ring-finally.4482/

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
AGBF... That ring is just FANTABULOUS
9.gif
!
You erally have great taste, and that is a VERY classy piece. Not for everybody.
**Tell me more about Italy** As you may know I'm Italian!!
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, thank you so much for finding that posting. I looked and looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it. I thank you, also, for the compliment on my ring.

Giangi, I had no idea you were Italian. My original e-ring was bought in Italy (in Genoa/Genova)and was the inspiration for the solitaire I had made many years later. From where in Italy do you hail? Do you live in Italy now?

read.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/25/2003 2
6.gif
5:47 PM I wrote:

"Mara, thank you so much for finding that posting. I looked and looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it."

I can't get there via the link, though, Mara! I get a message saying that the redirection limit to that url has been reached! I have no idea what that means, but it does *NOT* sound good!

Leonid, can you fix it so that the link works or the picture of Mara's ring and the jeweler's wife's ring can be reposted in *THIS* thread?

read.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
AGBF... I'm 100% Italian and I've always lived here... In Emilia Romagna.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did you learn such excellent English if you have always been in Italy, Giangi? My husband didn't learn English until his late teens, but he did, eventually, come to live here :).

What kind of education did you have?

read.gif

Tali

Rough_Rock
Ahh, thank you, Deb. I've been caught up in the work saga for awhile, but am very glad to see another pix of your wedding set. It really is lovely.

Ever since I got back from my honeymoon, I've been trying to recreate some of the wonderful dishes I had in Italy while there. The food itself is so intoxicating! Giangi, I am so envious that you *live* there!!!!
love.gif
We were in Tuscany for nearly 3 weeks, and completely loved it!

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
On 6/25/2003 25:47 PM I wrote:

"Mara, thank you so much for finding that posting. I looked and looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it."

I can't get there via the link, though, Mara! I get a message saying that the redirection limit to that url has been reached! I have no idea what that means, but it does *NOT* sound good!

Leonid, can you fix it so that the link works or the picture of Mara's ring and the jeweler's wife's ring can be reposted in *THIS* thread?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AGBF, I had a similar problem. My browser tried for about half an hour to open that page while I was in another room. It was clearly never going to succeed. So instead I copied and pasted it into the address bar, and got to it no problem. So until Leonid gets around to fixing it, hopefully this will work for you too!

-Melissa

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I emailed Leo and he said the link worked fine for him..dunno what's wrong!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/26/2003 12:25:45 AM Mara wrote:

"Actually I emailed Leo and he said the link worked fine for him..dunno what's wrong!"

Neither do I, but the link still doesn't work for me and I get the same message for one other link that has been posted on Pricescope. I don't have a clue. Cutting and pasting the address *does* get me there, however.

read.gif

PS-I now realize why I remembered your jeweler's wife's ring more than yours, Mara. She does what I do: sets her diamonds in yellow gold!!! It is stupid in many ways. Why set a white diamond in yellow? But she has the same preferences I do. Your ring is stunning, too :).

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Re: link.

When you want to post a link to a thread, it is better not to include session ID into it.

Session ID is a unique identifier and it is different even for the same member at next login.

The best way is just to post a link with a topic number skipping "sessionID={...}" part like this:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-ring-finally.4482/

Mara included session ID in her link above. I cleaned it out now and it should work. I hope so at least.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leo--I thought I only included Topic ID (when you view the revision it shows just topic?)...odd. Glad it works now!

AGBF--Yes at first I thought it was somewhat silly to set white diamonds in yellow gold like that because it didn't *match*, but to be honest, her ring is very very eye-catching and it's because of the white diamonds in the yellow gold look. Our rings look extremely different, mine looks very white and sparkly (probably similar to yours!), but hers was warm and sparkly with a great contrast between the icy white of the stones and the warm gold, it was very beautiful. So beautiful in fact that I was tempted (me who dislikes YG immensely) to switch my loyalties to have the same look! But in the end I am glad I went with plat..it's just as beautiful though in a slightly more icy way.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mara,
----------------
Leo--I thought I only included Topic ID (when you view the revision it shows just topic?)...odd. Glad it works now!

----------------
The link had sessionID (not visible though)
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 6/26/2003 12
6.gif
6:49 PM Mara wrote:

"Our rings look extremely different, mine looks very white and sparkly (probably similar to yours!)"

Yours would not be similar to mine, Mara :). My solitaire is in *yellow* gold like the ring of your jeweler's wife. That was what I meant by saying I had probably noticed her ring more than yours because she and I have the same idiosyncracies and set colorless diamonds in yellow :).

read.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/26/2003 1:53:41 PM AGBF wrote:

On 6/26/2003 12
6.gif
6:49 PM Mara wrote:

"Our rings look extremely different, mine looks very white and sparkly (probably similar to yours!)"

Yours would not be similar to mine, Mara :). My solitaire is in *yellow* gold like the ring of your jeweler's wife. That was what I meant by saying I had probably noticed her ring more than yours; she and I have the same idiosyncracies and set colorless diamonds in yellow :).

read.gif
----------------

Actually- I meant the jackets..which look like they are set in white gold or plat?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara wrote:

"Actually- I meant the jackets..which look like they are set in white gold or plat?"

I am sorry. I am making this more difficult than it needed to be. All three pieces (the ring and two jackets) are a combination of yellow gold and platinum.

The solitaire is described as, "set in a handmade six-prong platinum wire basket inside a handmade 18k yellow gold shank".

The jackets are described as, "One handmade 18k yellow gold and diamond wedding band set consisting of 12 round brilliant diamonds (6 in each) that are E in color and VS-1 in quality with a total diamond weight of 133/100 carats. These 12 diamonds are split-bar set in two handmade all platinum tops that are attached to handmade 18k yellow gold shanks".

I used the words of the description since I obviously do not describe jewelry well in my own words
sick.gif

Deb

read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, please check your PM when you have time.
tongue.gif

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results