shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Spicy green. Egg noodle. Glutinous bangle. I think these are terms which means something to them. I just am baffled. Apparently, glutinous bangle is cheaper but not that cheap. I have a lot of respect for these vendors. It must be hard to try and deal with people selling the the rough in the first place. I am voicing a frustration that I have when buying jade. I wish they would produce a chart to explain these terms and give meaning to these colours and textures. I think Jade is complicated, hence they have had to resort to such terminology. Because like, say, green. A piece of jade can have green. And then what is the texture? Also not just the greens are lovely. White with green is very beautiful sometimes. I think this is when egg noodles, spiciness, iciness and glutinous comes in. Still clueless nonetheless :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOoooh I think I've got it!

So I did some googling of "spicy green jade" and got a lot of the darker greens coming up.

Then I went through the jade lady's page and clicked on all the "translations" for everything she's posted for the last few days.

So everything that is dark green is "spicy" and it kinda looks like the colour of a jalapeno. That makes sense to me! Everything she (and other vendors on Carousel) called spicy was kind of this colour:

Pepper-El-Jefe-Jalapeno.jpg

I am not sure about the egg noodle however!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spicy green is a kind of green with darker green color concentrations in it, not like floating flowers but very compact colors. Next time I see a picture, I’ll show.

Gelatinous rice is a sticky, dense, semi translucent quality with fine grain that captures the light in such a way that is produces a soft glow. It is like a milky translucence, but also has to do with the growth of the grain.

No idea about egg noodle.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol thanks @Burmesedaze

I was wondering how noodles came into this! I even tried to look for stripes in the jade or something noodle like!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
It isn't just the translation. The term egg noodles and Yang egg noodles was used by a vendor in a message to me. She said the item was egg noodle quality. They all look lovely. I am sure egg noodle must mean something. Is it better than glutinous or gelatinous?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lmao. Not that I've heard being used in Burma nor most places. But I will ask the Burmese Chinese jade folks when I get back. Glutinous yes. But egg noodle not yet!

What are Yang egg noodles??? Made by the Yang family???

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could the vendor have used some translation tool and got the noodles?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This translation is funny too. If anyone is looking for high protein light up glue permeable naked jade.

Screenshot_20181026-200902_Facebook.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Haha. Wow. Protein. And glue. This is new. Egg noodles yes. I can’t stop laughing

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glue! Light up glue! Actually, it reminds me of a certain clear glue with a faint blue-ish glow...not dissimilar to the jade lol. And glue sometimes has protein in it. Fun descriptions which get me to think differently about things.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This translation is funny too. If anyone is looking for high protein light up glue permeable naked jade.

Screenshot_20181026-200902_Facebook.jpg

It’s the auto translation.
高冰种 - highly icy
蛋面 - cabochon
戒指 - ring
But translated to “high ice protein ring”...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For a lark, auto translation is fun. I used to get "club" for carat when FB had it for Burmese.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Myanmar grade A jadeite ring metal:18k gold & diamonds size for stone:11.5/.4/6mm price:1560usd

45055710_2148029335257813_2404767440459268096_n.jpg

Is this more affordable because of the colour? It's a pretty thick stone, open backing but a good price. The green is a bit odd though....

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Too much blue

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much blue
Ahh icic! It looks like a nice, lickable texture though!

Probably my least favourite out of all the greens I have learnt! haha you told me one day I'd have preferences!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha have you licked your collection yet?

Knock off a zero and I'd get it ;-)

Who knows, when jadeite becomes scarcer such colours may shoot up in price.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think it's a fair price for that colour and stone?

I would lick my ring but it's closed back!!! Don't want to have to clean that! :lol:

I do have this urge to lick/chew on my very first jade bead necklace. They are shiny in a really lickable way! The other stuff not so much!

Kidlet is VERY offended by the jade sample that was included in his rock collection and I wish I was brave enough to dismantle one of my necklaces to give him one bead! But I'm too chicken lest they all fly off and it's a disaster!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random!

@suzanne2 I think it was you who mentioned that you googled ruyi and got the TV show!

I watched that show! Cried my eyes out in the finale and went on a date with horribly puffy eyes so probably looked like I had a massive fight with hubs!

They wore some fantastic jade in the show! Probably fake but I kept imagining that in those days it would have been real and that green as well!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Random!

@suzanne2 I think it was you who mentioned that you googled ruyi and got the TV show!

I watched that show! Cried my eyes out in the finale and went on a date with horribly puffy eyes so probably looked like I had a massive fight with hubs!

They wore some fantastic jade in the show! Probably fake but I kept imagining that in those days it would have been real and that green as well!

The trailer is awesome! Ok, I'm off to find it on Netflix. Also, burmesedaze said that ring had to much blue but I see grey...?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe half the asking price. Remember the jade factory she sources from cuts the rough so they didn't pay per cab price. The settings are done cheaply too as they can mass produce given the demand.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The trailer is awesome! Ok, I'm off to find it on Netflix. Also, burmesedaze said that ring had to much blue but I see grey...?

This is like the colour Rorschach blot lol. What colours do you see? :D

I see blue overpowering the yellow and green for a dull green leaning blue as perhaps if more blue less green will turn grey? Lol.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you think it's a fair price for that colour and stone?

I would lick my ring but it's closed back!!! Don't want to have to clean that! :lol:

I do have this urge to lick/chew on my very first jade bead necklace. They are shiny in a really lickable way! The other stuff not so much!

Kidlet is VERY offended by the jade sample that was included in his rock collection and I wish I was brave enough to dismantle one of my necklaces to give him one bead! But I'm too chicken lest they all fly off and it's a disaster!

What colour bead would he prefer?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What colour bead would he prefer?

Oh he won't care about colour. I've got a super long necklace I'll pinch a green bead from one day. I just need to look at it carefully and know how to shove the string back in.

The jade sample in his rock pack stuck to a magnet which offended him because he didn't think jade should be magnetic and he concluded it was fake so tossed it out.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Myanmar grade A jadeite ring metal:18k gold & diamonds size for stone:14.8-11.5-9.2mm price:1860usd
45134480_2149795911747822_2052955420724559872_n.jpg

Myanmar grade A jadeite ring metal:18k gold & diamonds size for stone:9-7.5-8.2mm price:1888usd

45063100_2149791891748224_3623783737222758400_n.jpg
The second one has a better setting but the first is so much bigger and quite a dome! I don't really understand the pricing of these two.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is it with the hands holding a ball? They keep releasing earrings like that! My boys would scream and run a mile if I wore those! Is it good luck?

The lavenders here are soooo cute though! But I am broke!

45039260_330185410895698_7808629669481152512_n.jpg

I haven't seen a single bow since I bought mine (or before I bought mine!) Feeling squeee that I managed to snag the jade bows!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In trying to remember about the hands...in Budism Guan Yin is a goddess of mercy and compassion. hands holding a peach or a lotus symbolize her along with other representations. I have an icy pendant with a hand, very petite but adorable. They actually can be lovely on. I believe they are somewhat like a Hamsa hand, which have become so popular.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results