shape
carat
color
clarity

Affordable ways to get a 2ct Ring

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love the split shank. I am leaning towards a halo (or two) but don't want it to dwarf the stone just enhance it

Yes balance is a good idea :)

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
I fortunately have the GIA certificate with the exact specs so I wouldn't send my stone over I will be approaching a couple of local jewellers I know to see what they would charge to reset it in any ring I had sent to Australia. Hopefully with the GIA specs it won't be too far off

Thank you it is a really nice stone. I have a sapphire in a halo and love the look of that. I am tossing up a halo and some pave on the band or one of the more Art Deco settings depending on what Ivy and Rose say.

I will reach out to David as well and see what he thinks

I just had David make a setting for me, and he’s so easy to work with. Good luck!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone will keep you posted with updates.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love a pear with halo! Go for that! It won’t kill your budget either. GL. Can’t wait to see what you decide.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly where you're coming from but I think you'll struggle to find a 2+ carat stone for under 5K AUD at the moment. I'd save your coins and see what's out there once our dollar recovers and even consider the 1.5 - 1.9 bracket.

I was lucky to find a 2.2ct oval via Alex Park's Instagram but it's an M and I1 which put off most people thankfully. It's a 'bluffy' stone as it doesn't look nearly as bad as it reads on paper. It was six months ago but still cost me about 5K AUD. I then used up my old gold and got a local designer to make the ring for 900 AUD.

Before my stone came along, for the longest time I was eyeing off a 2ct MRB ring at a pawn shop. It was a K and quite clean. Amazing ring designed by Linneys. I think it got reduced to 9K AUD from 12K and I did briefly consider offering 8K. I'm glad I didn't as I am happy with my find.

Hoping that you might come across something special but this is one example of what you could theoretically get for 5K if you keep looking. Good luck!

IMG_3632.JPG

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know exactly where you're coming from but I think you'll struggle to find a 2+ carat stone for under 5K AUD at the moment. I'd save your coins and see what's out there once our dollar recovers and even consider the 1.5 - 1.9 bracket.

I was lucky to find a 2.2ct oval via Alex Park's Instagram but it's an M and I1 which put off most people thankfully. It's a 'bluffy' stone as it doesn't look nearly as bad as it reads on paper. It was six months ago but still cost me about 5K AUD. I then used up my old gold and got a local designer to make the ring for 900 AUD.

Before my stone came along, for the longest time I was eyeing off a 2ct MRB ring at a pawn shop. It was a K and quite clean. Amazing ring designed by Linneys. I think it got reduced to 9K AUD from 12K and I did briefly consider offering 8K. I'm glad I didn't as I am happy with my find.

Hoping that you might come across something special but this is one example of what you could theoretically get for 5K if you keep looking. Good luck!

IMG_3632.JPG

Gorgeous ring and find @monipod! Would you happen to be based in Perth? I’m pretty sure Linneys is only in WA.
I’m also from Perth :wavey:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone this really has made me rethink things.

I think I am going to reset my current stone into something and wait a few years before getting the larger stone.

I have a local designer who I will send some inspiration pics I also have spoken to Ivy and Rose as I love their vintage designs and they seem a really great price and so may PS people seem happy with them.

I sent them the specs of my stone and the links of the designs I like and they suggest a few designs including the ones below. They can alter them for a pear.

I would like to use our local designer if I can he has been making a ring for me which has been delayed by the corona virus reusing some old gold I had and a stone I had purchased awhile ago. I am hoping that will arrive soon and if I am happy with that work would like to use him. He has executed some gorgeous halos on his insta page so will reach out to him today as well.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and find @monipod! Would you happen to be based in Perth? I’m pretty sure Linneys is only in WA.
I’m also from Perth :wavey:

Hello! Thank you and yes, another Perth diamond fan here :D Linneys has a lot of gorgeous trinkets but out of my price range :cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results