shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on Engagement Ring

Alejandro Couttenye

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am interested in buying from James Allen and take advantage of the Black Friday sale, which was extended until Nov 29. After running a search, here I narrowed it down to the below (GIA reports attached).
Can you experts advise on which ones look the best, or suggest other JA stones? My budget is $5K-5.5K. Thank you in advance for your input.

0.98 H VS1 6.30-6.33.jpeg 0.96 G VS2 6.34-6.38.jpeg 0.95 G VS1 6.37-6.41.jpeg 0.91 F VS1 6.17-6.20.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The F VS1 has my vote. The proportions look good, and it does well on the HCA.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Does the James Allen sale include diamonds or loose settings? In the past I know that diamonds are not included.

Alejandro Couttenye

Rough_Rock
The F VS1 has my vote. The proportions look good, and it does well on the HCA.

Thank you for your input. Question. And comparing the 0.91 carats with the other stones above 0.95, is the difference in size very noticeable? I was aiming to 1 carat, but if there’s no big difference I’ll stay with the one you recommended.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your input. Question. And comparing the 0.91 carats with the other stones above 0.95, is the difference in size very noticeable? I was aiming to 1 carat, but if there’s no big difference I’ll stay with the one you recommended.

I think it'd only be noticeable if they were side by side. I think you would notice the color difference between F and H more readily.

Alejandro Couttenye

Rough_Rock
Thank
I think it'd only be noticeable if they were side by side. I think you would notice the color difference between F and H more readily.

Noted. And considering the diamond’s size (0.91), should I go with a 1.5mm or a 2mm ring? It will be a solitaire ring.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Thank

Noted. And considering the diamond’s size (0.91), should I go with a 1.5mm or a 2mm ring? It will be a solitaire ring.

your diamond size is quite big, nearly 1 carat, 2mm will do.
I am wearing a 1.6mm and size 0.744 carat. I prefer to go as thin as 1mm especially if the diamond is very small, less than 0.5carat and I have very thin fingers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results