shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Thread...

Ever Rodriguez

Rough_Rock
Hi All, do we have a thread where newbies like me can post diamonds and get advice vs. making individual posts?

This is the Diamond I am considering. Would it be to “white” if will be in a halo setting? I’m afraid of the contrast. Thoughts?

It has a very small inclusion. Thank you all in advance!

45215F4E-8CF6-4365-B434-E44C4D72B23E.jpeg

Attachments

• Holloway Cut Advisor HCA Tool 2.pdf
    293.6 KB · Views: 32

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suppose it depends where you get the halo. If the jeweler knows the stone is D they should be able to match the halo.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
You can request matching melee for the halo. I think D, E, F should be colorless and look good.

Ever Rodriguez

Rough_Rock
I suppose it depends where you get the halo. If the jeweler knows the stone is D they should be able to match the halo.

Thank you! What are your thoughts on this specific Diamond?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you confirm the HCA score? Some of us don't like downloading attachments off the internet ;-) :))

It looks like it scores well at first glance, and D VVS is a very nice combination!

If you've got it on Hold, please do post a link to any videos / pictures :)

Ever Rodriguez

Rough_Rock
Can you confirm the HCA score? Some of us don't like downloading attachments off the internet ;-) :))

It looks like it scores well at first glance, and D VVS is a very nice combination!

If you've got it on Hold, please do post a link to any videos / pictures :)

Thoughts?

3B90653B-BEC5-4685-AE99-35C75E9C388B.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts?

3B90653B-BEC5-4685-AE99-35C75E9C388B.png

Thanks! :)

It's sort of a 60/60 flavour (60% table, 60% depth) - that usually means it will tend to produce more white light than coloured fire, but it also means it is spread-y (looks large for its weight, as the 'Big' Looks Like Size diagram shows).

The angles work, the colour and clarity are great - you just need to make sure it does not have any weird striation that might affect light return or its look.

Video is best for assessing that, if you have one.

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
Most lab diamond melee is HPHT grown, not CVD grown, and is readily available completely colorless.

If you have a jeweler that you trust, they should have no problem matching a halo to the D color center.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
Really? I never knew that, thanks for the information :)

Yep, the little CVD melee that is out there is mostly from scraps of larger CVD rough, as it's not economically viable to grow small CVD rough suitable for melee.

That's why you see a lot of baguette jewelry from companies such as Vrai, it's cut from the scrap below the girdle of the main gemstone cut from rough.

(Note- there's absolutely nothing wrong/distasteful with cutting scrap material into beautiful melee)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results