shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice RE: Price (B&M vs. Online)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

natlaw

Rough_Rock
This weekend my boyfriend and I looked at DIAMONDS :) I have been doing my research and I know I want an Ideal, Premium cut, D-G color and 1.3-1.45 size. Everything after that is really irrelevant...I just want it to have nice fire and it to be eye clean. His budget is 5k-5500

Today we saw a
fairly eye clean diamond (it was a bit cloudy on a section of the surface...I noticed, he did not and it could be easily covered by a prong and you would not notice),
G color,
I1
Synnetry: VG
Polish: VG
7.25x7.20x4.50
Price 5742

I have seen better color stone online with SI2-I1 clarity (Ideal and Premium cuts); however, it is so difficult to tell when you can''t see the stone in person to determine if it is eye clean.

HELP...

thanks!!!

And this is the best diamond resaearch site online...so cool!
Natasha
6.gif
6.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
You didn''t mention the price online - but I bet online you''ll be able to beat most B&M''s prices.
Question is, if the B&M can match the online price or come close, you might enjoy having the convenience that comes with being able to see things up close and personal in real time.
I wouldn''t worry about clouds that could go under a prong. A feather that fit (mostly) under the prong and is nearly invisible anyway made it possible for me to get my dream of at least a carat within our budget.
Congrats on the move towards engagement! Enjoy it, it''s an amazing experience!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2005 4:08:41 PM
Author:natlaw

I have seen better color stone online with SI2-I1 clarity (Ideal and Premium cuts); however, it is so difficult to tell when you can''t see the stone in person to determine if it is eye clean.
You don''t really have to - as long as there is some confortable return policy, the seller has every interest to give you enough detail so that the stone stays with you afterwards and does not get returned. detailed pictures help a ton too.

Every SI1 ''documented'' on this forum passed such a reality checak. And there are a few SI2 and I1s on the list as well. You will find them on the ''Show me the ring'' fowum.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results