shape
carat
color
clarity

advice pls on probable tourmaline

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
planning on a bypass ring, using some small existing in my jewelry box loose diamonds, this ring would have birthstone for June/Alex and for Oct/tourmaline. Daniel M for the mounting, but somewhat similar to Stuller 72104 012p. I purchased the Alex from Multicolour a couple of years ago, a baguette, .47- very nice color change, described as 'moderate'. I want to stay with either baguette or a squarish cut for the tourmaline. I also do not want a color too similar to the Alex. Suggestions please as to what color and where I might locate it.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you wanting the tourmaline to be similar in size to your Alex? If so, Yvonne Raley on Etsy seems to be able to source single stones of that size. What is the mm size range you would like to stay within for the tourmaline?

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
It could be a bit larger but certainly less than most 1 ct stones. Having a hard time deciding on color - don't want something 'almost' like the Alex which is about 5.5 x 4

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would you consider having a stone cut to match the size of your Alex? Most of the stones I am seeing are a bit larger than what you are looking for. The tourmaline below is bigger than what you need, but I think this plum/pink type color might work well with both color changes of the Alex.
C9AAD6A3-E482-480F-94B6-2B3BEC26803A.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since you mentioned square as an option, here is a pair if 5.4mm squares. You could pick your favorite and use the other for another project. Since I haven’t seen your Alex, I’m not sure if they would be too close in color to it.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
pink would work as long as it isn't pale. Probably need to get Christmas behind me before I start a project for me! Thanks for the suggestions. Will be back with ring in early 2020.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results