shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice pls on heirloom ring...keep or incorporate into new setting?

Keep it as is or incorporate into new setting?

• Keep it

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Incorporate it into new setting

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT choice! Your aunt’s stone looks lovely as a pendant. How was working with David Klass on a rehab project?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it better as a pendant, it's an early round brilliant cut or a transitional not an old mine cut. I like the ring setting too.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT choice! Your aunt’s stone looks lovely as a pendant. How was working with David Klass on a rehab project?

Thank you! He was very easy to work with but I'd say it helps a good idea of what you want, he gave me options but didn't really advise or try to sway me on things I wasn't sure about. I found him responsive via email and I think it helped that I wasn't in a rush.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it better as a pendant, it's an early round brilliant cut or a transitional not an old mine cut. I like the ring setting too.

Thank you, me too! I'm still shocked at how much nicer it looks as a necklace. Agree it does not look like an omc at all to me, looks more like a round brilliant if I had to guess, the table is pretty large for an older stone.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I wanted a shorter, more secure chain for this. I got 2 very thin 14" chains (one WG, one YG) and threaded them through thinking it would be hard to accidentally break both of them at once....is it *too* short?

20180411_091325_2.jpg

KittyKatEve

Rough_Rock
Premium
So I wanted a shorter, more secure chain for this. I got 2 very thin 14" chains (one WG, one YG) and threaded them through thinking it would be hard to accidentally break both of them at once....is it *too* short?

20180411_091325_2.jpg

It looks very trendy! I think it looks nice. You can always thread different chains lengths whenever you want a different look.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very trendy! I think it looks nice. You can always thread different chains lengths whenever you want a different look.

Good point. I'm trying not to buy more for now but was thinking about getting an extender so I can adjust it depending on whatever else I'm wearing. Thank you for the reassurance! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results