shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please

Twinkle256

Rough_Rock
Please could I have some advice on this - and approximate price to pay - my son has asked and I've no idea - TIA Diamond Cert.jpg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve never heard of this certification company. I just looked it up, it’s a UK company - might be legit but I’ve not seen it before.) I’m not an expert, but all I can tell you is there is a lot of nuance that goes in to choosing a pear shaped diamond. Crystal size and bow ties. I don’t think I would trust this cert company or the jeweler behind it. I would only consider, GIA, AGS, IGI (maybe) and 8xCAL (New to the game, but excellent). But, again, I’m not an expert so wait for them to chime in.

Also, you can’t choose a diamond, especially a specialty cut, from just a certificate. You would need photos, scopes, and a video. Has your son done any independent research on how to find a great pear shaped diamond? The bow tie is a big deal (you want to minimize or avoid it) and then it’s super important to view ANY diamond in all kids of lighting. The lights in the jewelry store make even a crappy diamond look good. You need, sunlight, office light, partial shade. Take the time to do the research. If he’s not ”into” all this, you might have to pick up the ball, if he’ll let you! Good luck.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not familiar with AnchorCert reports either and not sure how accurate they are. GIA/AGS would be the gold standard for
diamond reports in the United States (where a lot of us are based).

The only thing I can do is point you to BlueNile which sells stones in Europe. You can change country and currency type
up in the right-hand corner of the window.

Its not really a good comparison as far as cost if the lab report on the stone is not considered on par with GIA. For example,
AnchorCert may say its a G/SI2 but if GIA graded it it would come out as an I/I1 and would be priced accordingly. So unless
AnchorCert is considered reliable and on par with GIA then comparing them with GIA stones may not be (probably not) valid.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not familiar with AnchorCert reports either and not sure how accurate they are. GIA/AGS would be the gold standard for
diamond reports in the United States (where a lot of us are based).

The only thing I can do is point you to BlueNile which sells stones in Europe. You can change country and currency type
up in the right-hand corner of the window.

Its not really a good comparison as far as cost if the lab report on the stone is not considered on par with GIA. For example,
AnchorCert may say its a G/SI2 but if GIA graded it it would come out as an I/I1 and would be priced accordingly. So unless
AnchorCert is considered reliable and on par with GIA then comparing them with GIA stones may not be (probably not) valid.

Exactly

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lets bump this and see if any UK peeps know these guys

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results