shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,I need advice on a diamond I am considering for an engagement ring. Here is the diamond:
1.352 ct, VS-1 clarity, I color, No flourescence, ID polish, ID symmetry, ID proportions, AGS certed, 61.4 total depth, 56 table, crown angle 34.3, pavillion depth % 43.0, girdle N-SK-F, PT culet, and measurements 7.10 - 7.14 x 4.37.It is a hearts and arrows AGS cut.My biggest concern is the I color that will be set on platinum. Any advice from the experts here about whether the I color should be a concern would be greatly appreciated. I ran this diamond on the Holloway Cut Advisor and it received a 1.4 excelltent rating.Thanks in advance,
diamondnewbie

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Most of my customers have never had a problem with I color in platinum. In my opinion I would not go as low as J.The truth is many people can not see the difference between a H or I color when the diamond is un-mounted, let alone being mounted.Good luck!------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondnewbie,You can go try to find I-color diamond in platinum settings and check whether you see a hint of yellow.Another thing for you to consider: ideal-cut diamonds are so brilliant an sparkly that even I color ideal-cut might look as white as D ordinary cut stone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I disagree with steve, (mildly).
I have found +80% of people can pick I with no training in good light. 50% can pick color in H, and very few in G and better.
Have you looked?
Secondly an I in platinum will look like a J in a bezel setting in 18ct.
garry h

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results