Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,I need advice on a diamond I am considering for an engagement ring. Here is the diamond:
1.352 ct, VS-1 clarity, I color, No flourescence, ID polish, ID symmetry, ID proportions, AGS certed, 61.4 total depth, 56 table, crown angle 34.3, pavillion depth % 43.0, girdle N-SK-F, PT culet, and measurements 7.10 - 7.14 x 4.37.It is a hearts and arrows AGS cut.My biggest concern is the I color that will be set on platinum. Any advice from the experts here about whether the I color should be a concern would be greatly appreciated. I ran this diamond on the Holloway Cut Advisor and it received a 1.4 excelltent rating.Thanks in advance,
diamondnewbie

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Most of my customers have never had a problem with I color in platinum. In my opinion I would not go as low as J.The truth is many people can not see the difference between a H or I color when the diamond is un-mounted, let alone being mounted.Good luck!------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondnewbie,You can go try to find I-color diamond in platinum settings and check whether you see a hint of yellow.Another thing for you to consider: ideal-cut diamonds are so brilliant an sparkly that even I color ideal-cut might look as white as D ordinary cut stone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I disagree with steve, (mildly).
I have found +80% of people can pick I with no training in good light. 50% can pick color in H, and very few in G and better.
Have you looked?
Secondly an I in platinum will look like a J in a bezel setting in 18ct.
garry h

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.