shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbresee68

Rough_Rock
Been looking at this engagement ring and wanted some advice:

GIA Report #: 16265818
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.6%
Crown angle: 35%
Pavillion angle: 41%

The price is $7800 and is set in a platinum 6 prong band.

Thanks for your opinions!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:21:35 PM
Author:mbresee68
Been looking at this engagement ring and wanted some advice:

GIA Report #: 16265818
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.6%
Crown angle: 35%
Pavillion angle: 41%

The price is $7800 and is set in a platinum 6 prong band.

Thanks for your opinions!
Welcome!

I would really like to see an ASET or Idealscope image for this diamond due to the angle combo, any chance you can request one from the vendor? Or is it preset in a ring with a jeweller or online vendor? Have you seen the diamond in person?

What is the carat weight please?

mbresee68

Rough_Rock
Yes it is already set. What type of info are you looking for from a hands on viewing? I did go see it yesterday and it was really white.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:29:00 PM
Author: mbresee68
Yes it is already set. What type of info are you looking for from a hands on viewing? I did go see it yesterday and it was really white.
My concern is the 35/41 crown and pavilion angle combo. GIA rounds the numbers and the 35/41 is hovering around what we call the steep deep zone. Depending on which way the angles are rounded, if in a shallower direction the diamond could be perfectly fine, steeper and it may show light leakage. This basically means the diamond won't perform as well as it could do and you could see dark areas on the surface of the diamond in some lighting conditions.

What you could do is order an Idealscope inexpensively, this will show you if there is any leakage in the diamond or not. Alternatively give it a really good test drive away from any store lights, to see how it behaves in normal wearing conditions. Put the ring under a desk with reduced lighting and see if it still looks 'alive.'

http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=2&ShowAdd=Y

Also what is the carat weight of the diamond please? That info is needed in order to look up the report.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ditto everything she said!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:34:44 PM
Author: Kelli
Ditto everything she said!!!
LOL!!

Hi Kel !!
35.gif

mbresee68

Rough_Rock
Sorry, left that important part out!

It is 1.06.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:37:24 PM
Sorry, left that important part out!

It is 1.06.
Thanks!

I looked up the report, everything looks fine.

mbresee68

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick opinions and help.

The ring is at Costco, so I''d probably need to buy it to test it with the idealscope, which isn''t a big deal because of their return policy. If it doesn''t show any light leakage, do you think that is a good deal, or could I do better by using a forum vendor? If using a vendor, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:45:34 PM
Thanks for the quick opinions and help.

The ring is at Costco, so I'd probably need to buy it to test it with the idealscope, which isn't a big deal because of their return policy. If it doesn't show any light leakage, do you think that is a good deal, or could I do better by using a forum vendor? If using a vendor, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again!
You can check prices of similar using the search tool above, punch in your specs and you can see what similar are priced at. Bear in mind the various benefits some of the vendors offer such as upgrade policies, buy back, images and photos, expertise and customer support etc. So it depends on your comfort level as to how you prefer to purchase and price comparisons.

Here are some of the trusted and popular PS vendors you can check out.

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.whiteflash.com

www.exceldiamonds.com

www.jamesallen.com

And you are most welcome, glad to help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results