shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on settings please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wannanicering

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I am at a bit of a loss on what setting to get for my engagement ring. The setting will have to be able to fit a 1.5 carat round diamond.
Here are some of my concerns about the setting and preferences ...

I cannot get a setting where the diamond sits up high, so I would need a medium height setting.
I seem to be attracted to classic and elegant settings, which are not very ornate but have some small detail which makes it a little more interesting. I''m not sure if I want side stones or not, but I do really like Jeff Cooper''s 3 round stone lattice ring (see attached picture). Actually, do any online jewelry stores carry this setting (side stones are .65 cttw - Product #2806) or something similiar? (BTW, I do also like the Vatche 3 stone truffle but with a 1.5 carat center stone, the 1 carat cttw sides get too expensive!) However, I am also considering other settings, like ...
Vatche''s x-prong for a single round is very nice, however I am concerned that the shank is a little too wide. Vatche''s royal crown is also beautiful, but this that a high setting? I think you can see that I really seem to enjoy rings where the side or profile view reveals a different, yet graceful setting.
So can anyone help me with what are some other options for a medium height set diamond ring????

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

2806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results