Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on settings please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wannanicering

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I am at a bit of a loss on what setting to get for my engagement ring. The setting will have to be able to fit a 1.5 carat round diamond.
Here are some of my concerns about the setting and preferences ...

I cannot get a setting where the diamond sits up high, so I would need a medium height setting.
I seem to be attracted to classic and elegant settings, which are not very ornate but have some small detail which makes it a little more interesting. I''m not sure if I want side stones or not, but I do really like Jeff Cooper''s 3 round stone lattice ring (see attached picture). Actually, do any online jewelry stores carry this setting (side stones are .65 cttw - Product #2806) or something similiar? (BTW, I do also like the Vatche 3 stone truffle but with a 1.5 carat center stone, the 1 carat cttw sides get too expensive!) However, I am also considering other settings, like ...
Vatche''s x-prong for a single round is very nice, however I am concerned that the shank is a little too wide. Vatche''s royal crown is also beautiful, but this that a high setting? I think you can see that I really seem to enjoy rings where the side or profile view reveals a different, yet graceful setting.
So can anyone help me with what are some other options for a medium height set diamond ring????

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

2806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.