shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Mark Morrell or Eternity by Yoni

kaileen

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!
I am somewhat new to Pricescope. I have been lurking on and off for a little over a year, but this is my first time posting.
My boyfriend and I have started officially looking at engagement rings (!!!), and I thought I'd come here for some advice.

First off, I adore Mark Morrell's work, and am especially interested in his Slim Petite Torchiere. I know that his work is top quality, and I love seeing the rings he makes.

However, I also found a ring at Eternity by Yoni, called Kate. (I hope it's okay to link - http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Kate-Ring-with-Crown-Basket-540.htm# ) It looks very similar to the Torchiere, and I have already contacted Yoni about making it without the extra diamonds on the band and having a reverse taper as I prefer that. He was very confident that could be done, and said that it would lower the price listed on the website.
I like that there is a 100% guarantee and 30 day full return policy (though a 30% restocking fee for custom designs). I do not believe Mark offers that.

That being said, do you think there will be a noticeable difference between the two rings? I want quality, but I also want security that I will 100% love the ring I get, and am a little nervous about purchasing something I haven't tried on. I've searched past posts and have found mostly positive reviews for Yoni.

Also, I am preferable to platinum, although Yoni offers settings in Palladium, which I have done some past research on, and like as well, though I realize I may run into issues later if I ever need maintenance on it. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with Palladium in particular?

Thank you all in advance!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I suppose a good product will catch on and a not-so-user-friendly one will fade away. Since palladium is seldom used by PSers these days, it might not be worth the potential hassle to get a ring in this metal.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I can't say from personal experience, but I've read several posts since joining PS that Mark Morrell does beautiful work. That's not to say Yoni doesn't, I just don't recall hearing about him. I would agree that platinum is the way to go. I also debated about palladium as I was looking at Ritani for a while and they offer it, but then went with another setting/mfr in platinum. Do some research by searching platinum vs palladium to see what you find; I know there is stuff out there. If I recall correctly, some places don't work with palladium as it is more difficult so you could potentially have issues down the road when needing a repair, e.g.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a "tiffany-replica 6-prong knife-edge" solitaire by Yoni and it is excellent quality. So good, in fact, that when my (now) wife and I went to Tiffany & Co to try on wedding bands, the T&C salesman thought our e-rings were from T&C.

So although the ring you're looking at by Yoni is different, I bet it's excellent quality.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh and regarding the metal, ours are platinum. I have no experience with palladium

kaileen

Rough_Rock
HappyNewLife|1454000772|3983057 said:
I have a "tiffany-replica 6-prong knife-edge" solitaire by Yoni and it is excellent quality. So good, in fact, that when my (now) wife and I went to Tiffany & Co to try on wedding bands, the T&C salesman thought our e-rings were from T&C.

So although the ring you're looking at by Yoni is different, I bet it's excellent quality.

Your ring is beautiful! Thank you for your reply. That definitely makes me feel more confident toward Yoni.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Yoni created a three stone ring with center halo for me, and I was thrilled with the quality! :love:

Congrats and best of luck creating the ring of your dreams! :)

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Kaileen, did you decide on your setting yet? I am partial to Mark Morrell because Mark made my e-ring (flame setting in platinum). I am in love with it. Let me know and I will post pictures for you.

kaileen

Rough_Rock
Boxbits, I did decide on a setting! My (soon to be) fiancé and I decided to work with a local jeweler and they are making me a custom design inspired by Mark Morrell's torchiere. We just felt more comfortable being closer to the process and I was able to try on the wax model with my diamond and everything.

I will be sure to post pictures once I finally have it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mark morrell settings are my dream rings. Good luck and I hope you get what you want!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry for responding on this very old thread lol... I just found this setting and it's the right price and looks like a very close replica to the Tiffany setting I've been wanting. Do you have pictures of your ring I could look at? And if I were to go with this setting, I would ship my diamond to them? Just buy the setting and have my local jeweler set it to avoid having to ship mine?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shady2.jpg holdinghands.jpg

img_0944_1.jpg img_0946_0.jpg img_0948.jpg

I don’t have this ring anymore (my wife still does tho). But you’d have to ask Yoni about setting prices and whether he does it without buying a diamond. I don’t know cost for white gold. I think this was $900 (platinum)

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@HappyNewLife thank you it's gorgeous! It's actually much lower set than I thought so I'm glad I saw these real life pictures. Did you customize it at all to be lower or is that the standard?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife thank you it's gorgeous! It's actually much lower set than I thought so I'm glad I saw these real life pictures. Did you customize it at all to be lower or is that the standard?

this was the standard height, I didn't modify it at all.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore Mark Morell's rings. I have only heard good things about them. I see you have made a decision, I hope you love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results