carat
color
clarity

Advice on Jogia Diamonds round diamond

zjdurkin

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Just after some advice on this diamond.

From my research I think I will get the best value for money with an I coloured diamond at this size, or would people suggest a higher colour range? I am looking at setting in platinum petite pave style.

This diamond does have small inclusion right in the centre of the stone, visible at magnification but I cannot appreciate it at the eye level view.

I live in Australia and have been looking at getting a diamond from America from either James Allen or BlueNile. However, with the poor exchange rate, Jogia Diamonds in Australia appears to be better value for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you tell us your budget, desired stone size, and clarity/color preferences? Unfortinately the stone above does not look great, and I think we can help you find a better one.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At 41.6 your pavilion angle is too high for a well-cut stone.

zjdurkin

Rough_Rock
Hey thank you so much for replying. My budget is around $12k AUD and stone size in the 1.25-1.40 area. From my research I thought I colour would be okay in that size but what do you guys think? With clarity I’m also not an expert but I thought VS2 or above?

Thanks again

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you put your preferred parameters into the Search Bar at the top of the forum, you can go into the Filters section when the results come up and then select 'Excellent' from the HCA Score section - that will filter out a high number of stones and leave stones that are highly likely to perform well :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you put your preferred parameters into the Search Bar at the top of the forum, you can go into the Filters section when the results come up and then select 'Excellent' from the HCA Score section - that will filter out a high number of stones and leave stones that are highly likely to perform well :)

This is a great idea. Just make sure to factor in any VAT/import tax you would pay if you buy from the US (I am from the USA so don't have a clue how much extra you would pay to import, but just make sure to add that to your budget so you aren't surprised later)

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
You are concerned about color and clarity, and that is great, but another concern which you haven't mentioned is the actual 'cut' (not shape) of the diamond. There are several calculations which help determine whether a diamond will have 'fire', be brilliant, sparkle, etc. The 41.6 pavilion mentioned above will NOT be a beautiful diamond.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I would shop around. The US dollar is starting to show some give so you might score a bargain if you're ready to pull the trigger this week.

I used to look at Jogia's inventory and I think a lot of it is located overseas anyway. Not to take business away from a local merchant but compare prices as much as possible. A loose diamond only attracts 10% + import duty, which Jogia will apply to your end cost anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results