shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice On How Best To Sell

diamondendeavor

Rough_Rock
Hi. I'm planning a diamond buying trip to Africa with a well connected gemologist who has been going on these sorts of trips since 2008. We plan to buy one or more rough diamonds, get the Kimberly certificate(s), and have it (them) cut and GIA certified and then sold on the open market.

The plan put forth by the gemologist entails setting up my own website, ranking it on Google, and selling the merchandise that way. I wanted to see if anyone in this forum had some other, perhaps more easier methods for selling the diamond(s).

I realize different avenues have different costs associated with them. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find I could sell my inventory the quickest if I was willing to make the least profit or conversely, that I could make the most profit if I was willing to be patient and wait longer.

Since I have no connections in the diamond business myself, I would be more than willing to perhaps sell my inventory on consignment, unless someone were to advise me differently for good reason.

My initial thought is to put it (them) on eBay and see what happens, however never having been in this situation before, I confess I don't know what would be best.

For those who have some experience in this field, what would you recommend given my position? Is setting up my own website and ranking it on Google the best way to make the most profit in the least amount of time?

Any company names you can give out that would help facilitate sales would be helpful too.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results