shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on diamonds needed! Thank you!

Treasurehunternew

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I've posted about a week ago about two diamonds I was choosing between but then the winner was sold ...
So! I went treasure hunting on JA again and found these four lovely rounds and it would be great if you could help advise which one is better!
Really hoping to find one with brilliance, sparkle and fire!
Note: this is going to be a ring :)

Thank you in advanced!

1) F 1.05 carat $6100 (HCA score: 2)
black dots on the table and GIA report says clouds not shown though and I'm a bit worried
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.52.03 AM.jpeg

2) E 1.08 carat $6480 (HCA 2.1)
Black dots on table and AGAIN! GIA report says clouds not shown (again) and I'm a bit worried (again)
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.52.15 AM.jpeg

3) E 1.02 carat $6200 (HCA score 2.2)
This one seems great from the report, but dunno why JA customer service doesn't quite like it and recommended the 4th one instead so I'm slightly worried
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.51.37 AM.jpeg

4) F 1.05 carat $6220 (I ran out of HCA trials ...)
A lot of twinning wisps on the table. From my previous search, I read some threads about that so I'm slightly worried if this is going to affect the brilliance but this is recommended by JA so I'm including this in my choice

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.51.52 AM.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not loving those options. Can you ask to see the report for these?

Reactions: Kya

Treasurehunternew

Rough_Rock
I'm not loving those options. Can you ask to see the report for these?

Oh! The 1.03 E one is looking good!
Is there something wrong with diamonds in the post though? cos they look really sparkly on the website and I'd love to learn more about what factors I should be looking at when choosing

I'm also quite concerned about the fluorescence as I heard that your diamond can look milky under the light. Is that a thing? I've been doing some reading and there seems to be opinions on both sides so I'm a bit a confused ...

cert (10).jpeg
cert (11).jpeg
cert (9).jpeg

Attachments

• 1606020596616.jpeg
    1606020596616.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 13

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamonds in your original post have proportions that don't always work well together, hence the higher HCA scores. The three I linked score under 2. Of those three, the 1.07 D VS2 has my favorite proportions (smaller table, balanced crown/pavilion angles), and the inclusions are off the table and most likely can be covered by a prong.

You should ask your James Allen rep about any potential milkiness in the 1.07 D VS2 or 1.00 E VS1 if you're leaning towards one of them. Have someone look at them in sunlight for you.

Also ask for an Ideal-Scope image to verify light return.

Last edited:

Treasurehunternew

Rough_Rock
The diamonds in your original post have proportions that don't always work well together, hence the higher HCA scores. The three I linked score under 2. Of those three, the 1.07 D VS2 has my favorite proportions (smaller table, balanced crown/pavilion angles), and the inclusions are off the table and most likely can be covered by a prong.

You should ask your James Allen rep about any potential milkiness in the 1.07 D VS2 or 1.00 E VS1 if you're leaning towards one of them. Have someone look at them in sunlight for you.

Also ask for an Ideal-Scope image to verify light return.

1606154167038.png

The idealscope is looking great for the D one!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic! Did they check it out in sunlight?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You do not want anything higher than faint fluorescence in a D, E, or F color diamond.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

Treasurehunternew

Rough_Rock
It looks fantastic! Did they check it out in sunlight?

What about this one?
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-25 at 1.20.58 AM.jpeg

The specification looks very similar to the D one (but slightly cheaper!)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about this one?

The specification looks very similar to the D one (but slightly cheaper!)

Do you have it on hold? It says not available. I like the proportions a lot, but ask for an Ideal-Scope image. The picture of the diamond looks less attractive than the 1.07 D to my eye, but maybe it's a top performer regardless.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is $6710 a good price for it then?

It does look like it's cheaper than other 1.05-1.09 D VS2 stones on a PS search, so it seems like it's been discounted already. You'd have to decide whether the discount is good enough in case you ever want to sell it later on.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I got the D colour one! Thank you all for your advice! I couldn't have made a decision without your help!

Congratulations on your purchase. It sounds like you feel confident in your decision and it is great that you sought out input and info from others so you could make the best decision for you. Best wishes for a wonderful life together!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic, congrats!! Happy I could help. Please come back and share pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results