shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on choosing an estate ring

dunelm

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm new to posting but have lurked for some time. I've known for years exactly what I wanted in an engagement ring (classic ec with tapered baguettes) and after looking at the stock settings from the PS vendors decided that the only way to get what I wanted was to go custom. I got some great quotes but our budget is modest and although I don't want a large, I was worried the stone we could afford wouldn't work proportionally with this ring.

So, while browsing for ideas and pricing up stones I came across an estate piece on a reputable site that I first heard of here. I've fallen in love with the delicacy setting and the center stone is twice the size would could afford to buy new. The only thing that is worrying me is the lack of details about the center stone. I've emailed and asked for more info but I'm not sure that it comes with a certificate as it's an estate piece.

Can anyone please advise me on the sort of questions I should be asking the jewelers?

Thanks,

D

dunelm

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Stone Cold.

I waited 24 hours for a reply from the vendor only to be told that the ring had been sold despite it still being shown on the site. Needless to say I'm rather disappointed.

Thanks for your help.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? Maybe someone here can scout out something for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results