shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a princess cut 3 stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessCut05

Rough_Rock
I am agraduate student seeking to buy a 3 stone princess cut ring. Budget is a serious issue. Accordingly, we are willing to trade carat weight for cut and color. I created this ring on diamondsonweb.com. Any commentary regarding the vendor and ring would be appreciated. It would be set in platinum and cost$5625.

Princess cut center stone
Measurement: 4.75 - 5.16 x 3.31
Carat weight: 0.72
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
L/W Ratio: 1.09
Depth%: 69.8%
Table%: 71%
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

Princess cut SIDE STONE 1
4.06 - 4.06 x 2.72
Carat weight: 0.36
Clarity: VVS2
L/W Ratio: 1.00
Depth%: 67.0%
Table%: 68%
Girdle: Thin to Medium

SIDE STONE 2
Measurement: 4.05 - 4.05 x 2.79
Carat weight: 0.38
Clarity: VS1
L/W Ratio: 1.00
Depth%: 68.9%
Table%: 67%
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to Medium

taualum23

Rough_Rock
The first thing I would recommend is to possibly step away from the D color. Is that really necessary? It''s wonderful, but it does some freaky things to budget. Try making the ring again with say, an F. Still in the colorless range. You could (if you desire) get more stone for the same price with a still excellent color. I went with a G VS2 princess for my girl''s ring, and it is stunning. Face up it is white as can be, and only side by side, under perfect light could I tell it from an E.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would also take the diameter-dimensions of the stones, try to cut them out in paper as well as you can, and then put them side-by-side. In this way, you will see if the combination of the sizes of these three stones will work for you.

Personally, I have the impression that the side-stones are too big, compared to the center-stone, or otherwise, that the center-stone is too small compared to the side-stones. This is a personal taste, however, and you will have to look at this yourself.

Live long,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given size, I really doubt there's any difference to talk about between G and D... except cost. Of course they could be told apart for grading - but that means out of setting and culet up and under special lighting and next to refference stones.... No one will ever see those diamonds again as the grader did.

It may be practical to get to see some diamonds before deciding the grades. This, unless D/IF carries a certain meaning that matters beyond what the ring looks like.

About the center / sides proportions...

Dvatche.com (the designer's site) gives this refference for a three stone princess ring with 0.75 cts center and 0.5 tcw. side:

1001-b.gif
(that ring must be about size 5, I think)

& Speaking of paper bits proportional to your stones...
4.gif

SizeiTSxas.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Valeria: The schematic of stone sizes is very neat and helpful. I

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results