shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a 2.02c diamond

Lewis189

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Hopefully someone can take pity on me and give me some advice - I've been reading and reading and reading about diamonds and i think i may have found a nice one ready to be set on an engagement ring for my long suffering girlfriend.

I am concerned about a few things... firstly, in amongst all of my reading, i think i have read somewhere that on the larger diamonds colour is more important. Is "G" ok for this size diamond, as it is in the "near colourless" rather than the "colourless"

i am also concerned with the VS2 and the feather in the middle of the ring... without seeing it am i able to tell whether i can see this with the naked eye once it is in a setting?

I know the only way to really tell is to see it, but there is such a saving with buying online.

With regards to depth, table etc... i think these are within a good range but it would be nice if someone could confirm this.

With regards to price, how do i know i am paying the right price?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can find the time to help me out - despite all the reading i still feel i don't have any idea!

Lewis

DIAMOND GRADING REPORT
GIA REPORT NUMBER
DATE OF ISSUE
5/08/2015
ROUND BRILLIANT
Measurements 8.11 - 8.15 x 4.96 mm
Carat Weight 2.02 carat
Color Grade G
Clarity Grade VS2
Cut Grade Excellent
PROPORTIONS
Depth 61.0 %
Table 58 %
Crown Angle 34.5°
Crown Height 14.5%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 60%
Lower Half 75%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
FLUORESCENCE
Fluorescence Medium Blue
CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS
Clarity Characteristics Feather, Crystal, Pinpoint

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
G is white enough, near colourless is very white unless you're extremely sensitive and have a D colour beside it. Also, VS2 should be fine as well. I think you might be concerned about the med blue flour.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depth and table should be fine as well. Could be a very pretty stone. Can't address the feather as we don't have a plot to look at to see exactly where the feather is located.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lewis189,

There is nothing inherent in the numbers, color, size or clarity to be concerned about - this could be a lovely diamond. Do communicate with the vendor and get their in-house gemologist to give you more information on any of the questions you have, see if they have light-performance images available (Ideal-Scope or ASET) and then, if all is well, verify the return-policy and look at it yourself. From a preliminary standpoint there is nothing that should dissuade you from further investigation - (provided the Medium Blue Fluorescence is acceptable to you).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone else that the numbers look good! But I would not buy a 2 carat diamond without magnified photos at minimum and preferably with an idealscope or ASET image. Many online vendors provide these on their sites.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results