I recently made a decision on a diamond and it is currently being put into a setting. However, before I fork over the cash I thought I would get your opinions. The diamond I am looking at is an H SI1 that is not certified. By examining it with a 10x it is a very clear diamond with only one noticeable inclusion that is in the outer ring of the diamond, and is only barely noticeable without the loupe. In comparing it with other diamonds the color and cut also appear to be very good. The price written with the diamond is 4200/6400 which I am understanding as the asking price and the retail or whatever. Originally they were going to sell it to me for 4200, but because they are a client of the accounting firm I work for they are giving it to me for 3850. My question is about getting it appraised. They have said that they will give me a certified appraisal and when I asked which price it would be (4200 or 6400). They told me they could do it either way, but they would suggest having it appraised at the lower for insurance purposes. Should I also get it appraised somewhere else? If so where, and what should my expectations be.