shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed on diamond quality

Chicgeek

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I have been engaged since February 2016. I told him to propose with a fake so it could preserve the surprise and we can go shopping to pick out something I'll love. Now it's 8 Mo this later and we're just start in to shop for diamonds!! I guess you can say I've bren really patient!
We visited a local jeweler who ordered us a diamond 1.3 carat, SI1, color H. The GIA certificate number is 7236086732. Please tell me your professional analysis of the quality and what this diamond should approximately sell for.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Jessie

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
That link doesn't work. Could you post the gia certificate number please?

Chicgeek

Rough_Rock
Hi! Yes the GIA certificate number is 7236086732. Thank you for asking.

Timm

Rough_Rock
That does look very well cut. I personally don't know much about diamonds and cuts and all that, but I'm learning really fast with the help of the experts on this site.

Chicgeek

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link! I would like to stick with GIA certified. But that diamond you sent a link for looked GREAT especially for the price. The total depth was slightly above range but everything else seemed good. I've been doing a great deal of homework!!

I would like 1.3 to 1.5 carat with great properties for under 10k, definitely must be eye clean too. I've been sticking around G-H SI1.
Do you have an opinion on what the diamond I originally posted would sell for with a 10 percent markup?

Thanks,
Jessie

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The total depth is not slightly above range in the James Allen cut. AGS is the strictest lab when it comes to cut, with ray tracing technology, that follows roughly 40,000 light rays through the diamond measuring light return, contrast etc etc. more so than GIA.Their certificates usually demand a premium. They are regarded are equal in reliability in clarity and colour. The diamond posted had an ideal scope which trumps numbers on a certificate as even ideal angles do not reflect symmetry and not all diamonds with good angles will be good.

Please use the HCA tool on diamonds you look for (not necessarily with AGS 000) diamonds and try to get reflector images for diamonds. I really like the James Allen one with a small table should be very fiery.

Look for similarly speced stones to get an idea. You probably paid a premium if it was a brick and mortar store.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results