shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice for evaluating Asschers in person

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I completely understand, IF does carry a premium and since you''re already paying a premium for an RA, going down in clarity is probaby the best way to stay in budget. All of the RA''s I''ve seen on PS have very, very high clarity grading, so I have no doubt you''ll find something that has a high clarity grading without going all the way to IF. Good luck with your search and keep us updated!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 2:49:29 PM
Author: jplouis
I think I''m going to pass on the H IF Royal Asscher. After finishing drooling over it I had some time to contemplate the price and while I know an RA has a price premium I wasn''t prepared to pay a premium for the luxury of shopping at this particular store. They dropped their initial price 17% and it still seemed high. Search will continue...
Good decision -- personally, I would NEVER pay for an IF... ever. Take your time, and you will know when it''s right. This is a big decision, so think about it a lot and do your research. PS is such a valuable resource for learning about stones.

Please just look at the "Generic" cut cornered 5 steps... here''s a pic of mine. It kinda looks like an RA .. but it''s a 5 step cut cornered square.

I do understand the allure of the "RA".... but honestly, other than PS''ers.... no one knows the difference (except you -- and your SO... but... if you really, really want an RA... then go for it -- but I think there are some great generics out there too)

culooseassch.jpg

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh, I just love it when lovewhitediamonds posts her asscher. It is so beyond magnificent! And agreed, IF clarity is not worth the premium, and if your diamond looks like hers, who needs the Royal Asscher stamp?

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 8:33:00 PM
Author: pixley
Ooooooh, I just love it when lovewhitediamonds posts her asscher. It is so beyond magnificent! And agreed, IF clarity is not worth the premium, and if your diamond looks like hers, who needs the Royal Asscher stamp?
Awww.. thanks Pixley -- and your cushion is also magnificent!...so white!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
drool!
btw you can get the same look with 3 or 4 pavilion steps.

culooseassch.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:05:25 AM
Author: strmrdr
drool!

culooseassch.jpg
Double drool. Be still my heart!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mzzdna

Rough_Rock
lovewhitediamonds... your asscher is beautiful! may i ask where you purchased it? tia!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:06:47 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 6/2/2008 12:05:25 AM

Author: strmrdr

drool!

culooseassch.jpg
Double drool. Be still my heart!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Triple drool OMG that is magnificent
30.gif
30.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:26:55 PM
Author: mzzdna
lovewhitediamonds... your asscher is beautiful! may i ask where you purchased it? tia!
Hi mzzdna,

Welcome to PS! Thanks for the compliment!! I actually have (2) places to recommend to you.

We purchased the asscher from Union Diamond in Atlanta, and worked with Leah.
She was wonderful, and the entire experience was amazing.

However, after being on PS awhile, I have developed a great rapport with Lesley at Whiteflash. WF has an incredible upgrade policy... so at least you have the ability to upgrade if down the road you want a bigger stone.
I am also very impressed with their customer service.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results