shape
carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, IG, you may be biased, but Avery Nicole is absolutely gorgeous, nonetheless! She is also showing a decided sense of fashion, too! I love the chapeau! I think it may be the French influence. (When one is named "Nicole", after all, what do you expect, n'est-ce pas?)

Bonne chance avec ta nouvelle fille, mon amie!

Je t'embrasse fort,
Deb
:saint:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
She is gorgeous, IG. Your story gives me faith in the world, and shows that good things happen to good people even if the road to get there is bumpy at times.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - Oh dear, you have me tearing up too sweetie. I can't tell you how very happy I am for you and your DH! Avery Nicole is absolutely precious and I can't wait for you to finally experience all the joy mommyhood can bring. Squee for your little girl :bigsmile: We look forward to seeing you on the NB thread now :appl:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, she is perfect! And I mean PERFECT! :love: I'm so emotional after reading your update so I can only imagine the flood of emotions you must be feeling...and this little girl - blissfully unaware of all that you put into bringing her home. :love:

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

PS - I love her name!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sitting here with tears pouring down my face. I couldn't be more happy for you, your husband and your daughter Avery (beautiful name! It suits her!).

I know you feel sad for her birth mother and family but please enjoy your little girl. Its ok to feel happy! Of course I bet you will be feeling pretty exhausted and emotional for a little while to come. Get plenty of sleep (if Avery will let you) and don't question your feelings. It is what it is. Big hugs!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
OMG IG! Avery is such a blessing! I can't believe what a beautiful little girl you have there. And her name is just perfect for her! I remembered you were thinking of naming her Olivia, but Avery is absolutely perfect.

I understand why you're full of mixed emotions, but please don't feel guilty about D & S loosing Avery to you. They have given you a gift and you've also given D a gift to make the best life for herself. I see adoption as the most giving and selfless act all parties involved do for the BABY. Birth parents are giving the baby the best life by choosing parents that will love and care for him/her and giving adopting couples a family. Adoptive parents are giving the baby a family and home full of love and giving the birth parents an opportunity for a better life.

Take care of yourself and would love to hear more from you in the NB thread.

~LC

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
IG, thank you so very much for sharing little Avery's birthstory and her picture. She's BEAUTIFUL!! :bigsmile:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Ache, she is so beautiful, and so is your story. And I'm so glad you used your favorite name for your daughter. Continued prayers for all involved.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Avery is absolutely GORGEOUS-it's not just you being a biased mama! What a precious little face! You sound like the absolute perfect mother for Avery to have, and you being full of empathy for the biological family just cements that. I think they were lucky to find you, and you them! Tons of dust that everything continues to go well!

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
IG, words cannot express how happy i am for you. this is truly a beautiful story and goes to show that good things come to those who wait, especially deserving ones who have so much love to give. it was such an emotional rollercoaster along the way, but you are now blessed with the most perfect little girl and likewise i think she is blessed to have found a mom like you. i stayed up til 3.30am last night reading the whole thread and seeing the picture of beautiful Avery really got the tear ducts going this morning.

i wish nothing but the best for both of you - that the special bond and love between mother and daughter will always grow and never waiver, and that every moment of your journey will be treasured and special. that those positive characteristics we have seen in you such as grace, compassion and selflessness will be planted into her life and taken onboard as she one day matures in to a young lady. likewise i pray that Mr IG will love his little princess and be a strong example of what a real man is, teaching her how to love through example of his relationship with you and with her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

But for PS we are not acquainted--but I feel as though I know you and am sharing your joy as if you were my best friend. Please accept my wishes for health and happiness! This is the best NY's story!

And I love her name--it matches her beautiful face! :love:

cheers--Sharon

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations IG!! Thanks so much for the update and the photo of beautiful Miss Avery...she is precious! I wish you all the best as you settle into being a family of three now!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
IG- like many others, I have silently followed your story and am just beyond elated for you, your DH, and baby Avery. You are an amazing person who has been through so much, and all of your waiting, hope, patience, and dedication to finding your baby has finally come to fruition. Your story has truly touched me, and I wish your new little family the absolute best. Congratulations, mama! :appl:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous baby!!!!!!!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you!!!!! I know there is sadness in your heart for D and S, but I'm really proud of D for making such a grown-up decision. She couldn't have picked better parents.

OK, I'm really crying now. You really deserve this after this past year and she's just so, so precious, but I get why you are sad for D and S too. But I really think that they're so grateful to have found you and that really gives them peace. And in their sadness, they get to know that they are giving you a gift, and they get to feel happy for you in the midst of it. Ack, just so many emotions! Just hug and kiss that sweet angel for us and let it all sink in, mama!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just showed your daughter to my daughter IG. We both agree she is the most precious, adorable and beautiful baby!!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
IG, Avery is such a beautiful baby! She looks so peaceful :saint: Thank you so much for sharing her picture & your story! Congratulations again to you and your DH, and I look forward to more wonderful updates!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooooo happy for you!!! Avery Nicole is soooo precious and adorable. My SIL adopted much the way you did, so know the ups and downs.

Enjoy this precious baby girl!!!! I am thrilled for you!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Avery is beautiful, IG! I love her name (it's one of my all-time favorites). Thank you for posting her birth story and for sharing the emotional journey you've been on. I hope you'll choose to post in the newborn thread (you know, in all your free time!) because there are many PSers who would like to follow Avery as she grows. :)) She's adorable!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1325801744|3095980 said:
I hope you'll choose to post in the newborn thread (you know, in all your free time!) because there are many PSers who would like to follow Avery as she grows. :)) She's adorable!

Zoe-

Maybe we can share IG with the newborn thread if Avery lets her get enough sleep to keep up with her posting in this thread and take that on as well, but don't think we're going to let her off the hook here just because she's adopted her baby! She started this entire thread, you know! She has a responsibility to it!!! (Since she's a mom now, she has to practice making people feel guilty! I'll teach her a few tricks.)

Deb
:saint:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1325788750|3095833 said:
Avery is absolutely GORGEOUS-it's not just you being a biased mama! What a precious little face! You sound like the absolute perfect mother for Avery to have, and you being full of empathy for the biological family just cements that. I think they were lucky to find you, and you them! Tons of dust that everything continues to go well!

This. Every single word of this. You are an amazing woman and will raise Avery to be one as well. She is beautiful, and I am so so so so so thrilled for your family.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That's amazing, IG! Wishing you the best with Avery! She's gorgeous!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
IG, she's beautiful. Congratulations mommy! I'm so happy for you and your family!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb - good thinking. ;))

IG - no pressure! :bigsmile:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
IG, what a wonderful, wonderful ending to this long journey of yours (and really, it is just the beginning!) Avery is stunning. Enjoy your baby girl, mama! I wish you, your DH, D, S and little Avery peace and happiness.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first thing I checked on PS when I got home today! I am so happy and relieved for you! You have your baby, the one that was meant to be in your family :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: IG-I am so happy for you!!!! Avery is precious!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
IG: I've been following your story quietly and I'm just so happy for you! Avery is beautiful and you'll be a wonderful mother to her!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
IG, sorry I couldn't post earlier, but I have been a silent lurker in this thread and I shed some tears of happiness for you when you posted that D had signed the papers and you could take Avery home with you. I'm hoping the rest of this month goes quickly and smoothly, and that your new daughter brings you all the joy in the world!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Another silent follower here, I have been reading this thread and have followed the ups and downs of your long journey and I am sincerely so happy that you and your DH have finally been given the happy ending that you both so truly deserve. Avery is the little baby that you were both meant to have! She is so beautiful, be happy and enjoy her and I hope you let us continue to follow along as she grows up. :))

Congrats again Momma!!!! :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - Not to interrupt your mommy-time, but how is it going so far? Are you loving it :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results