shape
carat
color
clarity

Adjustable Gold Bangle Recommendations?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking for a bracelet like this but definitely higher quality and adult sized. I prefer solid gold but gold filled might work as well. Any suggestions?

Vietnam-Sand-Gold-Bangle-for-Child-simple-No-Fade-Gold-Bracelets-Adjustable-designs-Baby-Gift....jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chow Tai Fook has some, though not plain ones:

Your other option would be Chinatown, if you’re near a large one with jewelry stores.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know offhand, although I could look. I love gold bangles.

I know that Sharon (canuk-gal) had some, so she might know.. I do not know if she kept them when she went through her jewelry and trimmed down her collection.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if you’ll find adjustable bangles, but most Desi jewelry stores in your area will carry gold bangles, usually high Karat ones. The type you slip on and off your wrist are more common however that the hinged/clasp variety.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if you’ll find adjustable bangles, but most Desi jewelry stores in your area will carry gold bangles, usually high Karat ones. The type you slip on and off your wrist are more common however that the hinged/clasp variety.

I had never heard of Desi jewelry before, so I looked it up on-line. Is it all plated? None of it solid gold?

I had never heard of Desi jewelry before, so I looked it up on-line. Is it all plated? None of it solid gold?

It’s usually always solid gold. You can get plated stuff too but that’s usually cheaper/costume stuff.

Desi is the word used to describe the Indian subcontinent. So I meant an indian/pakistani jewelry store in your area. Traditionally these bangles are solid gold (22kt is the most common but people own 24kt as well). I’ve never bought indian jewelry online and I wouldn’t know where to do so tbh.

There’s a high Karat gold thread somewhere on PS btw that might be useful for you!

Yep I was thinking of “bangles” as the ones that are thin and slip on, and a different word for thick and usually openable - they’re different words in Hindi. So if you look for “kada’s” you’ll find the types that are more likely to open (though not necessarily). “Churi’s” or “chuda” or “kangan” are the ones that are thin and easy to slip on so they’re bought sized for the wrist.

Btw I have no idea if that website is legitimate or not, but that bracelet is approx 18g of gold, so that would be solid gold.1500usd would be a ludicrous price in a Desi jewelry store for a plated bracelet!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep I was thinking of “bangles” as the ones that are thin and slip on, and a different word for thick and usually openable - they’re different words in Hindi. So if you look for “kada’s” you’ll find the types that are more likely to open (though not necessarily). “Churi’s” or “chuda” or “kangan” are the ones that are thin and easy to slip on so they’re bought sized for the wrist.

Btw I have no idea if that website is legitimate or not, but that bracelet is approx 18g of gold, so that would be solid gold.1500usd would be a ludicrous price in a Desi jewelry store for a plated bracelet!

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain, I am so glad you are posting here. You are teaching me things I did not know and I am a long time lover of high karat gold. I am an active poster in The Gold Thread, which I started. Please join us there. Maybe you could post about this topic in that thread. I would love to have this information enshrined there because I believe that that thread will probably be around for longer than this one and that if the information is there as well as here that people will be able to go there to educate themselves in the future if they want to learn more about gold :))

By the way, I have gold bangles, but they are slip on. I had them made for me when the Gurhan one I bought was made poorly. (It was bizarrely huge. It was also not solid gold. It was filled with something heavy.)

AGBF's Seven 24K Bangles

Here is a link to The Gold Thread (which is actually called, "Do You Have A Favorite Gold Designer?").

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain, I am so glad you are posting here. You are teaching me things I did not know and I am a long time lover of high karat gold. I am an active poster in The Gold Thread, which I started. Please join us there. Maybe you could post about this topic in that thread. I would love to have this information enshrined there because I believe that that thread will probably be around for longer than this one and that if the information is there as well as here that people will be able to go there to educate themselves in the future if they want to learn more about gold :))

By the way, I have gold bangles, but they are slip on. I had them made for me when the Gurhan one I bought was made poorly. (It was bizarrely huge. It was also not solid gold. It was filled with something heavy.)

AGBFsSeven24KGoldBangles.jpg
AGBF's Seven 24K Bangles

Here is a link to The Gold Thread (which is actually called, "Do You Have A Favorite Gold Designer?").

Oh wow I didn’t realise you’re the one who made that thread! Sure happy to share info there if you let me know what all you’d like me to address :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow I didn’t realise you’re the one who made that thread! Sure happy to share info there if you let me know what all you’d like me to address :)

Anything about gold is welcome in the gold thread. And it does not have to be high karat gold, either. I, personally, think that you seem to have expertise about Indian gold and jewelry which many of us do not. There are some Indian and Turkish and South Asian posters as well as others with backgrounds in cultures that make a lot of jewelry with high karat gold. They often post photos of their gorgeous pieces, but I do not believe anyone ever posted a tutorial on Indian bracelets there. I would it it if you did that.

But, please, do not only do that!

Tell us about yourself there. Is your own background at all South Asian (not that you must feel obligated to share personal information)? We have even had photos of henna painting which, as you may or may not know, some cultures do for special events such as weddings. One of our members in England posted her gold jewelry and her henna painting which led to more photos of henna painting.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm going to check out the gold thread now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results