shape
carat
color
clarity

Adding to my "Add a Diamond" Bracelet-Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Some of you may remember my previous jewelry purchase of an "Add a Bezel" diamond bracelet from Brian Gavin Diamonds. link to more pics The first diamond in the bracelet is a Round .325 J VS2 AGS0 ideal cut Brian Gavin Signature Diamond.

I''m in the process of getting my belated Christmas present. I was thinking about adding a fancy shaped diamond to my bracelet and contacted Lesley and BGD to find out if they have any small stones-preferably within the same size range of my first stone.

They have a small cushion that fits in my budget! It''s a .36 ct. H/VS

First...here is the original bracelet...

JellyBracelet11A.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the possible cushion: .36 H VS

036_BGD_CushionCropped.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another shot...

036_BGD_Cushion2cropped.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the full picture that they sent me. It is next to a .32 round for size comparison. This is the size of my first diamond on the bracelet.

036_BGD_CushionJelly.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the other full picture. Lesley noted that these photos were taken for size comparison, and so that I can see the shape- not necessarily glamour/beauty shots of the stone.

036_BGD_Cushion2Jelly.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic project! I love your cushion, it''s a beautiful stone.
How many will you add? I like that you can wear it and enjoy it while it''s a work in progress (and of course, I want one).

Jen

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrs. Mitchell...it''s not my cushion yet...just getting started on this project. I''m hoping it all works out though! I''d like to add more stones down the line. Perhaps other fancy shapes, colored stones, or more Rounds! I''m sure I''m years and years off from completing the bracelet. It''s fun to wear in the meantime! I honestly never take it off!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I like the cushion! This is going to be fun to watch you build this as well!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like this idea! I think it will be beautiful. Gives me idea of my own.
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool project! I love it :) Hope the cushion works out for you, do come back with pics if you go ahead with it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
What a cool idea!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
So when you add another diamond, you send the bracelet back to BGD to have them put it on, correct? Or do they send the new link and then a local jeweler adds it into the bracelet? Very pretty and a neat idea!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh what a fantastic project!!! Sentimental sparklies commemorating special occasions really are the best sort
9.gif

The cushion is going to look wonderful
5.gif
Are you going to place it opposite the round, or next to it..? Will it be bezelled too?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its a really cool idea and that stone looks SWEET! My one concern is that right now the round is the central stone on the bracelet ... this cushion appears larger for some reason .... would it be weird to have a *flanking* stone be larger than the *central* stone? And I''m also wondering if balance with the clasp will be a problem if you have just one other stone off to one side.

Do you already have a bezel pendant? The cushion could make a great pendant as well!?!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That is so neat! Does the diamond stay on the top of your wrist most of the time? I love that idea! I love the cushion idea, too.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH! That stone will be very pretty with your round stone. Love it!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
I lovvvve the idea of adding diamonds! That cushion from BGD is Gorgeous!!! It would look so pretty! Can''t wait to see the final result! :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely idea - that cushion looks like a beauty!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 5:21:33 PM
Author: ts44
So when you add another diamond, you send the bracelet back to BGD to have them put it on, correct? Or do they send the new link and then a local jeweler adds it into the bracelet? Very pretty and a neat idea!
It''s not a done deal, but I will probably send it back to BGD when it is time. Lesley is looking into finding a stuller diecast setting for the cushion, otherwise, the bezel will need to be handmade. I suggested going to a local jeweler instead, but it may just be easier and just as cheap to have them do all the labor.

Yssie, I am going to put it opposite the round, and yes, with a bezel.

Hi Deco, thanks! Yes, I have a halo pendant (my avatar) and I''d prefer to add to my bracelet, just because I like to see my diamonds in front of me. It would make more sense and be symmetrical if I added 2 stones (to make 3) but that doesn''t fit in the budget right now. Maybe that can be an anniversary present.
31.gif

EHR, the diamond mostly weighs down and ends up on the bottom of my wrist. I don''t mind too much, I just flip it over.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! I think this is a great idea for a bracelet and the cushion will make a great addition. Will you be able to change the spacing on the bracelet so that you can keep the same amount of chain on both sides of the stones (meaning same length from cushion to clasp as RB to clasp)?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
what a cool idea.
this reminds me of an ad for Las Vegas years ago that featured a diamond necklace with different cuts.

can''t wait to follow you adding new stones !

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Such a cool idea. Can''t wait to see it! I like to see my diamonds too
3.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Yes, I''m hoping to get the spacing evened out when I add the new bezel.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! That will look beautiful!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome idea! The new cushion looks lovely! I can''t wait to see what it will look like once the cushion is added!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea! I can''t wait to see it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the idea and think the cushion looks beautiful.

Lenamama

Shiny_Rock
I love that braclet!!! it is classic!!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! And I love the idea too
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think spacing them unevenly could add a lot of visual interest as well as setting different size stones. I would LOVE to see a MQ set EW. Think that could look lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results