shape
carat
color
clarity

Adding a larger head to this antique setting???

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to add a larger head to this setting?

This ring has a lot of sentimental value for me and I'd love to be able to wear everyday. Currently, it holds a 4mm OMC but I'd like to eventually replace it with either an 8mm OEC or 7.5mm antique cushion. I realize that is quite a jump in size but hopefully, a skilled jeweler would be able to replace the head--- what do you think, can it be done?

Btw, I would wear it on my right hand but I hate the way rings feels on that hand... :loopy:

thanks in advance!

photo4.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo1.JPG

photo5.JPG

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I had a head custom made by Quest Jewelers, after another vendor told me it was not possible to modify the head as I requested. You can find Quest's information here: http://www.questjewelers.com/,,, and you can search for "Quest" in the Pricescope search engine to read reviews on their work. Quest has a laser welder, which allows them to do very fine repair work.

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the suggestion, Pregcurious! Will have to contact them to further info :)

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think you have many options in jewelers that can replace that head, any shop that does hand fabrication, laser welder or not, should find it to be a basic job. Best regards, Lee

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results