shape
carat
color
clarity

Adding a cup to old mine cut diamond setting?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Tell me about adding a cup. Better yet show me pics of you have one. I just purchased an old mine cut o-q color (German report). I’m super excited and dreaming up the perfect custom setting I’m curious about cups. Will it bring out the color? What will the effect be on the open culet? I love open culets. Will it appear to add depth? Hard to clean? Decorative cups? Hit me with all your cup info

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring I have in my profile picture has a yellow gold cup. I received the ring already set, so I cannot say for sure that the cup enhances the color, but I suspect so. It certainly has a nice color (imo) for an IGI graded Fancy Yellow. :)

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
congratulations on your purchase. A cup can really enhance the color of your diamond. We would love to see pictures of you diamond @Mjay !!!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
The ring I have in my profile picture has a yellow gold cup. I received the ring already set, so I cannot say for sure that the cup enhances the color, but I suspect so. It certainly has a nice color (imo) for an IGI graded Fancy Yellow. :)

Thank you! Your ring is gorgeous! How is it to clean?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your purchase. A cup can really enhance the color of your diamond. We would love to see pictures of you diamond @Mjay !!!

Thank you! My diamond should be here early next week! I’ll post pics as soon as it’s in hand!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Your ring is gorgeous! How is it to clean?

Thank you!
I haven't had any problems cleaning it. I just soak it and use a soft brush. But, I should tell you that it's not my everyday ring and I do take it off if I wash dishes or do something dirtier than washing my hands. That's a .35ct stone, so the opening underneath is small, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results