shape
carat
color
clarity

Add me to the PP blue/silver baroque akoya list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thoroughly impressed with Pearl Paradise. They seem to be doing everything right. I called them and had them hand select a lovely set for me. I requested that they cut them down to 17" and they sent me the extra pearls. (can we say earrings?)
11.gif
These are 8-8.5 mm.

incandescentakoya.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
extra pearls

extra akoyas.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natural lighting...

neckpearl.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

boxakoya.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
on a fake shell...

seashellbaroqueakoya.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the irredescence...

silveryblueakoyas.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

silveryirredescentakoya.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunlight

sunlight akoya.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
MUST... GET... THOSE... PEARLS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I had been deciding between those and the lavender freshwater... FI liked the silver/blues, I wasn''t sure... and now, I think I just might.

they look lovely on you, and how sweet of them to give you the little extra
12.gif
but now matching earrings sound absolutely necessary
11.gif
oh darn! lol...

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Damn, those are gorgeous. I was thinking about getting some myself..

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kasbaby and Y2kitty... YOU MUST! My friend talked me into getting these. Here is a pic of her pearls to enable you both to get them!!!
30.gif
I hope to add a pearl enhancer to them someday!!

blueakoya1.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok... I have another pic that I took that might convince you....
11.gif

beautiful pp akoyas.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
OMG That is it!!! I''ve had it with you PS enablers!!! lol!
27.gif
**slinks off to oogle some more eye candy** those pearls are delicious... but I think I''ll have to wait to purchase... I''ve got two projects going on already
11.gif

haha, what''s funny is that when I asked FI his opinion/preference between the two color options, he told me "I think the blue ones, you like blue, and on top of that, silvery blue is one of our wedding colors, so you could wear them at the wedding. I think they would look nice on you"
36.gif
isn''t he a gem? not only does he pay attention when I talk about things like this, he responds in a thoughtful manner. Most guys try to convince their girls that they don''t need anything-- mine jumps at the chance to spoil me
30.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
OK! OK! I''m convinced....
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 11:08:09 PM
Author: kas baby
OMG That is it!!! I've had it with you PS enablers!!! lol!
27.gif
**slinks off to oogle some more eye candy** those pearls are delicious... but I think I'll have to wait to purchase... I've got two projects going on already
11.gif

haha, what's funny is that when I asked FI his opinion/preference between the two color options, he told me 'I think the blue ones, you like blue, and on top of that, silvery blue is one of our wedding colors, so you could wear them at the wedding. I think they would look nice on you'
36.gif
isn't he a gem? not only does he pay attention when I talk about things like this, he responds in a thoughtful manner. Most guys try to convince their girls that they don't need anything-- mine jumps at the chance to spoil me
30.gif

So I take it HE is getting these for you???
9.gif
I am so glad that your FI takes an interest in what you are interested in. He's a keeper!!

JMTOMAUI.... did you go for it????
31.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
FI probably will buy these for me... unless I beat him to it. He''s so funny. Thinks of the weirdest reasons to do it too... but I appreciate it mostly because I know that''s how he shows his affections for people. He just loves giving gifts those he cares about-- my sister''s love it when I leave for college because, as one of them puts it "you aren''t here so Jon takes us out instead" omg! they are devious!

He really is a wonderful guy... I should post our engagement story somewhere. where would that belong?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the club
9.gif

They sure look nice with your pretty blue ring!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
the more I see necklaces like these the more I really really want one!
YUM,

It''s gorgeous

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

ohhh, total yum!

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 11:08:09 PM
Author: kas baby
OMG That is it!!! I''ve had it with you PS enablers!!! lol!
27.gif
**slinks off to oogle some more eye candy** those pearls are delicious... but I think I''ll have to wait to purchase... I''ve got two projects going on already
11.gif

haha, what''s funny is that when I asked FI his opinion/preference between the two color options, he told me ''I think the blue ones, you like blue, and on top of that, silvery blue is one of our wedding colors, so you could wear them at the wedding. I think they would look nice on you''
36.gif
isn''t he a gem? not only does he pay attention when I talk about things like this, he responds in a thoughtful manner. Most guys try to convince their girls that they don''t need anything-- mine jumps at the chance to spoil me
30.gif

I do hope you get them! I was sitting on my deck last night looking at the reflection of my pearls in the window. They looked so pretty! I worried that they would look to "Wilma Flintstone" looking............. but they are far from it! Contemporary, Classic, and so feminine. I venture to say I will wear these quite often.
1.gif

Thanks so much everyone! innerkitten.... I am glad to be in such great company!
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Those are really pretty and cool looking!

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
I love the shape on your strand!

Do you have any ideas for earrings? I bought 4 loose pearls to make earrings and I''m having a hard time deciding what to do with them. I''ve been toying with the idea of dangly threaders or charms from hoops but I just cant decide.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of doing simple leverbacks. I just need to find a jeweler who is good with pearls.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
That was my first thought, but then I got some tahitian leverbacks and for some reason I''m really nuts about not having pieces that are too similar.

Since the pearls are all full drilled they''ll have to put them on head pins instead of gluing in the hooks the way they do with half drilled pearls, but it should be a pretty easy project. I was planning to just make mine myself. If I ever come up with a design that it
3.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don''t like the idea of having head pins...but I guess I have no choice. Did I understand it correctly... not only will you design your earrings but you will be doing them yourself?? Maybe I should send my extra pearls to you!
2.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
WOW!

I

am

sold.

They are absolutely gorgeous.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 7:44:19 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
I really don''t like the idea of having head pins...but I guess I have no choice. Did I understand it correctly... not only will you design your earrings but you will be doing them yourself?? Maybe I should send my extra pearls to you!
2.gif
Great luster on your pearls!

You really can''t see the headpins especially since the white gold and silver akoyas are so close in color. I had this done to a couple of round akoyas, and I don''t notice the headpins. I''m sure if you call PP, they would do this for you for the cost of the earring findings.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 11:07:08 PM
Author: brightlight

2.gif
Great luster on your pearls!

You really can''t see the headpins especially since the white gold and silver akoyas are so close in color. I had this done to a couple of round akoyas, and I don''t notice the headpins. I''m sure if you call PP, they would do this for you for the cost of the earring findings.

I was thinking that I should have done that before they sent my necklace out to me. I was just too impatient to receive my necklace!!!
3.gif

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
2.gif

I''m pretty good until the soldering iron/blow torch come out, and then I''m still about 50/50 on whether I scorch things
6.gif
I have quite a few shriveled metal mounds sitting around now.

I ended up poping one pair onto some threaders to wear to a play last night and I think I like the look. I think I want to try and think of a design that includes white pearls for the other pair so I can wear them with both necklaces.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut -

perfect length for you! how elegant looking!

i bought a set just recently for a girlfriend of mine, and i''m hoping she loves hers as much as you do. :)

very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results