shape
carat
color
clarity

Adamant Gems ltd?

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, need some help.

Have located a stone I wish to purchase via Adamant Gems - their customer service so far has been second to none.

However, when it's come to paying, my bank will not allow me to send money to sri lanka, and paypal have stopped the payment but no explanation why.

I can't find anything that discredits them and they have an acc on Loupe Troop so i'm hoping someone here has purchased via them and can help me? I'm based in the UK.

Any reviews or thoughts most welcome. The stone is around £630/ $850. and is to be set here by my jeweller.

Thanks in advance..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are a reputable company. But you'll likely need to contact PayPal or your bank directly to make sure they dont automatically stop the payment. Sometimes foreign transactions get blocked automatically

Ps. Transferwise is an option, but theres no recourse if something went wrong (think of it like paypal friends and family)

M

maru8888777

I'm buying a few stones from them as we speak and had the same issue, but the problem is not them (they're legit), but my bank. I finally sorted it out and tomorrow things should work, but just rest easy... they are wonderful!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been having trouble with PayPal and people outside the US and Canada not able to send payments. You may want to try Wise Transfer. So far that has worked for me both receiving payments and making them overseas. It's pretty quick to set up, and a lot less expensive than going through your bank.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any reviews or thoughts most welcome. The stone is around £630/ $850. and is to be set here by my jeweller.

I have made multiple four-figure orders from Ivan at Adamant. He is great -- very honest and very knowledgeable. Photos are generally very accurate. He discloses any potential issues. Great email communication.

His niche seems to be; 1) buying smaller native-cut stones and then re-cutting for beauty/performance; and 2) outstanding communication. I love that his stones run the color gamut -- he will have pretty pale sapphires and pretty sapphires of oddball colors. There is nothing unappealing in his inventory but lots that is unconventionally lovely. I bought an orange-brown chrysoberyl from him several years ago and it's in the main ring I wear (when I wear a ring, which is rare since COVID).

The sapphires in a recent thread of mine (asking for earring design help) were from him but were very inexpensive. Can't find the link without leaving this edit screen but I've only started a handful of threads so easy to find from my profile. The jeweler we took them to and who just finished this project -- and to whom we have been going for decades -- asked me for his name and contact information. I was happy to oblige.

EDIT: this is the link to that thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-simple-sapphire-earring-design.265140/

Not an Adamant thing but I do not know how one would return stones to him or anyone in Sri Lanka. I have never had to.

I think I have done wire transfer. I would trust him completely.

I have mentioned his name several times on this forum -- and a few other vendors, too. I have no professional relationship with him.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic company with the best customer service/response I’ve ever encountered. I can highly recommend them.

If I recall I paid by PayPal so it may be worth giving PayPal a call to find out what the issue is. I have to add that I’m in the UK so there may be different rules for overseas payments.

M

maru8888777

Fantastic company with the best customer service/response I’ve ever encountered. I can highly recommend them.

If I recall I paid by PayPal so it may be worth giving PayPal a call to find out what the issue is. I have to add that I’m in the UK so there may be different rules for overseas payments.

Paypal has raised their fees, so for a lot of the overseas sellers, wire transfers seem to be the only option. The problem with Transferwise is that they automatically "convert" currencies, so if Adamant sells in USD, they (or the customer) might lose money with the exchange rates.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results