shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS is OPEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stones... got a couple for myself!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Do share! Which ones are yours?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Well . . . what did you get?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Whoever got the iolite, post pics when you get it!!!!!!!!!!1

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto! I was starring at it then it was sold!

However, I managed to grab two others myself,
3.gif
3.gif

Date: 3/1/2009 12:26:02 PM
Author: karee888

mochi

Ideal_Rock
A blue topaz for my husband (for sure this time). Will be getting a ring made for his Christmas pressie. I love the blue on this stone and the cut. Blue also is his favorite. This is not a new stone, though.

xxbarry4.34ct10.2x8.9supernova.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:31:15 PM
Author: yingh
Ditto! I was starring at it then it was sold!

However, I managed to grab two others myself,
3.gif
3.gif

Date: 3/1/2009 12:26:02 PM
Author: karee888

Yingh, what did you get???

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, fess up - who took the spess?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
This baby - I was thinking of this LOGR

Tourmaline_Pink_Round.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
And this purple spinel - also had a setting in mind - can't afford it now. I can't control myself - need to request all account being blocked from online shopping.

Spinel_Purple_Round.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Who got the aqua??? It was so pretty! I want pics :)

I got the iolite, blue spinel pair and tiny EC spess- will post pics when they arrive :)

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yingh: Oh... love that setting with that stone. Very pretty!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:43:25 PM
Author: stepcutnut

I got the iolite, blue spinel pair and tiny EC spess- will post pics when they arrive :)
Duh! Silly me - of course!!

I can just see that spess in a bale - lovely!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:43:25 PM
Author: stepcutnut

yetanotherdancyguy.gif

xxbarryaqua2.88ct11x6mm.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Looks like everyone picked up some lovelies too :). Can't wait for pics!!!

Congrats mochi! I bet it's lovely!!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Mochi - you said you got a couple, but only posted one - are you holding out?

ETA: Nevermind - I see you posted the Aqua at the same time I was typing! :)

I bought the mint tourmaline. I'm not sure if it was the right decision. I'm already having second thoughts.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:58:43 PM
Author: hoofbeats95

I bought the mint tourmaline. I''m not sure if it was the right decision. I''m already having second thoughts.

Hoofbeats... I got the aqua.

The round mint tourmaline, right? If it''s a color like the one I purchased last month, it''s going to be gorgeous. What kind of second thoughts are you having, if I may ask?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:01:40 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 3/1/2009 12:58:43 PM

I bought the mint tourmaline. I'm not sure if it was the right decision. I'm already having second thoughts.

Hoofbeats... I got the aqua.

The round mint tourmaline, right? If it's a color like the one I purchased last month, it's going to be gorgeous. What kind of second thoughts are you having, if I may ask?

Mostly second thoughts about the dark spots in the photo. And maybe the color. Looks more blue in the pic even though the description says mint green. We'll see!

I'm extremely stressed and when stressed I shop. I went to some mall stores yesterday (had some jewelry I needed to get routine inspections for) and was going to buy something cause that's what I do when stressed. But PS has ruined me. So I got it out of my system today I suppose. Well . . . I could start shopping for settings. . .
2.gif

Mochi - is there a thread with pics of the one you got last month? If so point me to it so I can breathe easier!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 12:39:46 PM
Author: yingh
This baby - I was thinking of this LOGR
Yingh
Nice tourmaline!
31.gif
I think it would look great in that setting. Please post pics when you get it.

Everyone always has so much fun when these vendors put up new merchandise. I hope you all love your beautiful goodies, and I hope all of you post lots of pics.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:16:09 PM
Hoofbeats: This is the link. I should take more pictures of this stone. It''s very lovely IRL.

I know exactly what you mean my stress shopping, I do the same thing.
20.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acs-greenish-blue-tourmaline.106807/

Thanks! I LOVE that color. I''m on a mission for a certain blue/green color and I will probably break the bank trying to find it. Unless a certain PSer wants to sell me the stone that is causing this search! Ha ha.
9.gif

Anyways, I think ours will be different colors. We''ll see! I''m more worried about the potential dark spots than the color. Any thoughts on that?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HB
If you're concerned, ask Barry for another photo. I suspect that's the "dark spots" you're seeing is the camera shadow. Barry himself in the description states that it's a bright stone, and it doesn't look like a saturation that would cause natural extinction.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:20:00 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 1:16:09 PM
Hoofbeats: This is the link. I should take more pictures of this stone. It''s very lovely IRL.

I know exactly what you mean my stress shopping, I do the same thing.
20.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acs-greenish-blue-tourmaline.106807/

Thanks! I LOVE that color. I''m on a mission for a certain blue/green color and I will probably break the bank trying to find it. Unless a certain PSer wants to sell me the stone that is causing this search! Ha ha.
9.gif

Anyways, I think ours will be different colors. We''ll see! I''m more worried about the potential dark spots than the color. Any thoughts on that?

I think light colored gemstones are just hard to capture on camera. The peach tourmaline was absolutely a pain. The camera constantly casted a dark shadow, but IRL it''s very pretty. Also this particular blue/green tourmaline...what a pain to capture!

I can''t wait for you to get yours, though. Woulld love too see your pictures posted! Have you emailed Barry with your concern?? He''s really a darling and answers emails promptly.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Hoofbeat- that is why I was hesitant on the iolite and the spinel pair...darkish near the edges in the photos. Barry is great to deal with and hasn''t been upset with my previous returns-so no worries :). I am sure it will be lovely!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ahh.. I wanted that spess
3.gif
Moments too late! Too indecisive on anything else at the moment... so I''m just saving my money for now.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, if you return the iolite, tell me! :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man those sure go fast, almost all of the ones I liked where sold already!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG the blue/green Nigerian Tourmaline made my heart skip a beat ............ until I clicked on it and it''d been sold.
7.gif

I hope somebody got it from here - please post a picture if you have!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
How funny! I do the same thing but try to limit it to window shopping for most cases.
9.gif
Or I do cleaning... which I guess is a much 'healthier' stress reliever...

[/quote]

I'm extremely stressed and when stressed I shop. [/quote]

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
So mochi and TL, you think that LOGR ring will work for the pink tourmaline? I like the ring since it reminds me of a lotus, had a pink stone in mind all the time (though I am not a pink woman at all!) I need to hold off buying that ring until the tourm arrives.
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results