shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS is open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Ok... What did you all buy???

What do you want???

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Dang it. I didn''t buy anything. Not enough square shapes for me.
7.gif
I was hitting refresh for ten minutes hoping to pounce on something.
8.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I like this spinel. What do you think?

SP-1081 Spinel(J) .95ct., 5.8mm round brilliant[Gec]. This Tunduru spinel is a medium/light pinkish lavender and exhibits dispersion. Flawless at 10x. BB

Price: $110.00

sp-1081g_1471_general.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s pretty... I love purple..

mochi

Ideal_Rock
chrysoberyl
36.gif
36.gif

chryso1.15ct6.2mm.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
31.gif

xxtourm.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 12:35:22 PM
Author: mochi
chrysoberyl
36.gif
36.gif
that baby is sold. Are you the one? And - did you get that yummy tourmaline?

so is the lovely pinkish umbalite garnet

the montana sapphire

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Taking everything under $129 into account, what would you pick? Minus the gems already sold...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline_Lover already snatched up my first choice (2.54 Oval Malaya Garnet)
11.gif

This is my second choice.

It''s the 3.73 Tanga Garnet with pink/reddish tones. The color is gorgeous!
30.gif

tanga garnet.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I like that pinkish/lavender spinel. He really didn''t put many square/EC items this month.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
PR..that''s very pretty!!
30.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 12:35:22 PM
chrysoberyl
36.gif
36.gif

I take it Mellow Yellow is ready to settle down?
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Mochi, I''m torn between the Orangy Pink Tourmaline that TL posted on her Malaya thread and the Tanga Garnet. They are both gorgeous!
39.gif

But the Tanga is bigger and cheaper...
27.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
PR... you''re so funny!! Mellow yellow will be going to WF in a couple of weeks to be settled into a ring.
31.gif
31.gif
It''s going be a bezel setting with miligrain around it in rose gold.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Both of those gem stones are pretty in it''s own way. I''m glad I''m not in your shoes, wouldn''t know which one to choose!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 12:58:23 PM
PR... you''re so funny!! Mellow yellow will be going to WF in a couple of weeks to be settled into a ring.
31.gif
31.gif
It''s going be a bezel setting with miligrain around it in rose gold.

Oh no you didn''t! You cannot wave around words like "rose gold", "bezel" and "milgrain" for a chrysoberyl without causing adverse reaction.
18.gif

The groupies are going to be in a frenzy!
11.gif
31.gif
3.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did get the chrysoberyl and the tourmaline. I think the chrysoberyl will be a pendant (rose gold/miligrain) to match the ring.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My pretty
9.gif

ga-6068g_366_general.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:41:45 PM
Author: Babyblue033
My pretty
9.gif
That is my favorite of all of the choices this month! Congrats!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! I it was between that and the tourmaline and when I went back to it, it was SOLD! You were really fast in snatching that one...
37.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 1:41:45 PM
Author: Babyblue033
My pretty
9.gif
I wanted to buy that, but Barry wouldn''t sell that to me before the listing went out, and I knew I would lose out on it. I can''t get a cushion umbalite for the life of me. I keep trying to buy one from Gene, but they all sell out before I can get one. I''m glad it went to a PS''er, I hope you take lots of pics.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I bought the sapphire. I thought it would go well with the pink spinal I bought last month. I am waiting to see it in person because the color discription confuses me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 12:43:28 PM
Author: platinumrock
11.gif

30.gif
No fair PR,
That stone was sitting on Barry''s website forever. I''m in shock no one snagged it except for me!!
emsmilep.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 2:24:01 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I bought the sapphire. I thought it would go well with the pink spinal I bought last month. I am waiting to see it in person because the color discription confuses me.

I was looking at that sapphire, also. I''ve been wanting a Montana sapphire for awhile for my hubby. Hope you like it. It does look very pretty.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 2:25:51 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 2/1/2009 12:43:28 PM
Author: platinumrock
11.gif

30.gif
No fair PR,
That stone was sitting on Barry''s website forever. I''m in shock no one snagged it except for me!!
emsmilep.gif
The only reason I didn''t snag it is because I didn''t know about the ACS website until now. And if I wasn''t on gemstone probation, I''d be fighting you for it!
11.gif

Congrats, and I''m glad it belongs to you.
3.gif

PS: Can someone put me out of my double misery and snag the 3.73 Tanga?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both Gene and Barry have some available Malayas on their garnet pages last I checked. I'm such an enbabler.
31.gif
11.gif

I love that big oval Tanga, but I wish it were a cushion. I need a cushion for my empty LOGR.
emcry.gif
The color on it is very beautiful.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, TL... I''m in the same boat as you! What are your plans for that LOGR? Are you thinking of a garnet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:22:32 PM
Oh, TL... I'm in the same boat as you! What are your plans for that LOGR? Are you thinking of a garnet?
I want a vibrant stone in a cushion, but I have to tell you, this is the fourth or fifth time I tried to buy one that I liked, and it was already sold. Poor poor me (we need the violins). It's funny how shallow I sound, I NEED that stone, like it's a matter of life and death. Well, I don't blame all you PS'ers for grabbing them up. Gene had a gorgeous stone on his website last week, I put it in my cart and he told me I missed it by 8 minutes. Ugh!! Oh well, such is life. I'm just sad whoever bought it didn't post pics.

I did get a beautiful round four carat rhodolite in an antique style (small table) with chunky facets on ebay for $20 from a USA facetor, so what do I have to complain about, right? But it's not a cushion. . . . wahhhh!!
emcry.gif
I also recently got that 2.5 carat neon Afghan tourmaline on ebay as well. The PS'ers didn't beat me there . . . yet!!
11.gif

However, I do love Gene & Barry's cutting and they do obtain some of the best rough. I have been very pleased with everything from them, and I hope to get more if someone doesn't beat me to it first!
27.gif
Ha!!

Mochi, Gene told me that your yellow assher chrysoberyl sold three times, so you were VERY fortunate to get that beauty. I asked him about it, as soon as I saw it, I knew it had sold.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
What about this?
11.gif
31.gif

It''s a 2.86 Tanga in a square cushion. It''s still available!

tanga2.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:33:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 2/1/2009 3:22:32 PM
Oh, TL... I''m in the same boat as you! What are your plans for that LOGR? Are you thinking of a garnet?
I want a vibrant stone in a cushion, but I have to tell you, this is the fourth or fifth time I tried to buy one that I liked, and it was already sold. Poor poor me (we need the violins). It''s funny how shallow I sound, I NEED that stone, like it''s a matter of life and death. Well, I don''t blame all you PS''ers for grabbing them up. Gene had a gorgeous stone on his website last week, I put it in my cart and he told me I missed it by 8 minutes. Ugh!! Oh well, such is life. I''m just sad whoever bought it didn''t post pics.

I did get a beautiful round four carat rhodolite in an antique style (small table) with chunky facets on ebay for $20 from a USA facetor, so what do I have to complain about, right? But it''s not a cushion. . . . wahhhh!!
emcry.gif
I also recently got that 2.5 carat neon Afghan tourmaline on ebay as well. The PS''ers didn''t beat me there . . . yet!!
11.gif

However, I do love Gene & Barry''s cutting and they do obtain some of the best rough. I have been very pleased with everything from them, and I hope to get more if someone doesn''t beat me to it first!
27.gif
Ha!!

Mochi, Gene told me that your yellow assher chrysoberyl sold three times, so you were VERY fortunate to get that beauty. I asked him about it, as soon as I saw it, I knew it had sold.
Funny you mention this. I wrote to Gene yesterday to get the stats on the Chrysoberyl because it''s not on the his web site. He wrote back and stated he had to take it down because he was getting inquires on it everyday. I think that''s so funny.

Do you thing this cushion will work on the LOGR setting? It''s a cushion 7.6 tanga.

xxtangagarnet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results