shape
carat
color
clarity

Accidental Opening of Fancy Champagne & Faux Pas Celebrations!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I edited my reply so I didn't offend anyone, but yes... the T&Co original setting has something special and IMO unique! I understand!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best wishes for this wonderful step forward in life - this is wonderful news!

And good girl, re the Dom. :mrgreen:

<3

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T this thread makes me thirsty for the good stuff :lol:

When the world is let out to play again, one of my first stops is to my bestie in Wellington. We phone every month, but haven't been together for 10 years & Covid has made us realise how short life is.

So whilst I'm there, it would be rude not to drag you down to the City & take you out for some good stuff. Do we have a date?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When the world is let out to play again, one of my first stops is to my bestie in Wellington. We phone every month, but haven't been together for 10 years & Covid has made us realise how short life is.

So whilst I'm there, it would be rude not to drag you down to the City & take you out for some good stuff. Do we have a date?

Yes :appl: :appl: :appl:
i would love that Alex:appl::appl::appl:
i need to make happy Wellington menories !
We can go to Partridge and try on all the stuff without price labels :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I agree. And thank you - I know branded pieces aren't always popular, but that setting has always made my heart flutter :kiss2:

+ a billion

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How did this week go @Alex T ????????????

cheers--Sharon

Really well, thank you! And thank you for thinking of us!

All the legals have been agreed & a 5 hour (virtual) meeting happened with the lawyers as they went through 200 pages of documents with a fine tooth comb. Mr T threw a couple of queries out that require more clarity, so there's a slight delay & another meeting on Tues to discuss those points. But it's all going ahead & should be signed off soon :clap:

And then I can book viewings on the 2 houses we want to see. I refuse to book in advance as I don't want to temp fate. One of them is a barn conversion in the next village that I run past & has always turned my head, and when I went out that way on Thurs they were putting the board up at the end of the track. I couldn't run home quick enough & rang them immediately for details! It's not actually going live until next Thurs, but the agent sent me all the rough pictures he'd taken that morning & the proposed asking price, which is within budget. It feels like fate, though Mr T thinks the bedrooms are too small & is more keen on the old mansion house across the otherside of the fields.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All the legals have been agreed & a 5 hour (virtual) meeting happened with the lawyers as they went through 200 pages of documents with a fine tooth comb. Mr T threw a couple of queries out that require more clarity, so there's a slight delay & another meeting on Tues to discuss those points. But it's all going ahead & should be signed off soon :clap:

And then I can book viewings on the 2 houses we want to see. I refuse to book in advance as I don't want to temp fate. One of them is a barn conversion in the next village that I run past & has always turned my head, and when I went out that way on Thurs they were putting the board up at the end of the track. I couldn't run home quick enough & rang them immediately for details! It's not actually going live until next Thurs, but the agent sent me all the rough pictures he'd taken that morning & the proposed asking price, which is within budget. It feels like fate, though Mr T things the bedrooms are too small & is more keen on the old mansion house across the otherside of the fields.

So happy for all of you @Alex T and I am right there with you re not wanting to tempt fate so I would be doing the same thing and waiting on booking the viewings. Good luck and sending you so many good wishes and big hugs! XOXO.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting @Alex T, it's good to hear good news and to be able to share in the excitement with you. I haven't shopped for a new house in a long time but every now and then like to have an online nosey.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting @Alex T, it's good to hear good news and to be able to share in the excitement with you. I haven't shopped for a new house in a long time but every now and then like to have an online nosey.

I am ALWAYS on Rightmove :lol: Have had my eye on everything, everywhere, for years! It's all just been daydreaming though, but as a result I feel I have a good handle on the areas around us, what's been sold & for how much etc. We have lived here since we met, so 15 years this Autumn, and it feels a bit frightening to actually be looking to move. This is a lovely house & has always been a very comforting home. It's the only home the girls have ever known, so as excited they are at the prospect of being able to have somewhere bigger & better, they are also nervous to leave here. We have assured them we are moving as a team, so we all have to have the good vibes & excitement for the same house before we make any decisions. For them, any new house will have to be knock your socks off, so that's what we are aiming to do.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for all of you @Alex T and I am right there with you re not wanting to tempt fate so I would be doing the same thing and waiting on booking the viewings. Good luck and sending you so many good wishes and big hugs! XOXO.

Thank you, lovely lady!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh it is all so very exciting...and it isn't even me!:wavey::wavey:

Moving is very stressful but worth it in the end. Always nice to have a bigger space to grow into. More room for a bigger jewellery box!

cheers--Sharon

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Alex, that's such fantastic news! Huge congratulations to you and Mr T--I think the wisest move is to preprogram Tiffany into the satnav for reopening. Actually, aren't they essential retail?

Good luck on the house hunt - what fun. My only advice is whatever you do, if it's listed, walk quickly in the other direction! Signed, Someone Currently Tearing Their Hair Out Over Various English Heritage Demands

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Alex, that's such fantastic news! Huge congratulations to you and Mr T--I think the wisest move is to preprogram Tiffany into the satnav for reopening. Actually, aren't they essential retail?

Good luck on the house hunt - what fun. My only advice is whatever you do, if it's listed, walk quickly in the other direction! Signed, Someone Currently Tearing Their Hair Out Over Various English Heritage Demands

Sound advice on both points:
Programme Tiffany into satnav. Check!
walk away from listed buildings. Check!

And thank you also! It's such an exciting time! Doesn't sound like you're having much fun with English Heritage though. Are they being unreasonable? Sounds messy & I hope you can get them to simmer down about whatever they're unhappy with.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

And then I can book viewings on the 2 houses we want to see. I refuse to book in advance as I don't want to temp fate. One of them is a barn conversion in the next village that I run past & has always turned my head, and when I went out that way on Thurs they were putting the board up at the end of the track. I couldn't run home quick enough & rang them immediately for details! It's not actually going live until next Thurs, but the agent sent me all the rough pictures he'd taken that morning & the proposed asking price, which is within budget. It feels like fate, though Mr T thinks the bedrooms are too small & is more keen on the old mansion house across the otherside of the fields.

After 5 hours of a virtual legal meeting id be needing something stronger than a bottle of Champaign

Good luck, best wishes and congratulations to you both and have fun picking your new rooms kids (i watch Kirsty and Phil)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How's thing @Alex T ? :wavey::wavey:Tell all that is fit to print!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How's thing @Alex T ? :wavey::wavey:Tell all that is fit to print!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon! :wavey:

Well...... The Dom has been drunk & we have been viewing houses!

The Manor House across the fields is beautiful & has been gutted inside, so has underfloor heating throughout, an amazing modern kitchen (with huge wine fridge for mama), a cinema room in what was the atttic, 5 large bedrooms all en-suite, a truly fabulous property. But it's a Tudor house with timber frame, which the owners say costs a lot of money to regularly treat & repaint to keep it healthy. As good as it looks, I'm not sure i can be arsed with the expense of the exterior upkeep.

We almost put an offer in yesterday on a barn conversion across the other side of the village, but although it was STUNNING (even had a proving draw in the kitchen for my baking o_O ) & had 4 big en-suite bedrooms, it just didn't feel quite right? I can't really explain it, other than to say when we bought this place, we literally made an offer there & then through fear of losing it to someone else, but we didn't get that same urgency with this one. They held covid secure viewings on Saturday & by Monday morning there had been 4 offers over the asking price. It really was beautiful, but we just weren't quite there.

We also have a fantastic builder living in our village, so have met with him to discuss buying a parcel of land & building our dream home from scratch. This will be difficult as it's very rural & the land is protected greenbelt, meaning it's unable to be developed, but if there's an existing barn or outbuilding no longer in use that the landowner is prepared to sell, you can easily apply for a change of use & convert it to a home or knock it down & rebuild on the plot. He's had word that a large derelict barn in the next village with a sizable section will be going on the market within the next few months & he will let us know before it goes public.

So whilst we have the luxury of time (not being in a hurry to move) & the money to be a cash buyer (can't get a mortgage on a plot of land, hence building your own home isn't common) we are thinking this might be the way forward. We will get so much more for our money doing it this way & know it will be our bespoke forever home.

But we will keep looking at properties & booking viewings, as you never know & our dream house might leap out at us, plus it gives us a feel of what we can achieve for our budget.

And thank you for thinking of me, sweetheart! It's all ticking along nicely & we are very excited for what's to come!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay, so happy for you Alex! I was waiting to congratulate you until everything was signed, sealed, and delivered, and now that it is.....YAY!!!!! (I'm a little superstitious.)

I do love looking at houses. Send us links to the ones you've rejected! (Because you won't be living there, so no security issue.)

Or, you could just post photos and no links.

AND, the all-important question....are you getting some new jewelry to celebrate? Please say yes!!!!!

It's lovely to read about such good news among all the bad. I know some quite negative people, and it's nice to know that at least one person is very happy!

You know, I've had Taittinger and Veuve C., but not Dom. Which tastes the nicest out of those three, do you think?

Maybe I'll go out and get a half bottle of one of the above to celebrate your good fortune! (Any excuse!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for sharing!! Any chance you would use your present location to build your dream house? Would there be somewhere to move into (rent) while you build?

I've said it once, but I'll say it again, this is all so thrilling! Yay!:wavey::appl:

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay, so happy for you Alex! I was waiting to congratulate you until everything was signed, sealed, and delivered, and now that it is.....YAY!!!!! (I'm a little superstitious.)

I do love looking at houses. Send us links to the ones you've rejected! (Because you won't be living there, so no security issue.)

Or, you could just post photos and no links.

AND, the all-important question....are you getting some new jewelry to celebrate? Please say yes!!!!!

It's lovely to read about such good news among all the bad. I know some quite negative people, and it's nice to know that at least one person is very happy!

You know, I've had Taittinger and Veuve C., but not Dom. Which tastes the nicest out of those three, do you think?

Maybe I'll go out and get a half bottle of one of the above to celebrate your good fortune! (Any excuse!)

Thanks, lovely!

Personally I like Veuve C the best :lickout: I find the others a little tart.

And I don't think I will be getting any new jewellery to celebrate, unless Mr T decides to surprise me. I have made it VERY clear over these last few weeks that I want my dream Tiffany & have sent him links & info on cut, table % & generally what to look for. If he surprises me, he has no excuse not to get it right :lol:

As a general celebration, we have decided to take the girls to The Maldives next year when the world has settled down. It's always been on my travel bucket list but it's expensive. We had a snoop online at weekend, and we know to get a beautiful cottage on stilts over the water with a glass floor, all inclusive, for the 4 of us for a week, we will be looking to pay around £20k. It would definitely be a celebration!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for sharing!! Any chance you would use your present location to build your dream house? Would there be somewhere to move into (rent) while you build?

I've said it once, but I'll say it again, this is all so thrilling! Yay!:wavey::appl:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you!

It really does feel good to have positive, exciting things to look forward too. As @Jambalaya says, there is a lot of sadness, suffering & upheaval in the world right now, so a drop of sunlight feels really good & we very much appreciate how lucky we are.

It feels like the years of hard slog, him working with work stuff & me plate spinning everything else, including but not restricted to emergency plumbers when we had a burst pipe & flood whilst he was in LA once, has all been worth while.

He'll still be working hard, but he will also be recruiting another 'him' to share his load. And that equals a far less stressed Mr T, which in all honesty is priceless.

Also, we would be unable to rebuild on our existing property, as it's just not as big as we want it to be!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

We need to have a champagne ranking here LOL.

Oh and the Maldives sounds dreamy. Travelling well is never inexpensive!!

cheers--Sharon

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a general celebration, we have decided to take the girls to The Maldives next year when the world has settled down. It's always been on my travel bucket list but it's expensive. We had a snoop online at weekend, and we know to get a beautiful cottage on stilts over the water with a glass floor, all inclusive, for the 4 of us for a week, we will be looking to pay around £20k. It would definitely be a celebration!

Wow!!

But what do you want more....the vacation or the ring?? If you had to choose. Fun game! I think I'd pick the ring, because you can enjoy it forever.

ETA: But if you do go on that vacation, WE ARE GONNA NEED PHOTOS OF THAT, YES INDEEDY! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results