shape
carat
color
clarity

Accent Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

banzai

Rough_Rock
If you are having a custom setting, is it better to get/purchase your own accent stones or just have the designer do it for you?

Would it be cheaper to get the stones yourself?

Does the clarity and cut make a real big difference in round brilliant stones with a size of let''s say .35 carats?

My center stone is a 1.5 G, VS2 round brilliant.

Thanks everyone!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/1/2003 12:45:39 PM banzai wrote:
If you are having a custom setting, is it better to get/purchase your own accent stones or just have the designer do it for you?
If you want to pick out your own accent stones it's all about what your preference is. If your big on CUT which you should be being its the main ingredient for a beautiful diamond you might want to pick the accent stones yourself.
Would it be cheaper to get the stones yourself?
There are many reputable vendors that can accomodate you that offer competive pricing. Figure out what you want to spend and you can do a price comparison through pricescope on stones that fit your criteria, Cut, color, clarity...etc....
Does the clarity and cut make a real big difference in round brilliant stones with a size of let's say .35 carats?
CUT CUT CUT my man..Thats what makes the difference.

My center stone is a 1.5 G, VS2 round brilliant.
If you know the specs on your diamond which is found in measurements given by the sarin data post them and you can figure out what cut class your diamond is in according to AGS cut charts. If your a newbie and your stone is not an ideal cut diamond you might want to go with accent stones that don't neccessarily fit in the ideal range.Give more info on your stone? Is it a Hearts & Arrows diamond and list the cert. in which lab graded your diamond GIA, EGL..etc...

Thanks everyone!

----------------
Josh RIoux
Sitka, ALaska
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results