shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA vs expert selection

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
If the $4k is in your budget I would go for the bigger stone. Thought I read here that most people who see ES and ACA go for the ES because the price difference isn’t worth the slight performance improvement. When you get the side by side videos hopefully you have a gut reaction which stone is right for you and the decision process is an easy one.

Thanks. I agree that I’m sure the ES is wonderful And is never know the difference. I guess I just want the extra 4K to be a feeling like “Woah! That is worth it!”

Here are the side by side photos.

912D7560-60C1-4CEA-A0A0-7AC98A62132B.jpeg

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
I’m following with interest to see what you decide. What a nice dilemma to have.

If I we’re in your shoes, and the $4k was in budget, I’d go for the 2.38 I SI. Upgrading to a ES cut will give you an increase in sparkle from your previous stone and I think you will notice the difference in color and size.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I’m following with interest to see what you decide. What a nice dilemma to have.

If I we’re in your shoes, and the $4k was in budget, I’d go for the 2.38 I SI. Upgrading to a ES cut will give you an increase in sparkle from your previous stone and I think you will notice the difference in color and size.

We’re going with the 2.38! I’m still nervous but excited! Now I’m just trying to decide what metal color to set it in!

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
I bought a pair of studs from white flash - one stone was ACA and the other was from their ES. To my naked eye, there isnt any difference between the two.

My engagement ring is an Si2. The inclusion is quite large but I can only ever see it under heat lamps in my bathroom and only if I hold it at a certain angle no more than 3 inches away from my face.

Im sure your stone will be stunning. All the very best XO

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I bought a pair of studs from white flash - one stone was ACA and the other was from their ES. To my naked eye, there isnt any difference between the two.

My engagement ring is an Si2. The inclusion is quite large but I can only ever see it under heat lamps in my bathroom and only if I hold it at a certain angle no more than 3 inches away from my face.

Im sure your stone will be stunning. All the very best XO

Thank you! I’ll post pictures when it’s done!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re going with the 2.38! I’m still nervous but excited! Now I’m just trying to decide what metal color to set it in!

Woot woot....excited for you. I think it's going to knock your socks off and the size difference is definitely noticeable.

Congrats on picking a beautiful stone, and getting to a final decision!

Can't wait to see finished pics.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Woot woot....excited for you. I think it's going to knock your socks off and the size difference is definitely noticeable.

Congrats on picking a beautiful stone, and getting to a final decision!

Can't wait to see finished pics.

Thank you for the support!!
I’ve asked WF for one final set of pictures of the stone placed (not set) in an all white gold setting and a yellow gold band with white metal prongs to try to decide what color setting to do. I also love all gold but they don’t have one in stock to try it with. It’s so hard to decide these things over the computer— hoping the pictures will help my indecisiveness!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been following this thread, and I think that is the better choice. Both will likely appear white face up, but the SIZE is what you'll notice!! Congrats!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Great choice. Before I read that you picked the 2.38 I was gonna say “get the 2.38”. And you did!! And because technically it’s 2.386, you can round up to 2.39, and for that matter a 2.39 rounds right on up to 2.4! You go girl!!

Send us some pics when you get her. Or the pics Whiteflash sends in different settings. It’s going to be glorious!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Great choice. Before I read that you picked the 2.38 I was gonna say “get the 2.38”. And you did!! And because technically it’s 2.386, you can round up to 2.39, and for that matter a 2.39 rounds right on up to 2.4! You go girl!!

Send us some pics when you get her. Or the pics Whiteflash sends in different settings. It’s going to be glorious!

I love your thinking!! And 2.4 is basically 2.5– so we’ll just call it 3! I’ll post the picture they sent to help with the choice of metal in a few minutes.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
17CBBAE7-58A8-4A66-84FE-7E87442AE18F.jpeg D4D39797-7D92-4D0C-84FD-8BBFD17E6BAD.jpeg 2CC7E7E4-9E14-4182-B6E1-4B796FE7596B.jpeg 4A6C8436-18FD-4FBF-9561-497D2FDB4CEC.jpeg
I asked for these to help me select metal choice. I’m not getting either of these settings but just wanted them placed on them to get a better idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results