shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Tennis Bracelet Project has Begun!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love your project! What a good idea.
Can you tell me please how close in diameter are the stones that you are choosing for your bracelet? I ask because I am looking at round diamonds for the side stones in a 3 stone ring that I am planning, and I wonder if a .1 to .15 difference in diameter is noticeable in diamonds that are approximately.35 ct each?

Hi Scon_ce! Sorry for my late reply, I didn't see your question until now. I was told by my WF SA to stay within a .15 mm range for the bracelet. However, in a bracelet, you can arrange the diamonds in a way that you can make the strand ever so slightly graduated (so neighbors are closer in size than .15mm.).

I was told that stud earrings should be within .1 mm to be "perfectly" matched. My studs are over .1 mm ( they are .19 mm difference) and I am still completely happy with them (I can see a very very very tiny difference in size if they are so close together they are touching, but not if they are a few inches apart or farther.)

I think you will be happy if you keep them under .15 mm and if you are nervous about it, then .1 mm. I honestly don't know anyone who can detect .1 mm or less difference, and most folks can't detect .15 mm.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I added another ACA to my tennis bracelet collection today!

I took my stud earrings to Whiteflash to have them reset. So I bought a tiny ACA that I had had my eye on for a couple months! Here's a pic of my husband and I enjoying a lunch outside after buying it:

0.333 ct D VVS1

IMG_9631 small.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I took my stud earrings to Whiteflash to have them reset. So I bought a tiny ACA that I had had my eye on for a couple months! Here's a pic of my husband and I enjoying a lunch outside after buying it:

0.333 ct D VVS1

IMG_9631 small.jpg

@RunningwithScissors Very exciting! I can’t wait to see your finished studs, and what an excuse to “add-a-bead!”

valenledge

Shiny_Rock

0.333 ct D VVS1

IMG_9631 small.jpg

I really love the boxes they ship the loose diamonds in. Plus, another amazing shot of your engagement ring!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I love watching you add them one at a time! I want to do something like this, it makes it meaningful when each stone has a story!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors Very exciting! I can’t wait to see your finished studs, and what an excuse to “add-a-bead!”

Thanks KristinTech!

WF said it would be four weeks to make the new settings....argh! I'm feeling nekkid without my studs!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I really love the boxes they ship the loose diamonds in. Plus, another amazing shot of your engagement ring!

Thanks Valenledge! Those little boxes are pretty cool. Love the way they suspend the diamonds like they are floating in air :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love watching you add them one at a time! I want to do something like this, it makes it meaningful when each stone has a story!

Thanks LinSF! Its a really fun project, and its helping me learn patience LOL :)

If you are interested in doing one, I say go for it! WF has a great inventory of little diamonds and they also offer cut-to-order even at this small size

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

0.333 ct D VVS1

IMG_9631 small.jpg

Yay!! Another little beauty joins the family.

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I hear you on the cost and the risk of damage. But wow, the waiting! This is such an exciting project. How wonderful, to know that when this bracelet is complete it will be exactly as you want it.

As to my add-a-bead necklace, I honestly don’t know if I still have it. I will have to look! I remember it clearly, but not the last time I saw it.

When I was a little girl, my mom started an add-a-pearl necklace for me. She started with three pearls and every birthday and holiday she, my aunts, and grandma would buy me more. The necklace was made with a chain so it could be worn even before it was finished. Upon my graduation from high school, my family completed it for me. Decades later I still have it and cherish all the special memories that went into creating it. I think the tennis bracelet idea is a brilliant upgrade to this idea!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! So exciting to add another beautiful icy bling. Can’t wait to see the the completed project.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
When I was a little girl, my mom started an add-a-pearl necklace for me. She started with three pearls and every birthday and holiday she, my aunts, and grandma would buy me more. The necklace was made with a chain so it could be worn even before it was finished. Upon my graduation from high school, my family completed it for me. Decades later I still have it and cherish all the special memories that went into creating it. I think the tennis bracelet idea is a brilliant upgrade to this idea!

Such a beautiful story RockOnReen! I love it when our jewelry items have meaningful memories attached to them. :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yay! So exciting to add another beautiful icy bling. Can’t wait to see the the completed project.

Thanks Dmndsr4evr11! I can hardly wait too, but I'm trying to tell myself to be patient.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gotta love everything about this project! D VVS1!!!!!!! yumyumyum

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your project! What a good idea.
Can you tell me please how close in diameter are the stones that you are choosing for your bracelet? I ask because I am looking at round diamonds for the side stones in a 3 stone ring that I am planning, and I wonder if a .1 to .15 difference in diameter is noticeable in diamonds that are approximately.35 ct each?

I am not RWS, but with small stones in a ring that are very close together, I would not go more than .05 difference. I like matching pairs to actually overlap in diameter when possible. In a tennis bracelet that is harder to achieve so you'd have to have a wider range organized by size, as RWS said. But it does help when dealing with ideal cut stones as the cuts will be very similar on both stones. I am looking at stones in a similar size range for a potential 5 stone band, and I plan to stay within .1 or less with the smallest two on the ends and largest in the center.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I love how you are building this bracelet! How fun. I need to visit WF soon. My tennis bracelet needs to be reset and I love their "X" setting.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!, How many more to go now?

Hi Dancing Fire. How many more diamonds to go depends on which setting I choose. When I started this project I thought I was going with a 3 prong setting which means 28 diamonds total, so about 20 more diamonds left to collect. But now I'm starting to like 4 prong settings which hold the diamonds closer together, so unfortunately that means a lot more diamonds! :( My goal is to finish this project by the time I turn 50 in 2024.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fun way to create a significant piece of jewelry!

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
Hi Scon_ce! Sorry for my late reply, I didn't see your question until now. I was told by my WF SA to stay within a .15 mm range for the bracelet. However, in a bracelet, you can arrange the diamonds in a way that you can make the strand ever so slightly graduated (so neighbors are closer in size than .15mm.).

I was told that stud earrings should be within .1 mm to be "perfectly" matched. My studs are over .1 mm ( they are .19 mm difference) and I am still completely happy with them (I can see a very very very tiny difference in size if they are so close together they are touching, but not if they are a few inches apart or farther.)

I think you will be happy if you keep them under .15 mm and if you are nervous about it, then .1 mm. I honestly don't know anyone who can detect .1 mm or less difference, and most folks can't detect .15 mm.

Thank you this is helpful !

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
I am not RWS, but with small stones in a ring that are very close together, I would not go more than .05 difference. I like matching pairs to actually overlap in diameter when possible. In a tennis bracelet that is harder to achieve so you'd have to have a wider range organized by size, as RWS said. But it does help when dealing with ideal cut stones as the cuts will be very similar on both stones. I am looking at stones in a similar size range for a potential 5 stone band, and I plan to stay within .1 or less with the smallest two on the ends and largest in the center.

Thank you, I appreciate the input!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

I have an add a pearl necklace on a chain too but my family only got me to 3 pearls.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Such a cool project, and such amazing diamonds you are selecting!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have an add a pearl necklace on a chain too but my family only got me to 3 pearls.

Its so interesting to hear how many people remember those necklaces! I never got very far with my necklace either, and the gold beads were hollow and dented way to easily.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results