shape
carat
color
clarity

? about what you see from the side (pavillion)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
I got my ring on Sunday and I must say it''s so beautiful. I was kind of worried about the H color, but it''s far exceeded my expectations. I really rarely see any hint to color. Mosty its super white and it faces up Bright white in most lighting.

Face up I can''t see any hint of any inclusions and being a VS2 I expected that. When I look at it through the side of my setting the view through the crown is very clean. I think however, that I can see the inclusions through the pavillion. I am not sure if it''s just because I am seeing the reflections of the facets from the pavillion on the opposite side of the diamond, or if I am actually seeing the inclusions. My diamond had two tiny clouds that I viewed from the top in a microscope. I am not sure if it was 10x or more. I could see them in the microscope but they looked very light this way. My inclusions were on the table in the AGS plot diagram. And one tiny spec on the underneath pavillion. If what I am seeing is my inclusions in the pavillion, that would make them pretty deep because I don''t see them when I look through the crown (which has a wider viewing area for each facet versus the pavillion). Hopefully I am making sense.

My stats are:
AGS 11/19/03
Round Brilliant
6.55-6.59x4.08mm
Cut Grade AGS Ideal 0
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Proportions Ideal
Color H
Clarity VS2
1.085 Cts
Table 56%
Depth 62.2%
Crown % 15.1
Crown angle 34.8
Pavillion % 43.1
Pavillion Angle 62.2
culet pointed
girdle facet 1.7% to 2.7%

Isee2 9.4
AGA Score 1A
AGS 000
HCA using angles 2.1
HCA using % 1.1

As always, thanks to everyone on this board. I really love reading all the wonderful advice that everyone gives. I will be having David Atlas appraise my diamond as soon as I can get an appointment and get into the city. I am going to try to take pictures of it tonight if I can figure out how to not have them blurry.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
It is very possible that you are seeing the inclusions when you look through the pavillion from the side. The is especially true if you really know where to look. One of the pros can correct me, but I believe that they look for inclusions from all angles (including the side view) but what actually sets the grade is the inclusion's appearance from the top.

When I look from the top it always seems to me that an inclusion is right under the table, but really it is just as likely that they are down below the girdle.

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
The inclusions actually looked closer to the top of the table than further into the diamond when viewing it through the microscope. This is why I was shocked to see something so low into the diamond when viewing it from the side. It is quite possible that I am seeing the cuts of the pavillion on the other side of the diamond though. The diamond gets narrower at the bottom towards the culet and this could be why I am seeing something. It could just be the multiple facets being reflected from the other side of the diamond. And then again, maybe the inclusions are low and that is what I am seeing.

For those of you that have round diamonds with four prong settings, when you view the diamond from the side through the pavillion, do you see straight though to the otherside or do you see little jagged edges.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results