shape
carat
color
clarity

About to make a purchase - Is B2C a reliable vendor?

GracieG

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am about to wire money to B2C to purchase a stone.

Rio, Simon, Nick seemed very responsive via emails in following up with me in my search and giving suggestions, therefore I give the business to them. I also negotiated a price and they agreed, but then I receive another email from one of them said they need to check with pricing team. In the end they came back to the table and agreed to the price offered, but their processes made me think twice and feel anxious.

Are they a reliable and trustworthy company?

Thanks

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi! I purchased my diamond from them and found them really easy to work with. My stone was exactly as described- and they had the lowest prices of any other website by far. If you know what you are looking for and they have it I wouldn't hesitate. The ONLY thing I didn't love was that they have a 20% "restocking" fee that is incurred in case you want to upgrade later, subtracted from the price of your original stone- booooo. If that is not an issue than you are fine.

Good luck! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are a reputable vendor. Do you have photos of the stone? Would you like to post the GIA report here for feedback before you order? That would at least give you reassurance that the stone is a good one.

GracieG

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not even think of this point! Yes that's really booo! I am purchasing a d color diamond and probably upgrading to a larger one later on, but probably will down grade color, not sure. Hmmm, that's kinda a downer.

GracieG

Rough_Rock
Hi DiamondSeeker,
It's a almost 1.75ct D SI 1, 57% table, 61.9% dept, 35 crown, 40.8 pavilion. Totally eyeclean but they couldn't provide any ASET or ideal scope image. GIA cert. they said they will take images before it shipped out to me. What do you think? Thanks

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GracieG|1476985605|4088965 said:
Hi!

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not even think of this point! Yes that's really booo! I am purchasing a d color diamond and probably upgrading to a larger one later on, but probably will down grade color, not sure. Hmmm, that's kinda a downer.

If you are already planning an upgrade then I would use a vendor that gives full upgrade value (unless the stone you found is priced
so low you just cant beat it even with having to pay the 20% later).

GracieG

Rough_Rock
Thanks tyty the discount does not compensate for the restocking fee. I was also interested in an old cut from Grace. It's a 2.5ct j vs1 stone. I wasn't sure about the color since I haven't seen a nice old cut in real life. All I have are modern E/D earrings and pendant. But that's the size I really want :wall:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
be careful going that far down in color if you are used to D-E color, and you were planning on purchasing a stone that was a D. Though there are "High" J colors and "lower" J colors, it is NOT going to look ultra white. It just won't. So if that is important to you, then you probably need to go somewhere in the middle- Maybe F or G to be safe.

I personally am not color sensitive- I know there is a difference in color but I don't mind it. I also have tan skin so I feel like very white white diamonds make me look dark, ha!

Can you go check out some stones in person and find out what your sweet spot is, before committing?

GracieG

Rough_Rock
Hi Dollyanjuli,
I actually purchased from White Flash an ACA AGS graded G color but had to return because I don't like seeing the warmth in it. I have been reading ups on old cut on this site, and heard the warmer color would actually look better than the colorless, therefore I was considering going down in color in this cut to gain a larger size.
In the end I went ahead and wired payment today for the modern round D stone. B2C said they are going to take all kind of images for me to look at before they shipped. So I will be sure to post those and ask for help interpreting. If all goes well, my next conundrum is the setting, still not sure I want to halo it or not. If it's a larger stone I definitely want the classic six prongs solitaire :)
Very thankful for your input!

GracieG

Rough_Rock
B2C Purchase - please help with images

The diamond has arrived at B2C. Stat is GIA cert ~7.8mm D/si1 completely eyeclean, 35 crown, 40.8 pavilion, 57 table, 61.9 dept faint fluoro. Please help interpreting. Thank you!

img_13180.jpg

img_13181.jpg

img_13182.jpg

img_0190.jpg

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
Do you have a magnified picture of just the stone from the top down? I am wondering because some of those inclusions look dark and to be blocking light return, especially under the table. I would never take someone else's word about eye cleanliness. Trust but verify. Hopefully, the price you paid reflects the fact that the stone has some transparency issues/dark inclusions. Can you post the gia report number?

GracieG

Rough_Rock
Hi N64bomb, please see images. Thank you for your input!

img_0191.jpg

img_0192.png

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
dollyanjuli|1476983129|4088952 said:
Hi! I purchased my diamond from them and found them really easy to work with. My stone was exactly as described- and they had the lowest prices of any other website by far. If you know what you are looking for and they have it I wouldn't hesitate. The ONLY thing I didn't love was that they have a 20% "restocking" fee that is incurred in case you want to upgrade later, subtracted from the price of your original stone- booooo. If that is not an issue than you are fine.

Good luck! :wavey:

Hello all,

Thank you for your kind words regarding B2C! I would like to clear up any misunderstanding - B2C does indeed have a re-stocking fee as indicated, but ONLY if you choose to upgrade AFTER the initial 30 day no-questions asked return policy (this was not specified). This helps to account for possible fluctuations in diamond pricing year-to-year and other considerations of inventory and availability.

Best Wishes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results