shape
carat
color
clarity

About those 'designer' cups ...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased one for my daughter and one for myself maybe 6 months ago. I haven't removed the label and used mine yet because I'm still using my hydro flask that fits everywhere and keeps my drinks cold for 24 hours. We both rotate through a few different bottles but this is the first time I'm noticing my daughter (11.5 years old) drinking a LOT more water at home. She even puts sliced cucumbers or lemons in it for that "spa experience" haha. They're both rose quartz colored and they go with my pink kitchen gadgets. I don't have any interest in getting more colors, two of them are enough.

The other trending bottle coming up now is Owala. They're about $10 cheaper. As far as trends over the years in reusable bottles, I think it went like this:

1. Nalgene
2. Camelbak
3. Contigo
4. Hydroflask
5. Yeti
6. Stanley

I still have my Nalgene, a couple of Camelbaks for summer camp, we each have a Hydroflask, and 2 Stanleys. My daughter's also move between two households, so they all get used often.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The other trending bottle coming up now is Owala.

LOVE Owala, mainly because of the handle! Not enough to go crazy though. During COVID my daughter bought two because of the nurse discount. There were a lot of freebies and discounts for RNs/healthcare providers. Don't get me started on the crazy Crocs giveaways...!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Not for nothing, my dad still uses his 40+ year old Stanley thermos regularly. That thing is built like a tank.

I've got a really nice Yeti tumbler for home use, and an Owala for the office, and just got a new Camelbak that leaves the house with me, so I'm all set for fancy, overpriced drinkware. :lol-2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stumbled across this comparison of many brands of tumblers.

I'm so sick of reviews featuring attractive, charismatic, airhead-bimbo men or women saying completely meaningless sh!t like:

This one's been great
My family loves it
The color matches my new kitchen :roll:
Impresses my friends

(But, Hell, people vary and clearly that's what the unwashed masses go for these days. :doh: :nono: )

That's why I LOOOVVVVEEEE this guy's YT channel, "Project Farm". :clap:
His reviews are right up my alley, thorough, unbiased, smart & not stupid, comprehensive and SCIENCE AND DATA BASED!!!!!!!!!

It never would have occurred to me to test all the things he test for.
Yet, when it explains it makes perfect sense.

My only complaint is he talks too fast.
Actually his speech is probably been sped up by some annoying technology to do a rapid spoon-feed for the short attention span of today's, again, unwashed masses.
So I reduce the play speed down to 0.75 by clicking on that round wheel-shaped thingie on the bottom right.
It's the fifth icon from the right, below the red 4K square ...

5.png

Here's his amazingly comprehensive review about tumblers ... that is, if you can sit through his information overload. LOL

But if I gave a rat's @ss about a friggin cup (I don't) here's how I'd research and make my selection:

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I stumbled across this comparison of many brands of tumblers.

I'm so sick of reviews featuring attractive, charismatic, airhead-bimbo men or women saying completely meaningless sh!t like:

This one's been great
My family loves it
The color matches my new kitchen :roll:
Impresses my friends

(But, Hell, people vary and clearly that's what the unwashed masses go for these days. :doh: :nono: )

That's why I LOOOVVVVEEEE this guy's YT channel, "Project Farm". :clap:
His reviews are right up my alley, thorough, unbiased, smart & not stupid, comprehensive and SCIENCE AND DATA BASED!!!!!!!!!

It never would have occurred to me to test all the things he test for.
Yet, when it explains it makes perfect sense.

My only complaint is he talks too fast.
Actually his speech is probably been sped up by some annoying technology to do a rapid spoon-feed for the short attention span of today's, again, unwashed masses.
So I reduce the play speed down to 0.75 by clicking on that round wheel-shaped thingie on the bottom right.
It's the fifth icon from the right, below the red 4K square ...

5.png

Here's his amazingly comprehensive review about tumblers ... that is, if you can sit through his information overload. LOL

But if I gave a rat's @ss about a friggin cup (I don't) here's how I'd research and make my selection:

If you skip through to 20:22, there's a chart showing the pros/cons in letter grades. No need to listen to That Voice, and a-a-a-all the minutiae.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you skip through to 20:22, there's a chart showing the pros/cons in letter grades. No need to listen to That Voice, and a-a-a-all the minutiae.

Thanks. =) :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!

Thanks for that PSA!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm not gonna lie....when I originally read the title of this thread I thought this would be about bra's. I need to get out more.

cheers--Sharon

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Well, now I know why a few of my friends have re-posted "Marked safe from buying a Stanley Cup" memes.

While I have quite a collection of reusable bottles/cups, 90% of them were gifts/swag from specialty offices we refer to, along with conventions I've gone to.

One of the bottles is well insulated, and they were brought into the office filled with cherry limeade with ice cubes. I threw it in the back of my car after work (during the summer), forgot about it for 2 days, got it out of the back, and there was still ice inside. Definitely impressed me, but not enough to bother figuring out what brand it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results