clarity

About those 'designer' cups ...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky that craze hasnt arrived here yet

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw "Stanley cup" and thought the link was about hockey. I was so confused...

This cup craze is beyond my comprehension. But I also live in an area where every adult has to keep up appearances. I hate it. Years ago, I went shopping the day after Christmas. It was insane! Crazy-ass women running and pushing to get wrapping paper! Count me out on all crazes with the crazies.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This cup craze is beyond my comprehension. But I also live in an area where every adult has to keep up appearances. I hate it. ...

Nobody "has to".
You said hate it, so just stop.
Just stop.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's not really a thing here.

@PinkAndBlueBling I've seen a YouTube comedian lady who does skits about being a 'beige' mom in Utah.
She uses them in it, and she has a daughter named 'Chickenleigh'. :lol:
It's pretty funny. Her whole thing is an outlet about modern conventions, the pressure and women.

I do love my Contigo coffee mugs.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love that comedian @ItsMainelyYou - her husband must have the patience of a saint!

Stanley cups are becoming a thing here in Australia which drives me nuts being the mother of an 18yo girl. She has 2 cups but not Stanley, they’re another “popular” brand. She is however a trained barista so does use them to take her coffee of the day with her.

Funnily enough these are my two go to cups. Hate Starbucks coffee with a passion but this cup is brilliant as it’s insulated but doesn’t condensate on the outside. It’s my water cup in the home. The smaller cup again is insulated and doesn’t condensate on the outside so it’s my iced coffee cup in the mornings. It’s actually a wine cooler cup that has my name on it, a gift from my Mum but since I’m lucky to drink once a month iced coffee it is.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had one for a few years, it actually fits in my cupholder and makes it easy to drink water while I'm driving (which I do a lot). I don't get the craze though. I walked into Target, saw it, thought "oh, that'll do", bought it and that was that.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@kenny I'm too old to worry about what the local moms are doing, thankfully. It wasn't too bad when my kids were in school. Although there was one mom who told me she was late to an assembly because her private jet had engine trouble. :lol-2:

Now it's everything, mainly because of TikTok. If there's a trend, it's on steroids here. A certain show started around here and I knew people who auditioned for the original cast.

Those Stanley cups do look nice - especially the pink ones. I just can't do the "attack the shelves" thing anymore. Maybe after I go back to pilates and get stronger. ;)2

HGar

Shiny_Rock
IMG_3131.jpeg
Lol forgot to add the pictures of my cups! Plus whilst the pink cup may come in the car for long drives, I never take it outside. I just can’t get into the carrying a water flask with me. If we buy a water or soft drink then the cans / bottles come back home to our recycle bin to go on the monthly visit to the recycle outlet (here in Australia we get 10c per recyclable can / bottle so our family saves them up and every month we take them for collection).

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never heard of this until today. I'm often flabbergasted by which products go viral.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We carry our own well water with us wherever we go-- it beats paying for bottled water or other beverages while we're out-- but not in that specific cup. I had not seen that cup. We have an assortment of bottles-- all with an opening wide enough to add ice cubes. That is the main feature. Gotta be able to add ice so the water stays cool in the car for the duration of the errand, even in summer.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer to carry a small reusable water bottle up to 500ml capacity when I am out and about, and have a few in various designs.

DK :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny I'm too old to worry about what the local moms are doing, thankfully. It wasn't too bad when my kids were in school. Although there was one mom who told me she was late to an assembly because her private jet had engine trouble. :lol-2:

Now it's everything, mainly because of TikTok. If there's a trend, it's on steroids here. A certain show started around here and I knew people who auditioned for the original cast.

Those Stanley cups do look nice - especially the pink ones. I just can't do the "attack the shelves" thing anymore. Maybe after I go back to pilates and get stronger. ;)2

As a demographic targeted 38yo Mom of two I am so happy I stayed off TikTok! It has saved me I swear!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i reuse this :lol-2:
its amazing how long the peach tea flavor lasts:lol-2:
i refill it with tap water :lol-2:
its small enough to fit in my bag for when i sit sweltering at the bus stop
and if i loose its a bonus because i get to buy another one :lickout:
1705263418472.png
i would definatly loose one of those pretty ones you are all talking about

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A co-worker has one of these & has brought it to school every day for about a year. It drives me nuts, because she leaves it in inappropriate places (she’s a Midday Assistant & is only in for 1.5 hours each day to help supervise at lunch) so the children endlessly knock it over. It’s huge & doesn’t close because of the straw in the top, so somebody is always running for a mop. It holds a LOT of water. She’s been spoken to about it, but still brings it in. Grrrrrrrr.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't think of a drink container as a fashion choice lol but I like having a bottle of water with me when I go out and about, for convenience.

I don't care if the water isn't cold but I want a container that fits inside my purse and won't leak. I keep bottled water on hand for if the water goes out, and usually just grab one of those. They've started making those bottles very thin though. Which is better for the environment but not so trustworthy for me.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
My sister purchased a Stanley a few years ago and raved about it. I thought it was a bit over the top. Then my Mom got one and also raved about it. They finally convinced me but I purchased a 30 oz and not the 40 oz because I thought the 40 was to over the top. I LOVE it! It’s like the massive hospital cup that they give you when you give birth but better (iykyk). have had it for over a year now and I love it. I use it all day every day. It keeps my water ice cold all day. I totally get how fantastic the cup is but all of this limited edition collecting hype is absolutely stupid. It’s a water cup for gods sake! No one needs 20 water cups. I think collecting $50 water cups is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen but this is coming from someone who has like 5 engagement rings and a loose gemstone collection so I guess I shouldn’t be so judgmental.

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Some of the kids at my older daughter’s school love these! We stick to stainless steel water bottles that close tightly because of spill risk and heading straight from school to sports, though. And survive getting dropped!

I guess if you are only getting one main cup and they work well to keep drinks hot/cold it seems fine. Like a “cost per use”? But the crazy shopping behavior and buying a cupboard full is a bit much.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had one for a few years, it actually fits in my cupholder and makes it easy to drink water while I'm driving (which I do a lot). I don't get the craze though. I walked into Target, saw it, thought "oh, that'll do", bought it and that was that.

Same. I am 51 years old and definitely not trying to be trendy. I just saw the cup in target and thought “straw…handle…fits in cup holder…40 ounces”. My college age kids are the ones who told me about the trend. I just like that it keeps my water cold.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had never heard of them until this thread. Like someone else, I thought "Stanley" referred to the hockey trophy :???:. I have a Yeti... I got it for free. So I use it when I want something to stay cold. Other than that, I don't see why your water bottle brand means anything....But I'm old.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you were talking about bra cups.

Designer bra cups might be worth checking out…

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you were talking about bra cups.

Designer bra cups might be worth checking out…

Maybe I will.
I've never done drag, and Ozempic has stolen my moobs.

But what the heck?
In the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara ...

2.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results