shape
carat
color
clarity

A word of warning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2010 10:47:31 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Boning?
33.gif
Isn''t that something you do with a chicken?

cheers--Sharon
Now THAT would be just beyond kinky...

One of my husband''s favorites: "Erotic uses a feather, kinky uses the whole chicken."
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I admire you a lot. Keep treating yourself and have a sense of humour about everything. Humour will get you through a lot.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Catlady, you are hilarious and I have no doubt you are going to be JUST fine!

Just a little story to remind you that marrying a commitmentphobe is SO MUCH worse than breaking up with one:

When I left my DH (then boyfriend) because of his fear of marriage I joined a group of women going through the same thing. There were two women who''d left their relationships and their boyfriends came back and proposed. Neither guy was ready for marriage, they were both just doing the bare minimum to stay in the relationship (and the women had upped the ante). They both had a MISERABLE time planning their weddings--the husbands weren''t involved, they got into huge fights, but both women had their eye on the prize so to speak, and that prize was declaring victory over their commitmentphobe partners by getting married against their better judgement.

Both are now getting divorced after several years of misery. One woman was older (second marriage) and her husband absolutely refused to sell his house and move in with her after the wedding. She had a daughter and didn''t want to move school districts. He told her that he wanted to get into local politics and couldn''t move districts. When her daughter did graduate, he still refused to let her move in and she discovered that he''d been buying cars and other expensive purchases behind her back. She became so upset that she decided to pawn her engagement ring and found out it was fake. When she confronted him, he told her he didn''t want to spend money on something he didn''t think would last (they did break off the engagement twice--once the DAY before the wedding). She became so bitter that she decided to start having several plastic surgeries (the only thing she claims he would pay for) so that when she divorced him, she''d be "ready" for a real man. Pure craziness that all could have been avoided if she''d just realized that he would NEVER be a real partner!

The other woman was in her mid-thirties and wanted to start a family right away. I hate to say it, but I think one of the reasons she held onto the bad relationship was because she didn''t want to "start over". She moved out of their apartment three times and kept coming back when he''d throw her some crumbs. He did finally propose, but she planned the wedding 100% by herself. After they were married she sold her condo and moved into his apartment until they could find a condo of their own. That''s when the problems really started. He dragged his feet about buying a place because he still had the same commitment fears. Then he freaked out about having kids. She was hoping he''d come around the way he did with marriage, but he didn''t. She ended up filing for divorce and has accepted that she probably won''t have kids at this point because she was desperately holding onto a bad relationship.

As everybody else has said, 29 is still very young! Heck, most of my friends didn''t meet their husband until they were 29 or older (and many are now pregnant or have kids). You absolutely did THE BEST thing you could have. Hanging onto that relationship would have been a complete waste of your life and time.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
29 and you think you''re a dinosaur??? SHEEZE, I must be a FOSSILE!
9.gif

I read both of your posts, and good for you! You sound much happier.
36.gif
I have to let you in on a little secret...I''m 40 (how the hell did THAT happen???
6.gif
). Life just starts getting really good at the end of your 30''s, and the sex at 40 is FANTASTIC!!! You''ve got a LOT to look forward to, ladies. The toys are better the older you get, etc., but most importantly, you learn what is really important to you. By the time you reach my age, you''ll be so comfortable in your own skin and really know who you are and what (and whom) you want in your life, that you won''t give a crap about what anyone else thinks. Oh, and you can see through the BS much better too.

I wish you and the other LIW''s the best of luck. (((HUGS!)))

EllaMarie

Rough_Rock
If you have to convice someone to do anything then it''s just not the right thing to do. I know because I''ve been there. Before I was with my current fiance I was married to someone (several years ago) who showed the same signs and I ignored them and happily went on my way... I don''t know, I guess these types of men want you to stick around but they don''t really want you. He ended up leaving me for another girl. Good riddence!

If nothing else, at least you didn''t marry him. Imagine how crappy it would be to have to get divorced.

I hope you find someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. I''m also sorry about your best friend. That''s pretty low.

Take care,
Ella

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
eek! double post.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Catlady, you rule.

Honey, my Mr. Wrong didn''t stop jerking me around until I was 32! So you are NO dino!! (Though I didn''t have a hot boy to ease the transition, so--good on you there, Missy.)

Keep the franzia on ice and keep it up. I''m finally getting married at almost 36. You are going to be JUST fine. I think you''re fabulous. Come up with some very gracious, quippy way to answer those who think they''re in his court to make it clear exactly who''s in the right here, if you feel like it. Or don''t even dignify it.

You are SO much better off. Better at 29 than in ten years with kids and way more stuff to divide up. Single and Fabulous (no question mark.)
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: NewEnglandLady, "The other woman was in her mid-thirties and wanted to start a family right away. I hate to say it, but I think one of the reasons she held onto the bad relationship was because she didn''t want to "start over". "

That''s like, EXACTLY why I think I stayed with my ex for so long. I was with him from 22-32. I was terrified of starting over. It just seemed absolutely impossible that I could ever get to that place with a new person, telling all your stories, the shared history, the shorthand, the symbiosis (read: codependence!!). God, I had NO idea. SO much better off.

Catlady, YOU will be too, babe. Watch out, world.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another ditto on the 29 does not equal dinosaur! Consider yourself young, in charge of your own destiny, and strong enough to free yourself now rather than later.

I''m 32. Engaged at 25, married at 26, separated at 30...divorced at 32. No children, fortunately, that made things infinitely easier, but even if there had been children I think we''d have all been better off not keeping up appearances. I digress. At 32 I am more sure of myself, more in tune with ME, happier in general and confident! I was very afraid to start over. I did not think divorce was an option, didn''t want to admit defeat, didn''t want to upset my family and friends, etc. But you know what? I made it through a very difficult decision and lived to tell about it, and came out stronger. You will too, Catlady. We are stronger than we know. And...Amen for a box ''o'' wine! Hilarious!
36.gif
35.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 6:09:33 PM
Author: CatLady
I''m doing great, the wine was Black Box (not Franzia). I''ve been casually dating a few guys (but only boning the one, Holly, don''t worry). Am going on a girl''s trip to Chicago this weekend, I''ve cut the toxic friends out of my life, I''ve been going running with my dog, looking for houses to move into. I went shopping today and bought MYSELF a purse. I''m thinking about selling my engagement ring and going on a trip somewhere by myself, but have found that you can''t sell those rings for a fraction of what you pay for them. Geez, what a scam these diamond prices are. I keep pressuring all of the guys I know who are in relationships to hurry up and propose so that they will buy my damn ring.

People at work are saying that I look happier than I have in a long time, and I feel at peace. Sometimes I''m scared of becoming a hoarder, but I''m actually quite neat and hate the smell of cat pee. Also, I imagine that all of those adult diapers get pretty expensive, and I don''t know how to tie knots so the rope would probably snap the first night before the filth was bad enough to swallow me up. Maybe I''ll just be an Aunt Jackie or Aunt Rachel who always crashes my sister''s family dinners. So be it. A marriage to that guy (if he could have ever been forced to actually go through with it) would have been incredibly lonely, probably causing me to start popping pills, swigging straight vodka from the bottle and ending up on Intervention. Either way, I am probably going to end up as a character on an A&E reality show, or a cheesy ABC Family sitcom, but I''m fine with that.
YOU are hysterical!

A.) You dodged a huge bullet getting rid of your ex
B.) 29 is NOT old
C.) Your whole life is ahead of you, and you sound open to it. Go get''em tiger!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I just want to second the importance of ''seeing the signs'' when you are in a relationship... for all you LIW''s out there.

I know someone who also didn''t tell his family when he proposed. His family found out on Facebook as well, and it took him a week to tell the rest of them... via email. Because he knew they wouldn''t like the decision. A year and a half later, they are separated. There is a lot more to their story, but suffice to say, when a man can''t declare his intentions to the most important people in his life, there is both a reason, and a problem.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2010 11:35:14 AM
Author: ksinger

Date: 3/10/2010 10:47:31 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Boning?
33.gif
Isn''t that something you do with a chicken?

cheers--Sharon
Now THAT would be just beyond kinky...

One of my husband''s favorites: ''Erotic uses a feather, kinky uses the whole chicken.''
2.gif
HI:

Ahha! I was thinking of DE-boning!
2.gif

At any rate, CL sounds like a hoot and I have no doubt things will just get better from here.

cheers--Sharon

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hilarious. thank you for that.

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry for his BS...but I have to give you kudos for making me literally LMFAO! I loved your story and I think it drives a valid point home to all these women waiting around for guys dragging their feet. Good for you for boning that guy! Good for you for moving on with your life! You are a better woman for doing it! Thank you for your honesty! It''s refreshing! I''m sorry I can''t control my exclamation points! I''ll look for you on Hoarders as that''s my favorite show, and if I know it''s you, I''ll come rescue you myself! I have my own home I refuse to sell as that''s a part of my own independence even though I''m not living there, I''m living w/ my FF and he''s cool with that deal I made with him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results