shape
carat
color
clarity

A walk down memory lane....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoping this will be a fun and positive thread... What are some funny things you remember about PS?? Or it could be a ring, that you'll never forget, etc.... This will be fun for the newbies too, they can learn a bit about the history here...
1.gif

For me, it was me being away on vacation came back, and everyone had PIE in their avatars....
18.gif
Oh and with real whipped cream. Right Allison?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to see all the lovely ladies who started planning their weddings here and saw their wedding pics and now they are in the mommy thread sharing pics of their adorable baby pics like Jas, TGAL, Tacori, Mrs. Flutter, Ella, Neatfreak and other lovely ladies I am forgetting.
12.gif
I also enjoy all the celebrations on here, like Weddings, new rings and Anniversaries. There are so many threads that were fun and made me laugh hard or are touching in one way or other.

I also enjoyed the Travel Eye Candy thread; so many fun vactions I get to take while on the comfort of my sofa. hehe

Oh and all the fabulous diamond projects like Ellen's Aqua Leon and Gypsy's Asscher beauty by Ocean, Coati's James Myer or your Oval anni ring, just to name a few. Or all the wonderful engagement rings on RT that post engagment pics in SMTR
9.gif

eta: I love the Holiday avatar thread where Deco was a smoking Santa. hehe Or looking at all the pretty cupcakes in the cupcake thread or using some of the recipes in the Healthy recipe thread. Also cheering on each other in the Healthy Lifestyle thread that Lorelei kicks off each week, yay!!! Or our wonderful new mods Ali and Andrey. Or all the fabulous GTG; it is fun to hear about all the friendships forged from Pricescope
36.gif

good thread Kaleigh!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread.

Let's see. Wow. My memory is so bad. Highlights for me from BWW:

T-guy's guest book. Which I'm sure T-gal can link us too. Long story short, men have very different ideas of what is wedding appropriate when it comes to stationary (he bought a book perfect for a funeral). T-gal's preggers AV.

Deco's wedding. She had the most amazing barn wedding, with metal flowers and a (very stressful dress shopping process that resulted in) a gorgeous dress.

GingerB's wedding photography... WOW. That's all I've got to say.

FacetFire's Dress Marathon, resulting in my most favorite wedding dress ever.

General:

Everyone's PS gifts. I don't remember who it was that got the first WF bangle but... man that was beautiful and it knocked my socks off!

Skippy's pictures from her trip to Las Vegas. And the first time I saw the Harry Winston Cushion Halo ring in her pics! .

BlueRoses's heart breaking.

And realizing for the first time how much you can hurt for someone you have never met when they are hurting, when you grandmother passed Kaleigh.

Ali's car accident. My heart stopped. Thank god Hockey guy posted and that Ali is better!

Ring and Setting Focused:

Your pain in the asscher project. And your oval!

MsSalvo's continuing quest.

And so many other ring related/setting related posts. Maisie's.

THE EAGLE. Poor Dee Jay.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps I should have made categories??

Sorry it's so open ended, but wanted you to share what comes to your mind....

I will share this. It was Nan's birthday, and Angello was in the hopsital after surgery. Irina had emailed back and forth with me for updates. I said it was her birthday, could we do something fun for Nan?? Irina was all for it. She had all the big vendors call Nan on her cell phone. I was there when the calls came in, she was like OMG, I just talked to Wink, To Gary. to John. We had to time the calls just so, as you can't use your cell in the Hospital. Her expressions getting those calls were priceless. I pray she doesn't kill me for sharing this story. But it's one, that is soooo sweet, and was such fun for me to be in on it.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread Lisa,

Most important for me was LostSapphire and her quest to "get rid of the horrible Monster". My heart broke for her because she was in such terrible pain. Sometimes I wanted to post to her, but I didn''t know what to say. When I did post, I just wanted to reach through the computer and give her a hug.

I love reading the preggo list, reading about their birth and finally seeing their precious pictures as they grow. Miss Tessa, I feel like I am her adopted Nana.

I enjoyed watching Musey plan her wedding and finally picking out her drop dead gorgeous wedding gown.

I love the Color Stone Thread, with so many gorgeous stones. I love to see how members will set their beauties. I remember how my jaw dropped when I saw LostSapphires BlueBerry and Ellen''s aquamarine. True masterpieces.

I treasure the friendships I have made on PS and some of the members that I will soon meet in person.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap, my post just got lost. It was super long and I'll try to make another shorter version:

My favorite memories:

Mara and her 10k post gift--diamond toe rings! That was when I first registered on PS. Getting to know Mara on what used to be known as the "Weekly Workout Thread" and seeing her go through an awesome body transformation...also getting to know everyone on the workout thread--Lorelei, DeeJay, Rod, Skippy, obviously Mara, Marcy, and everyone else who's participated in that thread, and seeing it evolve into the Healthy Lifestyle Thread within its own subforum has been awesome although I don't frequent it these days.

SanDiegoLady's wedding threads, ring threads, etc...loved following her story.

Decodelighted's wedding thread and also any post she's ever made, along with TravelingGal...I tend to "clique" the two of them in my mind like I did with Mara and AlJ, and put all four together and you have SATC--the PS version!

Storm and Wifey2Be's story

Anything involving PIE--I wasn't involved in the original thread but was aware of it and too newb to post! Enjoyable, nonetheless.

So many more, but I'm not going to make this longer for fear the computer will eat it again.
9.gif

ETA: being Tacori E-ring's china twin and then getting to follow her story as she got pregnant and had Tessa and watching that adorable baby turn into a little girl.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
fun thread kaleigh...

I'll think of more but a couple that popped into my head are Tiffany Fridays and Mara's first upgrade when she started the J stones in plat. thread. Oh and the what's your avatar thread with t-gal's roach i mean um Backpack was a riot too.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:51:25 PM
Author: Linda W
Great thread Lisa,

Most important for me was LostSapphire and her quest to ''get rid of the horrible Monster''. My heart broke for her because she was in such terrible pain. Sometimes I wanted to post to her, but I didn''t know what to say. When I did post, I just wanted to reach through the computer and give her a hug.
emcry.gif

thank you LInda
it just dawned on me I am only 8-1/2 weeks post op and some days I don''t even think about the MONSTER!
LS

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

Well, I still feel fairly new to PS, but some of my favorite moments are:

Chatting with Miss Skippy about those old scary 80s shows!!

Enjoying Ellen''s Fire Thread and her peeing squirrel!

Dancing with Lorelei.
9.gif

LoveInBloom''s VC thread...
30.gif

Anything that involves Miss Thingo2of2!

Moonwater, Ksinger, Swimmer, ebree, zhuzhu, demelza, and many other great ATW posters.

I loved seeing all the people come out to support Joflier, LostSapphire, Frekechild, Ali, and so many others.

Strm''s posts on light theory.

The old cut thread.

The photomicrography of Proteus.

I could go on and on. This place is fun. Oh, and the jewelry--where to begin? Gypsy''s new pendant drives me wild. (So do Linda and Tgal''s pads and Kaleigh''s oval--which is what brought me to this place!)

Sorry--this was rambling! I have many positive memories of ps--for not being here too long!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I had a lovely long post typed out, and then I was bumped right out of Internet Explorer. Phooey. Now let me see if I can recreate it . . .

Weddings:

Deco''s barn reception looked like a fantastic party. Everybody should have that good a time getting hitched.

Surfgirl''s very romantic elopement.

Fatafelice''s small beach wedding following her MIL''s death. And the one-of-a-kind made-for-her-dress that she didn''t wear.

Mela Lu''s beautiful Italian wedding, and the lovely dress her mother made for her.

SDL''s boat wedding; she looked like a million bucks on her big day, so if you haven''t seen her pictures, check them out.

T-Gal''s casual beach shindig.

Gingercookies'' WOW wedding photos. They should have been in a magazine.

(These are the weddings that stand out in my memory. Everybody''s wedding posted on PS was beautiful.)

Rings:

Surfgirl''s beautiful antique. Ellen''s delicious aquamarine.
30.gif
CrookedRock''s honker.
28.gif
UCLABelle''s never ending saga; and her equisite taste as well. (Former poster) Fran Fine''s EC to die for. And of course, Tacori''s e-ring was the reason I even know about PS. Googling ''Tacori'' after my own was being made, I found her thread here on PS.

Other:

I really miss Door Knob Solitaire. She was a hoot. Even in the midst of her sorry saga about her missing ''door knob'' stone. Come back, DKS, come back.

We actually had a great time with our live running commentaries during the politcal debates. Too bad we couldn''t keep that vibe going in our other political threads.

There have been many big events, small events, tragedies and triumphs, miracles and losses. I don''t thnk it''s my place to comment on them. Just in case someone wouldn''t want to relive something painful, I''ll keep quiet.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:32:46 PM
Author: coatimundi
1.gif

Well, I still feel fairly new to PS, but some of my favorite moments are:

Enjoying Ellen''s Fire Thread and her peeing squirrel!

Dancing with Lorelei.
9.gif

LoveInBloom''s VC thread...
30.gif

Anything that involves Miss Thingo2of2!

Moonwater, Ksinger, Swimmer, ebree, zhuzhu, demelza, and many other great ATW posters.

I loved seeing all the people come out to support Joflier, LostSapphire, Frekechild, Ali, and so many others.

Strm''s posts on light theory.

The old cut thread.

The photomicrography of Proteus.

I could go on and on. This place is fun. Oh, and the jewelry--where to begin? Gypsy''s new pendant drives me wild. (So do Linda and Tgal''s pads and Kaleigh''s oval--which is what brought me to this place!)

Sorry--this was rambling! I have many positive memories of ps--for not being here too long!

Awwwww, thank you Coati, I wuv you. How I forget Ellen''s peeing squirrel, ha ha ha ha ha ha. Thanks for reminding me of that one.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:32:36 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 3/27/2009 9:51:25 PM
Great thread Lisa,

Most important for me was LostSapphire and her quest to 'get rid of the horrible Monster'. My heart broke for her because she was in such terrible pain. Sometimes I wanted to post to her, but I didn't know what to say. When I did post, I just wanted to reach through the computer and give her a hug.
emcry.gif

thank you LInda
it just dawned on me I am only 8-1/2 weeks post op and some days I don't even think about the MONSTER!
LS
Aw, thank God; that is wonderful!!! My heart broke for you as well, hugs and I am so happy things are better. Love your blueberry ring too!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:32:46 PM
Author: coatimundi
1.gif

!
Coati, Me too!!!! I still have the best time talking about Alfred Hitchcock and pearls (thanks to you my new addiction and teaching me about them) hehee!!!!!
3.gif
yay!!!

Monnie I enjoyed our farm days talk!!! hehehe Storm too!

Linda, I have learned about pads thanks to you, they are beautiful!!

I love all the Photography threads!!!! Seeing EricaR, Wifey's, storm, Alj, MonkeyPies and others wonderful pics!!
30.gif

Talk about VA and Weezer with Thing

I love my HLT friends and the friends I have from PS!!! I feel really BLESSED.
12.gif

eta: love all the doggie stories too, Freke's, Mrs. Salvo, Monnie, Linda, Lisa, Musey, Deco, DEEJAY and seeing all the cute kitty pics Gypsy, Thing, Haven, and others I know I am missing.

Kcoursolle's ring on WF!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:37:46 PM
Awwwww, thank you Coati, I wuv you. How I forget Ellen''s peeing squirrel, ha ha ha ha ha ha. Thanks for reminding me of that one.

Hugs to you dear Linda--

haha I''m so glad I could remind you of that peeing squirrel.
3.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ditto on Mara''s toe ring. Wasn''t there a bit of suspense leading up to her disclosure. Her cupcakes and posts on fage!

Gosh, I''ve forgotten so much, nice to see what everyone else remembers.

"The Brick" from Dee Jay and then her search for a yellow diamond. Her dog, Demon wasn''t it?

Reena''s ring and the process was one of the first I followed very closely. Her wedding venue was gorgeous.

There is soooo much. I hope we all continue to make deposits in our memory bank from PS.
(now if I could only remember them)
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another favorite long ago thread of mine, was the Ugly Ring thread that Reena started. Some of the captions were priceless. I almost wet my pants reading them.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, Linda, Skippy:
thank you.
LS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 10:49:49 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 10:48:04 PM
Author: monarch64

Date: 3/27/2009 10:45:31 PM
This one still makes me laugh till I pee myself.....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/theres-a-squirrel-peeing-on-my-doormat.95026/

LS
omg, are those squirrel testicles? good god, they are. It might be time to say lights out for Monnie.
23.gif
Just kidding.
9.gif
You gotta read the thread.....it gets worse!!!
9.gif

LS
I read some of it (HILARIOUS), then quickly realized I''d missed that thread b/c that was about one week after I''d started my current job and wasn''t about to try going on PS while at work! I totally missed it and am so sorry! See, you can''t leave PS even for a day, because there is bound to be something worthwhile going on.
38.gif
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:04:23 PM
Author: monarch64
I read some of it (HILARIOUS), then quickly realized I''d missed that thread b/c that was about one week after I''d started my current job and wasn''t about to try going on PS while at work! I totally missed it and am so sorry! See, you can''t leave PS even for a day, because there is bound to be something worthwhile going on.
38.gif
9.gif
I do not believe Miz Ellen has provided an update or even let us know if Mr. Ellen resolved the problem...hmmm will have to ask in that thread..
LS

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmmm there is really to many to mention; some happy, some sad, some heart breaking, some funny, some infuriating, and some just plain weird but all are a part of what makes PS what it is.

Angelo''s triumph will always have a place in my heart.
He will forever be PS''s little fighter.

Many peoples triumphs over serious heath issues.

The passing of RockDoc will forever be in my heart.

One of my favorite moments was when DiaGem relieved he had cut a monster asscher I designed.

You wanted funny moments so I will close with the storm new years faq which is still true today as it was then:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-years-newbie-faq-strmrdr-style.11513/

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw shucks, I love chatting with you too, coati! And same to you, Skippy! I have lots of good memories of PS...hard to believe I''ve been posting here for over 2 years!

I love so many PSers, but I remember from way back Ellen and Kaleigh being friendly to me when I was still a newbie! Also Gypsy, and I remember bonding with Surfgirl when she was getting her ring. And of course Skippy has always been super sweet and fun and I remember her from when I was first posting, too.

I really bonded with Freke over shoes in her shoe thread, Moonwater, ksinger, EBree, maggieb, zhuzhu (and more people I''m sure I''m forgetting) over politics, I liked coati from the get go and chatting in her Who''s Who, I''ve always thought me and neatfreak would get along well in real life. I know I''m leaving people out but those peeps come to mind immediately!

And of course I love our PS supagranny Linda W and I always enjoy the verbal spankings she doles out when necessary, provided they''re not directed at me!
6.gif
Oops, just named a bunch of fun people instead of actual events I remember! I guess that goes to show how important long-time members are to PS!

Hmm...I mostly got wrapped up in ATW but I do remember well all the great rings PSers have gotten. Moonwater''s e-ring (especially with her Legacy band!), coati''s GORGEOUS JM bezel, Gypsy''s halo, Cehra''s cushion, Surfgirl''s e-ring...I know I''m leaving tons out but those come to mind off the top of my head!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:27:05 PM
Author: strmrdr

You wanted funny moments so I will close with the storm new years faq which is still true today as it was then:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-years-newbie-faq-strmrdr-style.11513/

Lol Storm. That is a riot-I had never seen that thread before.

Thanks for sharing!

I have too many memories to list right now (my MIL is here and I am exhausted) but one of the things that meant the most is just the outpouring of kindhearted gestures and words that people have shared as we all hit many bumpy times in the road. What a great place!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when Alj actually yelled "UNCLE"
23.gif
after she lost an argument to David. everybody on PS was in shock !!. i thought it was thee end of the world.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I was rolling on the floor laughing when the Great Avatar Swap happened. PS hilarity at its finest.
36.gif

I found so much support here when I was dealing with my broken engagement two years ago. I will also never forget the kindness shown to me by the people of this board during my mother's cancer treatments.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:49:10 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
when Alj actually yelled ''UNCLE''
23.gif
after she lost an argument to David. everybody on PS was in shock !!. i thought it was thee end of the world.
I remember that... She is and always will be the most articulate poster I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
36.gif
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could not leave this thread without a post about how thankful Wifey2b and myself are for the outpouring of love and support during our surgeries and recovery.
We will always remember and treasure those words.

When I broke my tooth and when tiger went missing also as well as other times.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results