shape
carat
color
clarity

A walk down memory lane....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:34:19 PM
Author: thing2of2
Aw shucks, I love chatting with you too, coati! And same to you, Skippy! I have lots of good memories of PS...hard to believe I''ve been posting here for over 2 years!

I love so many PSers, but I remember from way back Ellen and Kaleigh being friendly to me when I was still a newbie! Also Gypsy, and I remember bonding with Surfgirl when she was getting her ring. And of course Skippy has always been super sweet and fun and I remember her from when I was first posting, too.

I really bonded with Freke over shoes in her shoe thread, Moonwater, ksinger, EBree, maggieb, zhuzhu (and more people I''m sure I''m forgetting) over politics, I liked coati from the get go and chatting in her Who''s Who, I''ve always thought me and neatfreak would get along well in real life. I know I''m leaving people out but those peeps come to mind immediately!

And of course I love our PS supagranny Linda W and I always enjoy the verbal spankings she doles out when necessary, provided they''re not directed at me!
6.gif
Oops, just named a bunch of fun people instead of actual events I remember! I guess that goes to show how important long-time members are to PS!

Hmm...I mostly got wrapped up in ATW but I do remember well all the great rings PSers have gotten. Moonwater''s e-ring (especially with her Legacy band!), coati''s GORGEOUS JM bezel, Gypsy''s halo, Cehra''s cushion, Surfgirl''s e-ring...I know I''m leaving tons out but those come to mind off the top of my head!

thing, you are one poster, who I get the biggest kick out of. You make me howl at your postings and come-backs. I adore your personality. I wish you didn''t live so far away because I would love to meet you in person. I would never give you a verbal spanking, you would probably give me one first. ha ha ha ha.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 10:32:36 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Date: 3/27/2009 9:51:25 PM

Author: Linda W

Great thread Lisa,

Most important for me was LostSapphire and her quest to ''get rid of the horrible Monster''. My heart broke for her because she was in such terrible pain. Sometimes I wanted to post to her, but I didn''t know what to say. When I did post, I just wanted to reach through the computer and give her a hug.
emcry.gif

thank you LInda

it just dawned on me I am only 8-1/2 weeks post op and some days I don''t even think about the MONSTER!

LS

Just had to pop in to say... YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''ll be back later to list some of my other most memorable threads...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
God. So many memories.

I too, want to thank everyone for all their support with my mom, my wedding (and FINALLY getting me to the altar), and Duncan''s illness.

The squirel, oh god I''d forgotten about that.

Nan''s Angelo. All those surgeries for one so small, and those pics of him with you Lisa, and of the Seven''s family (and her hunk of a son and gorgeous girl). The navy choir performance with Seven''s daughter. WOW.

Thing2 you make me howl too, thank you for remembering my ring! I love your current cat AV. And your wedding dress!!!

And yes, all the friendships. And the amazing support and laughter and the occassional kick in the pants.

So much time. Valeria''s help with my first querries, and how awed I was with her knowledge. Tacori''s wedding, Tessa, and the Tessa band. Isaku''s quest for an asscher, all of her posts and being my cheerleader (and John''s biggest fan...lol).

I can''t even START to name names of people who have touched me on here. The list would just be too long.

Irina''s Swan and all her photoshop help! The first time I saw the BelleIrina, and how happy I was when I saw the donation to charity.

But the some of the people I miss the most are: Widget, KristyDarling, Blue, DKS, Belle, Indy....

Thank you Skippy for the honor of the mentions of my ring and my kitty. Coati... I always remember you devious and creative thread on the ''heist''... thank you for the pendant praise. I can''t wait to get it (two weeks!).

The Ugly Ring thread. LMAO. So funny. I think they renamed it the ''unique'' ring thread? No?

Can someone link me to: The photomicrography of Proteus? I missed that and have a feeling there is hilarity in there.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 1:01:50 AM
Author: Gypsy
God. So many memories.

I too, want to thank everyone for all their support with my mom, my wedding (and FINALLY getting me to the altar), and Duncan''s illness.

Nan''s Angelo. All those surgeries for one so small, and those pics of him with you Lisa, and of the Seven''s family (and her hunk of a son and gorgeous girl). The navy choir performance with Seven''s daughter. WOW.

Thing2 you make me howl too, thank you for remembering my ring! I love your current cat AV. And your wedding dress!!!

And yes, all the friendships. And the amazing support and laughter and the occassional kick in the pants.

So much time. Valeria''s help with my first querries, and how awed I was with her knowledge. Tacori''s wedding, Tessa, and the Tessa band. Isaku''s quest for an asscher, all of her posts and being my cheerleader (and John''s biggest fan...lol).

I can''t even START to name names of people who have touched me on here. The list would just be too long.

Irina''s Swan and all her photoshop help! The first time I saw the BelleIrina, and how happy I was when I saw the donation to charity.

But the some of the people I miss the most are: Widget, KristyDarling, Blue, DKS, Belle, Indy....

Thank you Skippy for the honor of the mentions of my ring and my kitty. Coati... I always remember you devious and creative thread on the ''heist''... thank you for the pendant praise. I can''t wait to get it (two weeks!).

The Ugly Ring thread. LMAO. So funny. I think they renamed it the ''unique'' ring thread? No?

Can someone link me to: The photomicrography of Proteus? I missed that and have a feeling there is hilarity in there.

Yes Gypsy, you are right they did rename the thread. For the newbies, who never saw this thread here it is. It is hilarious.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/unique-and-unusual-post-them-here.18524/

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
This is a great idea Kaleigh

Firstly I think of all the wonderful people I talk to on here and the friends I have made. We share and a wonderful sense of community - even when I was nubb and asked the stupidest of diamond questions all the paitent answers and support I recieved was so nice and welcoming. I think of all the good times, like being on the LIW list and now graduating to the BWW forum and planning weddings together. I remember the sad momments for a few of our members...and feeling devestated for people I have and likely will never meet.

Avatar wise one of most memorable is T-Gals''s labour avatar comes to mind - which was utterly hilarious still makes me laugh when I think about it.

The emotie bashing wars between Canak, Lozza and Ellen always make giggle.

That is all I can think of at the momment but I am sure more will come to mind

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 2:49:24 AM
Author: Deelight
This is a great idea Kaleigh

Firstly I think of all the wonderful people I talk to on here and the friends I have made. We share and a wonderful sense of community - even when I was nubb and asked the stupidest of diamond questions all the paitent answers and support I recieved was so nice and welcoming. I think of all the good times, like being on the LIW list and now graduating to the BWW forum and planning weddings together. I remember the sad momments for a few of our members...and feeling devestated for people I have and likely will never meet.

Avatar wise one of most memorable is T-Gals's labour avatar comes to mind - which was utterly hilarious still makes me laugh when I think about it.

The emotie bashing wars between Canak, Lozza and Ellen always make giggle.

That is all I can think of at the momment but I am sure more will come to mind
hehe23.gif

I have so many wonderful memories, too many to list but here are some.

Pie of course, courtesy of our beloved Alj! Classic!

Irina, what a wonderful lady she is - she will always have a very special place in my heart. Our great new mods who have done such a fantastic job!!

Kimmy's ugly christmas ornament each year, I love it when Tgal and I go on the hunt to see who can find the worst ones!
snicker.gif

Angello - storm once said everyone on PS claims him as their own and I quite agree. All of the long term PSers take joy in watching him grow and thrive over the years!

Tgal's labour avvie - LOL!! The roach and backpack!

My Bruddahs - Maisie, Dezza, AJ, NEU and Ellen.
topsy.gif

The widdling squirrel thread - ROFL!!!!

Watching friends like Tacori, Tgal and the other ladies become Mommies and seeing their children grow.

LSapphire's courageous battle - thank goodness she is feeling so much better and the monster is dead!!

Ally's accident.

Deco's smoking Santa
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am humbled by how many of you mentioned my little girl!
5.gif

Skippy, it is crazy to think that my major life milestones are documented on PS. Pretty cool! I will always remember getting my 10K post right before yours and getting our matching earrings
2.gif

Linda, you ARE T''s honorary Nana!

Monnie, every time I see our china I think of you! You have SUCH good taste.
9.gif
Haha.

Holly, often I feel like my username is SO uncreative but since it brought you to this forum I would say I picked the perfect one!

Gypsy, is it sad I feel like my Tessa ring means more to be than my wedding band? Haha. It''s crazy to think how much has happened in all of our lives over the last few years. I loved following your search/design for your perfect ring and will always remember the class you showed when you would out it was being copied.

Lor, it is hard to believe that she is a toddler now!
6.gif
I will always remember you as our #1 healthy cheerleader! Thanks for all the motivation.

My memories...well I will always remember Mara''s 10K toe rings since it happened right after I joined. How much help I got planning my wedding and loved, loved seeing all the wedding photos (gingerB, Jcrow, SDL just to name a few) and remember how funny it was when Jcrow stopped to comment on MY photos during HER honeymoon. Haha. I will always remember how excited I was to finally share my pregnancy news on PS and no one seemed to guess it which was funny b/c I was participating in the preggo thread before I let the cat out of the bag. I will always cherish the PS offspring who I got the pleasure of following them from pregnancy to toddlerhood. I almost feel like they are my nieces and nephews and still think it would be a blast to do one big PS kids GTG.
1.gif
I will always remember the long journey many took to find their perfect e-rings (some still on it) like Gypsy, MrsS and Cehra. Reminds me to wait to get what I REALLY want instead of settling for something. Most of all I will always remember the love and support that really is on this board. Through illness, death, marriage, births, moves, job loss, broken hearts...there is always support. I think that''s amazing.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 1:01:50 AM
Author: Gypsy
God. So many memories.

Yeah, I miss Widget too. And Blueroses, she helped my DD find an Emergency Clinic on DD''s first day in LA one time.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are lots of memories for me but the few that stick out in my mind are:

The support I receieved when James (and subsequently the whole family) had to be tested for genetic abnormalities. I will never forget how many people held us up in prayer and continue to ask how the little guy is doing. Thank you.

Independant Gal and the loss of her cubs.
7.gif

My Bruddahs (and I won''t start singing for fear Ellen might actually kill me)
9.gif

Linda telling helping me find the confidence to get help for my anxiety issues. I owe that lady such a lot.

Ellen''s fabulous Aqua recut!

Cehra and her ring buying process.

People tolerating my many changes of mind and upgrades! I am sure it drove a lot of you nuts but you were too polite to say so!

I am sure I will think of lots more and post again
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
The one that I always think of is TGal''s labour too as I had an exam that day and I remember sitting in the car on the computer before I went in and dying to hear what had happened and that she was ok!

Can''t think of anymore now but love how much everyone supports each other!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gosh, so many threads!

LS''s Monster thread.

Musey''s wedding.

I''ve loved getting to know so many of the LIWs and hearing their proposal stories.

I love reading through the PS Mommies thread and seeing all our little PSers-to-be grow up (especially my local rockstar baby, Miss Tessa).

I''ll be forever grateful to the posters who kept me company on what was the scariest night of my life, after a bad prescription from a doctor.

I love the updates on Angelo.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!" LOL

Coati''s reset. And the puddle of drool that is still on my floor from constantly staring at it.

The guest book. Hahahahahahahaa....

Indy and the cubs.
7.gif
I was so amazed by how positive she was, and the strength she had getting through the last few weeks, and that she came back to tell us about Sam and Isaac''s too-short lives.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when MC smashed her son''s TV with a hammer. i was
23.gif
and then
rotflmao2.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I loved TGal''s preggo avatar. I found myself just staring at it wobble up and down.....

I cried and cried and cried for Indy Gal and her cubs. I even cried telling DH about her loss.
15.gif

I love this ''show me the ring'' from Woobug: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-good-pictures-of-my-whiteflash-wrap.71000/

And this one from Ladyluvluxury: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sneak-preview-pics.34213/

Honestly there are too many high and low points to mention. PS is a great place and I am happy you have all ''had'' me.
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:18:02 PM
Author: monarch64
Crap, my post just got lost. It was super long and I''ll try to make another shorter version:

My favorite memories:

Mara and her 10k post gift--diamond toe rings! That was when I first registered on PS. Getting to know Mara on what used to be known as the ''Weekly Workout Thread'' and seeing her go through an awesome body transformation...also getting to know everyone on the workout thread--Lorelei, DeeJay, Rod, Skippy, obviously Mara, Marcy, and everyone else who''s participated in that thread, and seeing it evolve into the Healthy Lifestyle Thread within its own subforum has been awesome although I don''t frequent it these days.

SanDiegoLady''s wedding threads, ring threads, etc...loved following her story.

Decodelighted''s wedding thread and also any post she''s ever made, along with TravelingGal...I tend to ''clique'' the two of them in my mind like I did with Mara and AlJ, and put all four together and you have SATC--the PS version!

Storm and Wifey2Be''s story

Anything involving PIE--I wasn''t involved in the original thread but was aware of it and too newb to post! Enjoyable, nonetheless.

So many more, but I''m not going to make this longer for fear the computer will eat it again.
9.gif

ETA: being Tacori E-ring''s china twin and then getting to follow her story as she got pregnant and had Tessa and watching that adorable baby turn into a little girl.
This has happened to me - nothing worse. I never press the submit button now without first copying everything to the clipboard

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, here's mine (in no particular order). Please bear in mind I have a shorter PS memory than most of you.

LS's tumour. I used to lie in bed at night thinking of her, knowing she was two hours ahead of me but still awake and still in pain. I am so happy she is feeling better.

LS's Mangle Iron - No I still haven't heard from the woman with the Canadian one.

The loss of Indy's precious cubs - how is she? I don't see her posting these days?

The loss of Freke's lovely Mum. That one was too close to home, had to put PS down for a while. Hugs Liz

Ellen's aqua - goes without saying right?

Gypsie's Ocean ring - the reasons will become abundantly clear before too much longer.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good thread
36.gif
there has been alot of ugly stuff lately, which I always stay out of, this is all very good, thanks for starting a good postive thread
36.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I love the PS Mommies thread and the Preggo thread. We''ve shared so much over these threads and it''s great to have a place to turn to for advice, support or just to chat. I also love watching all of the babies grow up.

I always lurk but rarely comment in SMTR but I love that thread too. I live vicariously through so many of you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!

For me personally, was being in labor and blogging on Pricescope with Dani, my cyber nurse! Everyone was so supportive and when I finally had Amelia and read the many lovely posts, I remember thinking, "wow, there are people all over the world who are hoping you are here safe and sound kid!"

Also, when people thought I (or more specifically my av) was a roach.

Some other PS threads I remember -

Robbie being asked to be flower girl. She will forever have a gold star in my book for handling that one with grace and class.

Becky P''s last thread. What a doozy - I was actually floored she came back to post that!

I love KimberyH''s ornament thread every year.

DKS losing her door knob

Deco''s wedding - my weekend wedding buddy and still my fav wedding on PS. And speaking of Deco, her crazy obsession with TAYLOR HICKS!
31.gif

Some of the crazy enabling threads -

Crock pots
Bal bags (who knew a ton of women could easily run out and buy 1000 dollar bags??)
SI ultrasonics

Rings that have struck me -

Reena''s - I was still a lurker, but it totally struck me as different from anything I had ever seen at that time.
Lovey''s - one of my all time favs
Coati''s - by the time hers came around, nothing really stuck me as new and different. Hers did.
That pinkish/brownish/rose-ish diamond in the rose gold setting - same reason as Coati''s. Was bummed she never came back to post handshots
Ellens Aqua and the story of its making

There have been plenty of nasty or dramatic threads that I still remember (many of which were deleted), but I won''t mention them because most of it is probably better left unsaid. But I will mention one because it really just made me think, wow...and that would be:

Waffle House Wedding!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh yeah, did want to mention SDL''s wedding as my fav. Just all the work she put into it - loved her message in a bottle invites! Plus I loved that this was not her first wedding and she finally found her prince charming this time!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waffle House wedding?? TGal, I must have missed this one?? Any hints?
34.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:00:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Waffle House wedding?? TGal, I must have missed this one?? Any hints?
34.gif
It was deleted Kaleigh. But it really showed how disgustingly elitist some women can be.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will never forget the kindness I recieved when my Nanny died.
Or that Bill Pearman replaced the eternity band that was stolen from her while she was in the nursing home. I used my 10K post gift for that. Sadly I got it the week after she died, but she knew about it. She also knew about PS and said OH my, people there are so caring, why is that??

I love the preggo thread. When I started it, there were only a handful of PS''ers that were pregnant. Now it''s a full blown PS baby boom, and love seeing them as they grow up. Too fun!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG everyone has such great memories. I didn't even remember half of them, I guess that is what happens when you are here 5+ years, haha. There are way too many to mention, and a lot that have already been mentioned multiple times, but here are a few.

The original crew from the time I joined... Garry, Rich S, RockDoc, Leonid, Alj, CanadianGrrl, F&I. Ahh the times we had!! Daphne...knee high boots.

Watching PS grow from just RT to encompass a Cafe and then boom into all the forums we have now, with all the diversity.

Sharing wedding and house planning with Alj as we were doing them both almost at the same time.

The first SFBay meet, so many people all together in one spot, amazing! And being lucky enough to become friends with a few fab ladies and share in each other's obsessions.

Realizing what a small world it is when we were walking down the street one day in a local neighborhood with Portia, and a gal recognized me from PS!
6.gif

Watching people's lives grow and evolve. Weddings, divorces, lots and lots of babies... TG's labor!

Projects...oh way too many to mention. Ones I will always remember: Alj's necklace, KD's massive 3.5c, Slammie's stunner, Precious Jewels as my dream ring. The Ritani obsession I had. The WF 5c. *drool*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, we need you around more to start those shopping threads.
31.gif
You started bal. Plus I think you always started spring and fall fashion must haves. And who could forget your LONG and awesome J/SI upgrade thread!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:46:06 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Mara, we need you around more to start those shopping threads.
31.gif
You started bal. Plus I think you always started spring and fall fashion must haves. And who could forget your LONG and awesome J/SI upgrade thread!!
I agree. What were the pants she loved in the Spring? Charlotte something or other?? I am not spelling it correctly...But they were very porpular, as I recal....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha I love my Charlotte pants. I need some new pairs for this year and not sure if they are still around.

But I''d make a horrible shopping thread starter right now, because all of my ''fun'' shopping is on hold! My biggest purchases now are home items.

Clothes...TARGET has some amazingly cute spring things and cheap..love them. Jeans are classic, thank goodness.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:11:41 AM
Author: Mara
ha ha I love my Charlotte pants. I need some new pairs for this year and not sure if they are still around.

But I''d make a horrible shopping thread starter right now, because all of my ''fun'' shopping is on hold! My biggest purchases now are home items.

Clothes...TARGET has some amazingly cute spring things and cheap..love them. Jeans are classic, thank goodness.
Ash loves Target, was telling me scored big on her last trip. Got lots of great pieces for the Spring.

Congrats on the new house, I hope once you are settled you can share some pics with us. I bet Miiss Portia is loving a back yard, etc... How fun.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:11:41 AM

OMG, that''s right! Even *I* succumbed to the Charlotte pants thing!

I do all my shopping these days at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Loehmans, and only on the clearance racks. What can I say..we''re saving for a house in cali!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:21:56 AM

I do all my shopping these days at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Loehmans, and only on the clearance racks. What can I say..we're saving for a house in cali!

_____

and we're paying for two in Cali. We should both have our heads examined.
41.gif

Kaleigh...we are settled in and we like it more and more now, it's hard to move and get re-adjusted, a whole new routine etc. I do want to post some photos but don't want to start my own thread...maybe I will revive my 'Who is Mara' in the WW and post in there.
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:21:11 AM
Date: 3/29/2009 1:21:56 AM

I do all my shopping these days at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Loehmans, and only on the clearance racks. What can I say..we''re saving for a house in cali!

_____

and we''re paying for two in Cali. We should both have our heads examined.
41.gif

Kaleigh...we are settled in and we like it more and more now, it''s hard to move and get re-adjusted, a whole new routine etc. I do want to post some photos but don''t want to start my own thread...maybe I will revive my ''Who is Mara'' in the WW and post in there.
5.gif
Oh please do!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results