shape
carat
color
clarity

A Visit to Tiffany's!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today janetjoan and I went to Tiffany's and out to lunch! It was in the high 60's and sunny and we even ate lunch outdoors at an Italian restaurant! We decided this is the life! :bigsmile:

Janetjoan was kind enough to take pictures with her phone, and the salesman was SO nice and happy to show us lots of rings, even ones we didn't ask to see! My goal was to try on bands with this setting for all considering the setting to see, especially blueiris! Please understand that we were only able to take one shot of most rings and they aren't the same quality as with a good camera, but hopefully you can see that ALL the rings looked good with the setting! :bigsmile: Yes, every one. I am convinced this is why this e-ring setting is a classic...it goes with all their classic bands! It will take me several posts to post them all.

For starters, the diamond bands:

bands.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, the shared prong rings, starting with the 9 stone, .27 ct., then the 7 stone, .56 ct.

9 stone .27cts.jpg

7 stone, 8 pts., .56cts.jpg

7 stone, .56cts.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next is the 2.86 shared prong eternity which has around 14-15 point stones. I found it to be a little thick between my fingers, but I am sure I could get used to this one as a standalone band! It is too big to wear with the e-ring, really, but you could if you wore a spacer. It will stick out further than the e-ring on the sides. Janetjoan liked this one, too! (This is sna's wife's first Tiffany band)

2.86eternity2.jpg

2.86eternity1.jpg

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm interrupting the flow of photos, but just had to thank you (and janetjoan) for the photos! It is so helpful to those, like me, who don't have any way to try things on. I truly appreciate it!!

Dinner preparation is going on hold until I've viewed all the photos! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, the wider Legacy band at 3.2mm and 1.2 cts., and a channel set band (did not get weight on this one). These are the last of the wedding bands. There are more fun rings to see after this, though!!!

Legacyband1 1.2cts.jpg

Legacyband2.jpg

channelset.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, now for other rings.....a .30 and .70 solitaire etoile...(and I would like to have one of these)

Etoile .32.jpg

Etoile .70.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Bezet heart and a Lucida....

Bezet heart.jpg

Lucida1.jpg

Lucida2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, in case you have a spare $80k+, a nice D IF........(hard to even tell it was D in their lighting, though)....

D IF $80k+.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And probably my favorite of the day...the Tiffany Legacy with graduated side stones, 1.9 ct. center stone, E VVS :love: ...

(And no, we didn't buy a thing! :bigsmile: Many thanks to janetjoan for a fun day!)

Legacy1 1.9cts.jpg

Legacy2.jpg

Legacy3.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been waiting to post after the end of the bling show! Dinner has had to wait until I had seen enough photos!

What a fantastic day you two had!!! Love all those photos - thank you soooo much for taking photos for those of us who can not get to a Tiffany's (and for those who can, i'm sure this is still much appreciated!)

And you bought .... NOTHING??? What self control!!!!

Thanks again DS!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just for the record, here's my own 2mm Legacy band just to make the thread complete!

IMG_2894.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! My husband just called on his way home and I told him to bring home take-out! I have been much too busy to cook! :lol:

Enerchi...the prices there force one to have lots of self-control! :bigsmile:

blueiris, please ask questions if you have any!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just getting ready to email you to see how your day went! Did you decide anything for yourself? I know you plan to wear the legacy most of the time, but will you do a 9 stone or eternity with larger stones?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think for your diamond the legacy or the .56ct half eternity worked best!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1328225560|3117746 said:
I was just getting ready to email you to see how your day went! Did you decide anything for yourself? I know you plan to wear the legacy most of the time, but will you do a 9 stone or eternity with larger stones?

I would like another band, and I did like the two smaller shared prong bands better than my ring with 10-11 pointers. The little one was quite pretty, but it is small like my Legacy band, so it may not make much sense for me to get another band with tiny stones. The large Legacy actually looked better in person than it did in the pictures (really a beautiful ring), but I am not sure about getting the same style I already have in a larger size. Really, all of them were pretty and all were low enough for the e-ring. I think the dilemma with the idea of a full eternity is the sizing issue. I am just not sure about taking that risk since I already have the Legacy band which can't be sized.

The salesman did think my e-ring was Tiffany for a minute, but I did tell him it was a high quality reproduction and he agreed that it was a very nice one!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1328225869|3117755 said:
I think for your diamond the legacy or the .56ct half eternity worked best!

Both of those were beautiful! Really hard to choose!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and You know I adore the classic solitaire but I seriously love the Lucida too :love:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again, DS - what a FUN show! It's been really enjoyable seeing the different band and the rings. I love that beautiful Legacy ring. Wow! :love:

What are your thoughts for yourself, for an alternate to your Legacy (not necessarily Tiffany - just as far as style)?

As for me, judging by the photos, I still love the 7-stone 8 point shared prong ring with this setting! I like the narrower one as well (like sna's wife is getting) and I also like both Legacy bands. How did you feel about the wider Legacy with your ring? I do also like the channel set ring - as you said, you can't go wrong with this setting with most any band. But my favorite remains the shared prong .56 ct. As we talked about before, I will have to give serious consideration to that in a full eternity, I think (eek).

Edit: Ha ha, you already answered my questions while I was typing! :D

Edit again: Yes, the sizing issue for the full eternity ... that's a huge potential problem. It will be with any eternity but with the cost of the Tiffany, somehow it's more significant!

Edit yet again: Just saw the photo of your ring outside! So jealous of your beautiful weather, too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
janetjoan just sent me a pic she took at lunch!

IMG-20120202-00639.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueiris|1328226444|3117773 said:
Thank you again, DS - what a FUN show! It's been really enjoyable seeing the different band and the rings. I love that beautiful Legacy ring. Wow! :love:

What are your thoughts for yourself, for an alternate to your Legacy (not necessarily Tiffany - just as far as style)?

As for me, judging by the photos, I still love the 7-stone 8 point shared prong ring with this setting! I like the narrower one as well (like sna's wife is getting) and I also like both Legacy bands. How did you feel about the wider Legacy with your ring? I do also like the channel set ring - as you said, you can't go wrong with this setting with most any band. But my favorite remains the shared prong .56 ct. As we talked about before, I will have to give serious consideration to that in a full eternity, I think (eek).

That larger Legacy band is gorgeous! I think janetjoan liked it best. I think it had the presence that the full eternity of around 8 pointers would have, but it is less expensive because it's stones are not 8 points, obviously. I think the 8 point stones are beautiful, though, big enough to be significant but not too big to take away from the diamond e-ring. The little one was gorgeous, too! Honestly, if I were younger and could collect one every 5 years, I'd take one of each!

A long time ago when I first tried them on, I did choose the 7 stone, .56 band. I sort of regret not having gotten that one at the time.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- I love the legacy :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1328227064|3117785 said:
Wow- I love the legacy :)

It was really amazing! Obviously that will only be in my dreams, but I was inspired to think of a similar custom design with a square or square cushion colored stone, perhaps.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the 7 stone .56! :love: :love: They are all beautiful though and look fantastic with your ring. Sounds like an idyllic day!! :razz:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, you're not kidding everything looks great with that setting! there's a reason it's a classic!

hmmm, it all makes sense now. this setting lets you have it all, for those of us who love so many looks and can never decide on just one. the ering stays simple & beautiful and you change the band depending upon your mood. pair with the plain band for those days when you want the diamond to take center stage. pair it with a smaller diamond band for those days when you want something more. finally, pair it with a bigger diamond band for 'i'm in the mood for some serious bling' days (and go shared prong on this one since it would likely get limited use and less damage). heck, throw in an engraved victor canera band and you've also covered your 'feeling vintage' days! yahtzee!! :D

'course i'm just late the party and most have figured this out already, but i'm still having fun with my epiphany!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsS...yes, the Lucida was beautiful. All of their settings and diamonds are really outstanding.

Christina...good choice! I do think the .56 is a ring that one would never tire of!

rainydaze...yes!!! MrsS and I have talked about this a million times! There are sets that I love such as Van Craeynest, but when it came down to it, I just had to stick with the classic solitaire and add bands for variety! The Legacy bands have milgrain which also give me that hint of antique look!

I did try on a Tiffany swing band, which was gorgeous, but we didn't take a picture of that one since it really wasn't great as a wedding band. It would be pretty with a thin diamond eternity on each side of it, though!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328226915|3117782 said:
blueiris|1328226444|3117773 said:

That larger Legacy band is gorgeous! I think janetjoan liked it best. I think it had the presence that the full eternity of around 8 pointers would have, but it is less expensive because it's stones are not 8 points, obviously. I think the 8 point stones are beautiful, though, big enough to be significant but not too big to take away from the diamond e-ring. The little one was gorgeous, too! Honestly, if I were younger and could collect one every 5 years, I'd take one of each!

A long time ago when I first tried them on, I did choose the 7 stone, .56 band. I sort of regret not having gotten that one at the time.

I know, I've been wondering if I should have just kept the .56 band I had instead of sending it back! But even just sitting quietly with it on, it was turning around and I know I would be annoyed in very short order by having to turn it the right way all the time. For that reason, I think I'll end up with a full eternity of some kind.

I really do like the 3.2mm Legacy, too. I've looked at that online and wondered how it would look so it's good to know that you think it has presence. I also like the hint of antique with the milgrain. That might be a better alternative to a plain band for me, really. Hmmm.

I LOVE the swing bands! But they didn't look good as a wedding band? I've wondered about that because I would definitely want one for an alternate band, if they did look good. Have you seen the one sort of like that on JbEG's site, with sapphires (it's called the Jessica)? I covet that ring.

Edit: I forgot to tell you that as of yesterday, I decided to go for it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue iris....Yay!!! :appl: I am so happy you have decided! It will be mega-gorgeous with your amazing diamond for sure!!! I am 100% satisfied. I just love the look of the classic Tiffany and all their bands (or other repros). There is no way to capture the sparkle in the Legacy e-ring or wedding band. They were just beautiful pieces. My little band is beautiful. But there was more of it with the wider band! :bigsmile: The shared prong band that is under 2 cts. would be beautiful, too, no doubt.

This is the swing band they had:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00044&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+swing&search=1

I think it could be worn if there was another thin band below it (as in, the swing band in the middle). It didn't look great by itself with the e-ring. I LOVE all those kinds of bands including JBEG and BevK. But I don't think I could order any of them without trying them on.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, didnt you ladies have a fun day??? !!! :naughty:

I just love the .56 tcw band with your ring....SO GORGEOUS!!!! And the Legacy...STUNNING!!!!! Don't you just love Tiff's????

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1328233965|3117908 said:
WOW, didnt you ladies have a fun day??? !!! :naughty:

I just love the .56 tcw band with your ring....SO GORGEOUS!!!! And the Legacy...STUNNING!!!!! Don't you just love Tiff's????

Yes, I know Tiffany's gets a bad rap here sometimes, but other than the prices, they surely do have beautiful rings and jewelry!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Tiffany's. . . the ultimate field trip!! Just love the pictures of all the rings - it's such a fun place to go play. As an alternative, I think I like the 7 stone .56 band the best. I still am really taken with the thinner bands with the ering as I like that main diamond to be the star. Thanks for sharing your day with us!

BlueIris, did you send your stone to be set in the Vatche setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results