shape
carat
color
clarity

A visit to Danhov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I was able to go to Danhov yesterday for a chance to view their beautiful rings in person at their main office in LA. They were kind to accomodate me because their offices are currently undergoing a major remodeling. Shant showed me the rings, and took me to introduce me to the designer, Jack. Their rings were beautiful, great craftsmanship, and they even showed me some of their upcoming couture rings (a little extra omph for some of their current designs), along with completed rings of some designs that are about to be added to their line
36.gif
-I don''t think I can say what they look like yet, but they were really pretty! They also showed me a lot of incredible photos of prior rings they have done. They pulled out the tubetto ring, which is an incredibly detailed work of craftsmanship, extremely impressive in person. I actually don''t think the photos do the ring justice. Incredible detail! Each one of those little tubes is filled with a stone and done by hand!!! The one I saw had a yellow diamond in a platinum setting with the yellow gold accents/''tubes'' with the tiny yellow diamonds in each of the tubes (they didn''t have the rose gold one at the office that day). James Allen uses a photo of one of those in his ads sometimes. I think that ring is definitely deserving of someone who appreciates a ring as a form of art, not just something to hold a stone! It will no doubt get noticed and plenty of comments because it is so unusual and detailed!
I would have loved to see the ME-30 that day (I loved pics from a recent post someone did), but it was out at the time.

For those who are interested, some of their designs were also made to sit completely flush with a wedding band (such as the meno ME-1). They fit perfectly side by side.

I also learned that Shant may be giving us a webinar soon (he already had the camera in his office, courtesy of Jim Schultz of James Allen!), I hope he is able to find time in between all the remodeling! They were great people, and I really appreciate that they allowed me to come and physically see the rings in person! I just wanted to let people know that their rings are very beautiful in person, great craftsmanship!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I have always admired their halo settings. I bet it was exciting to see what''s to come!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lucky you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, what fun! I like one of their split shank settings, too! It''s good to hear the quality is very good!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Their ME6 is a great split shank! I was like
30.gif
30.gif
when I tried it on! Their couture version of it hasn''t been added yet, and will be a bit pricier, but has even more bling effect (if you can believe that!) due to the slight changes in the way the stones are mounted (a little more bling, a little less metal). I do think the ME6 actually looked a little better in the larger stone version than the smaller stone version - the detail somehow seemed more apparent when their was a little more surface area to work with (the shank was able to split a little more, etc)

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:18:27 PM
Author::)

I would have loved to see the ME-30 that day (I loved pics from a recent post someone did), but it was out at the time.

I was the one who did the post about the ME-30 and guess what... that sample was in San Francisco so that I could view it! LOL! I had a jeweler call it in. I saw it this weekend and I LOVE IT!!! It''s the one I''m going to get.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results