shape
carat
color
clarity

A Tiffany Anniversary

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was my 34th wedding anniversary - :appl: ! My DH took me to Tiffany's to have another look at a wedding band I had tried on there about a month ago. I had the Tiffany Bezet and loved the ring but it hid underneath of my ering so I never felt that you got the full effect of it. I had toyed around with resetting my three stone so that a wedding band wouldn't set so flush with it. However, I like my setting and the only two reasons I would do it would be a) to have a donut or something for the center stone so a wedding band wouldn't sit flush and b) to change the prongs on the sidestones to three instead of four. However, the prongs on the stones are so small that in the end I figured you wouldn't see much of a difference. I was also afraid that a center head that would create a gap would also have a seesaw effect so that it would create 'wobble' when next to the wedding band.

So, I decided to change the band. This is the Tiffany channel set band, 18 kt. yellow gold, .78 carat, size 5.5. I did not want big stones to compete with the ering but I did like the small ribbon of white diamonds as opposed to the mainly yellow gold Bezet. I love the contrast of white diamonds and yellow gold but like more of the first and less of the last. This seemed to fit the bill and hubby loved the look so it was Happy Anniversary to me!! It was a wonderful day - who doesn't love a special gift from Tiffany?

Here are a few quickly snapped pics - not the best quality but hopefully you get the idea!

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
wow that looks perfect! Happy anniversary! I love it!!!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR, I LOVE those together!!! :love: I am 100% with you on loving the little ribbon of diamonds beneath the e-ring! It adds beauty but does not compete with the e-ring! We have been married 34 years, too! That was so sweet of your hubby to actually go to Tiffany's!!! Mine was very happy to tell me over the phone to go ahead and buy my Legacy band because he was just as happy not to have to go there! :lol: I do love the Tiffany bands! They have such a beautiful classic collection!

Happy anniversary! I think you made a great choice! :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think you couldn't have made a more perfect choice!! It looks like it was made to go with your e-ring and I love it! Happy Anniversary!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, what a special anniversary present :) congratulations on 34 years! the band is beautiful and looks great with your gorgeous ring!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! 34 years is certainly something to celebrate. Your band is gorgeous and goes great with your beautiful ering.

Liv69

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement. Your ring is so pretty - wear it and enjoy it in good health!

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary and your gorgeous new ring. I love channel set bands, and I think it perfectly complements your 3 stone ring.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies for your good wishes and the compliments - I so appreciate it. I have a special place in my heart for Tiffany pieces - the quality and the workmanship are just superb. The stones are just as smooth as silk as is the inside of the band. Each one of these little stones has arrows and are so sparkly! DH said he could tell they were good stones because of how they sparkled - I told him he must have drank the PS Koolaid too - ha!

This was a different Tiffany's than the one I usually visit. I had been there about a month ago with some friends and that was when I first tried on the band. I had never really considered a channel set band but everyone loved it with my ring. It just keeps with the same clean lines that I love. The sales associate couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating even though it was pretty clear that day that we were only looking and not buying. However, her warm, friendly customer service made me want to return to that store for the purchase. Hubby had already put the ring on my finger so she took my Bezet band and wrapped it up in the box with the satin ribbon. She also gave me a box with Tiffany jewelry cleaner wrapped up with the satin ribbon too - a small gesture but so kind and thoughtful. It was a wonderful experience and I've found myself another Tiffany store to deal with - even though I have no plans for any future purchases. There were several young men in the store looking at erings - I heard one say that he wanted to compare the G to the H stone again and I wanted to jump across the counter to help him - ha! Then I thought no, he'll see for himself that there really isn't much of a difference at all and he will buy the H!

We had a wonderful lunch at Clyde's and then dinner with my son and DIL - a very special day made possible because this anniversary fell on a weekend. We were married at 6:00 p.m. 34 years ago and that was of course the predicted time of the rapture. Guess we'll always remember this one!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You made the perfect choice. It compliments your ring well, beautiful :love: . Happy anniversary!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MGR I totally love it! I have been waffling about a channel set band for a long time. I recall going to Tiffany and trying theirs and thinking they were so wonderful with a solitaire. But you really cannot find any other such beautiful channel set bands at any other B&M stores. The quality at Tiffany for these types of rings is just so high!

Congrats on 34 years, I wish you another 34!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR
happy #34.. :appl: beautiful ring.. :love: :appl: .. i love YG too but then it really shows our age.. :lol:

ps..channel settings are nice and you can wear it w/o a spacer ring b/c it won't chew up the Ering.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Anniversary! Pretty ring.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1306119372|2928082 said:
MGR I totally love it! I have been waffling about a channel set band for a long time. I recall going to Tiffany and trying theirs and thinking they were so wonderful with a solitaire. But you really cannot find any other such beautiful channel set bands at any other B&M stores. The quality at Tiffany for these types of rings is just so high!

Congrats on 34 years, I wish you another 34!

Thanks Dreamer - you could definitely buy a band like this much more inexpensively but the quality of this band is like no other - I love the feel of it as much as the look!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1306111310|2927993 said:
MGR, I LOVE those together!!! :love: I am 100% with you on loving the little ribbon of diamonds beneath the e-ring! It adds beauty but does not compete with the e-ring! We have been married 34 years, too! That was so sweet of your hubby to actually go to Tiffany's!!! Mine was very happy to tell me over the phone to go ahead and buy my Legacy band because he was just as happy not to have to go there! :lol: I do love the Tiffany bands! They have such a beautiful classic collection!

Happy anniversary! I think you made a great choice! :appl:

DS I know you love their bands too - I saw yours in the case and it is exquisite. We were laughing about 34 years and remembering back to our wedding. I don't think we could have wrapped our minds around what 34 years would or could have meant at that time. It's definitely a milestone and such a blessing - happy 34 to you as well! Maybe year 35 will be a big trip or something!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1306129062|2928153 said:
MGR
happy #34.. :appl: beautiful ring.. :love: :appl: .. i love YG too but then it really shows our age.. :lol:

ps..channel settings are nice and you can wear it w/o a spacer ring b/c it won't chew up the Ering.

Or our good taste! I love the white metals too but started with yellow and have just stuck with it. I still love the contrast and the feeling that this was 'my era'! We are oldies but goodies!!

I hear you too on the channel set - I have never been a huge fan of eternity bands because of the wear and tear on the underside but these stones are somewhat protected by the thin bands of gold that they are set in so I'm hoping it will be OK. Shared prong rings just don't quite go with my setting somehow so the channel set was the way to go for me!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, happy anniversairy dear!!! Wow...34 years together! It's such a huge accomplishment :appl:
Now...as far as your new ring is concerned... I can't believe how AMAZING this band looks with your ER :love: :love: :love: These two rings look as if they were made to be worn together! They look gorgeous on your hand :appl: :appl: :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 34th anniversary! That's a wonderful accomplishment and what a lovely present to celebrate! Your new channel set band looks "just right" with your killer three stone!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is gorgeous and perfect with your ring! I do love the bezet band too! It is one of my favorites! Happy Anniversary!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfection! :appl:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Perfect choice, they look beautiful together...Wow! 34 years, congratulatons!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you and Mr. Gotrocks!!!! I love the band and love how it sits with your gorgeous set :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - I'm really loving this new band! I was so undecided and really did like the Bezet band but I'm so glad I made the change - it's so sparkly!! It adds just enough without taking anything away from the ering. Hubby has a great eye for design so once I had his blessing I figured it was the right way to go!

Thanks again for the warm wishes - you folks have made my day!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on 34 years! Your new band compliments your gorgeous 3 stone. I have to say, my heart always skips a beat when I see your ring. :love:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on 34 years of married life! Your new Tiffany ring looks great with your fabulous e-ring! Best Wishes. :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy anniversary! Gorgeous ring!!!!

cheers--Sharon

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
34 years!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!! Well done, you two! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Love your new band. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: It is simply beautiful. I wish you great health and happiness to wear it!!!

:wavey:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww congratulations on your anniversary! what a fantastic ring to commemorate this event. Looks gorgeous on you with the three stone!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!!!

And your new band looks fantastic with your threestone! I'm not usually into the diamond band + blingy Ering, but goodness, yours works perfectly - the channel type is discreet enough to not be overpowering but I can imagine the sparkles IRL.. :sun: I also love that both rings are the same height off your finger :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results